TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Connzilla

ECW's next PPV 'December To Dismember'

They have pushed the hell out of the EC match. Stop with the moronic "Vince forgot there was a PPV" comments. They don't need to book a full card when the only sell is expected to be the EC match which hyped big time last night.

They'll set up the Hardyz match tonight and that's all they really need.

Yes. Punk has probably shot up to the #2 face and possibly #1 after his reaction last night and probably extended push into sunday and RVD's burial. Punk's fresher while RVD is the same act. Vince and HHH like Punk, RVD? not so much.

It was announced today at the ECW press conference that The Hardy Boyz will compete at ECW's December to Dismember against any tag team from RAW, SmackDown!, ECW, or anywhere else in the world.

Please don't be Dice Domino and Deuce Shade! If they are going to debut a developmental tag team I'd rather see DSW's Urban Assault or High Impact. Also with The Gymini being taken off the SD! roster recently, they're a possibility to debut in ECW. What's the point of ECW tag teams when there is no tag team titles??

Spanky/London versus the Hardy Boyz would be a kickass match, but my personal hope would be a reunited Worlds Greatest Tag Team.

Hardy's vs Rated RKO!

From the RAW Preview:

Rated-RKO gets Extreme

Last night at Survivor Series, Team DX survived intact against Team Rated-RKO in a Traditional Survivor Series Match. Two members of Team DX, Matt & Jeff Hardy, will look to continue that success tonight when they face Edge & Randy Orton for the World Tag Team Championship. Can Team Extreme capture their sixth World Tag Team Championship and give Jeff double gold, or will Rated-RKO get a little payback for their Survivor Series malfunction?

YAY

So could we see Hardys win the titles tonight and then Orton/Edge head to D2D to try and win them back?? I really hope not.

Is the brand divisions all but dead? I mean why is Matt Hardy on Raw and why would Coach let him go for the brands tag titles?

They (Hardys) issued an open challenge to any team from the universe (their foes on the PPV will not be a team regularly in WWE--at least not as of this week although I presume they will be regulars again)-From Meltz.

Him saying again makes me think it is a returning team. Who though?

Likely opponents for Matt and Jeff from PWInsider.com

HARDY BOYZ' OPPONENTS AT ECW PPV

by Mike Johnson @ 4:55:00 PM on 11/27/2006

The plan at this point for the December to Dismember PPV is that the Hardy Boyz' open challenge will be answered by the reunited MNM, Johnny Nitro and Joey Mercury (managed by Melina). It would be Mercury's return to the main WWE roster after taking some time off to deal with personal issues and getting back into ring shape working in Ohio Valley Wrestling.

Likely opponents for Matt and Jeff from PWInsider.com

HARDY BOYZ' OPPONENTS AT ECW PPV

by Mike Johnson @ 4:55:00 PM on 11/27/2006

The plan at this point for the December to Dismember PPV is that the Hardy Boyz' open challenge will be answered by the reunited MNM, Johnny Nitro and Joey Mercury (managed by Melina). It would be Mercury's return to the main WWE roster after taking some time off to deal with personal issues and getting back into ring shape working in Ohio Valley Wrestling.

I'm not a huge fan of

Mercury

, but awesome.

I don't like the idea of the second most important match having no ecw wrestlers. Why not make it a traditional three way dance and include The FBI or something.

With Melina involved at ringside, I wonder if we could see Lita re-uninte with team xtreme on last time. They seemed to go out of their way to call them Team Xtreme last week, and Team Xtreme is The Hardy Boyz + Lita, otherwise they're just the Hardy Boyz. Merc at least has some old school ecw roots. At least Joey Merc has old ecw roots, however shallow they may be.

She's gone and they made a big deal out of her going out in a embarassing way (for her character) and they called them that because it's like whole LOD/Road Warriors deal. Same team, same purpose, same result.

The D2D Hardyz match is fine especially given the context it'd have anyways. Better then randomly putting Kendrick/London.

TNAWRESTLING.COM EXCLUSIVE – THE VOODOO KIN MAFIA ACCEPT THE OPEN CHALLENGE TO FACE MATT AND JEFF HARDY THIS SUNDAY NIGHT

On Wednesday, TNAwrestling.com received a call from the Voodoo Kin Mafia, who wanted to let the wrestling world know that they are publicly accepting the open challenge to face Matt and Jeff Hardy this Sunday night.

