TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Connzilla

ECW's next PPV 'December To Dismember'

Cool deal, man.

I wish I could make it, but I'd have to go visit some relatives in WV that live in an area like the one you just described, then go from there to SC to just to go to an ECW PPV.

I just can't justify that shit.

It WAS scheduled for Chicago, until Vince didn't like the ECW crowd at Hammerstein Ballroom, acting like an ECW Crowd.....I think he will be in for a suprise when he realizes ECW fans will travel for a PPV Card.

I realize a lot could happen between now and December, but will this be a showcase for the WWE midcard rejects like Test and Holly or will they allow some ECW originals on the card like ONS 1&2?

I'd say there's more than a good chance that the only ECW originals you'll see will be RVD/Sabu/Sandman/Dreamer. Maybe the FBI and someone like Justin Credible if you're lucky.

It WAS scheduled for Chicago, until Vince didn't like the ECW crowd at Hammerstein Ballroom, acting like an ECW Crowd.....I think he will be in for a suprise when he realizes ECW fans will travel for a PPV Card.

Are they going to travel for a WWECW PPV though?

I am baffled at the logic of this. First off it would be on PPV, so who cares what the crowd does? Second, they only reacted that way to the WWE outsider guys like Cena or Batista. There's no point in moving the show....just don't book Raw or SD guys on it.

I'd say there's more than a good chance that the only ECW originals you'll see will be RVD/Sabu/Sandman/Dreamer. Maybe the FBI and someone like Justin Credible if you're lucky.

So it's possible that the card could be all heels except for 4 or 5 guys? I think I'd buy that just for the crowd response.

I am baffled at the logic of this. First off it would be on PPV, so who cares what the crowd does? Second, they only reacted that way to the WWE outsider guys like Cena or Batista. There's no point in moving the show....just don't book Raw or SD guys on it.

The problem is that Vince doesn't want the "smart" or "ECW hardcore" fans anymore. He wants the sheepish/Mark fans at his shows. He wants the fans to boo the heels and and cheer the faces and he knows that the smart fans won't always do that and Vince doesn't want that. Vince wants his fans to believe in kayfabe, which is ironic since he came out and said that wrestling was fake and just entertainment, fucking up the wrestling buissness and helping fans want to smarten up to understand how excatly its entertainment.

So it's possible that the card could be all heels except for 4 or 5 guys? I think I'd buy that just for the crowd response.

I don't see Credible sticking around long.

Vince loves Roadkill, but took away his Roadkill character, and I see him being around for a while, if you want to count him.

If Benoit does return, I could see him going to ECW at least for a little while.

I think Richards and Snow won't wrestle much longer, so yeah.

RVD/Sabu/Sandman/Dreamer and the FBI is about it. Nunzio has been in the WWE for a while now, and they'd be stupid to split up Guido/Mamaluke, so I'd expect them to be around, too.

Guest DRH 502

Why does anyone want to see the old ECW dudes?? Maybe i'm not remembering correctly, but I only saw a hand full of matches out of ECW I would go out of my way to see again, and they were mostly all from outsiders anyway.

If Benoit does return, I could see him going to ECW at least for a little while.

Maybe in kayfabe they'll trade him for Angle.

Benoit needs to stay on SD. The main event is getting thin again without Angle or Henry and now with Mysterio going out for knee surgery soon.

do they even have a big enough roster for a PPV?

Are you kidding? They've got a roster that's so big they could run a month of TV without ever having the same guy wrestle twice, especially with the constant guest stars from Raw and Smackdown.

Why does anyone want to see the old ECW dudes?? Maybe i'm not remembering correctly, but I only saw a hand full of matches out of ECW I would go out of my way to see again, and they were mostly all from outsiders anyway.

Um... maybe because the fans would much rather watch guys like RVD, Sabu, Dreamer, Guido, Mamaluke, and other similar wrestlers who actually go out there and take chances and work their asses off, instead of the traditional WWE "superstar" whose main talent are shooting up with roids and looking real menacing as long as they just stand still?

what ecw matches were you watching?

Guest Connzilla

I really hope this PPV has atleast one highly camoed match like at last years One Night Stand as I thought it was pretty cool and differant than other WWE PPVs and this PPV needs something to stand out so people don't shit on it too bad, because we all know it will be shitted on no matter how good it is

ECW did run a PPV in Georgia once before though, I believe it was Wrestlepalooza 1998. It's an arbitrary and odd place for this one however.

What bigger sheep are there than the ECW audience? No, really. I don't really recall too many instances of ECW fans reacting contrary to what Heyman was communicating. The fans shit on Dreamer early in his career, but that was the point of the angle. Dreamer was a "pretty boy" punk that was trying to earn their respect.

I'd even say the various WWE guys that have been crapped on were by design. Cena was fed to the lions at the PPV, but that was the whole point. Ditto Orton. Batista is the only guy that was sent there that made no sense. The fans crapped on him but it runs contrary to what we see every week on SD. Fans on Raw already boo Cena on a 50/50 basis. Orton is a heel anyway. But Batista is supposed to be a monster that is wildly over with the fans on SD....and they sent him to ECW to get ridiculed?