Although the open challenge was answered on their Monday night program by another tag team, BG and Kip would like to also accept the challenge to make it a three-way match.

According to BG, they will agree to compete in the bout under one condition – that the competition must cease and desist all “Dumb to the Xtreme” television skits effective immediately - and this must be verified by a signed and notarized legal document.

In turn, The Voodoo Kin Mafia will agree not to air their footage this Thursday night on “iMPACT!” on SpikeTV.

“You know Vince – a funny thing happened on Monday afternoon on your website when we were watching your little online press conference,” BG James said. “When the Hardys made the open challenge, I couldn’t help but hear the fans chanting ‘VKM’. Some other tag team may have accepted it, but it’s still an open challenge and the Voodoo Kin Mafia want in the match – so let’s make it a three-way. You have until this Thursday night before ‘iMPACT!’ goes on the air to give us an answer.”

The Voodoo Kin Mafia await a response from the WWE regarding the acceptance of the open challenge….

Probably not the thread for this...

Also, I hate this gimmick.

The question is, when will TNA get really gutsy and have the VKM show up at a WWE show or PPV?

Hopefully soon; I've read reports that floor seats are still available for the PPV and it would just be hilarious if they showed up.

Something tells me the entertainment value of this PPV is going to heavily rely on who occupies the first 4-5 rows of ringside seats. If it is ECW fans, then they should provide entertaining background to what is going on in the ring, whether it is clapping and cheering along with the good stuff, and/or shitting all over the garbage/stuff that tends to be too WWE-ized, however if the entire arena is merely WWECW fans, the ppv will be devoid of probably any semblence of the ECW of yesterday.

Something tells me the entertainment value of this PPV is going to heavily rely on who occupies the first 4-5 rows of ringside seats. If it is ECW fans, then they should provide entertaining background to what is going on in the ring, whether it is clapping and cheering along with the good stuff, and/or shitting all over the garbage/stuff that tends to be too WWE-ized, however if the entire arena is merely WWECW fans, the ppv will be devoid of probably any semblence of the ECW of yesterday.

You're probably right. The only match that people will be really into is the main event, which leaves about two hours for the audience to create their own entertainment.

If TNA is going to go through with that sort of angle, they might as well go all the way. They should send a camera crew to the show and have VKM show up trying to get into the building to take part in the tag match, then show the footage on Impact.

Isn't that what we're pretty much doing on Sunday?

It seems like forever maybe even before the shows split where they had a ppv with no card announced or they had show where the main event was so monumentous they didnt bother and just pushed it as a one match show.

I hope they get a hot crowd at least, but even Sunday night heat had more star power on some weeks.

Probably the biggest flaw is the show is for the one match and the one match is for the title, and the champ had better things to so he spent a month feuding with Cena and end up getting pinned by him at SS.

So they had to push the hell out of the contenders on all 3 shows

and they didnt do that, all they push is the EC which isnt that great to begin with.

You could also argue the last Raw ppv may have had bigger names and has a HIAC and TLC match and did about what they expected.

If this show tanks it's all their fault in the promotion, but Heyman will of course get all the blame.

The last tv did a good job building but

1)burying Terkay wasnt a good move for any reason

2)Hardys are an ok side attraction but youve seen them on tv for free what exactly is enticing for people with 40 bucks in their pockets?

3)No one cares about Joey Mercury

4)the title isnt a big deal if their champ is losing a feud with Cena constantly and getting beat by all the other competitors. (they may swerve the title to Test and give him the same push as Show got this past summer)

5)No one cares about Joey Mercury

those pics of Shango and Boogeyman make a better combo than the real VKM.

Hilarious about the part where it says they will agree to the match if they stop the 'stupid televised skits,' like they want a monopoly on those, lol.

Reminds me of the initial ecw/wwf relationship that didnt help wwf at all because the viewers were small to begin with or they were already watching wwf anyway. Vince could kill tna so easily if they put some muscle into ecw as a real brand. That was my first thought when they officially announced bringing them back. The only 2 places wrestlers want to go right now are tna or ecw.