TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lord of The Curry

Prison Break

I wish they'd set an ending in sight in the first place so it wouldn't be rushed.

Seasons 1 and 2 were great. Season 3 was good, but he just happens to end up in a prison in another country where a company man that needs breaking out is being held? C'mon

And I've not been too happy with this season, still good enough tv, but it's nowhere near the level of the first two seasons

He didn't "just happen" to end up there. That was The Company. I'm pretty sure there were a few scenes with The General talking to his henchman about how Sona was a plan B or whatever, but I don't remember exactly.

So, I have Netflix now and I am thinking of renting out seasons 1-3 of this show and then watching season 4 online. Is there going to be a hiatus during the winter so I can have time to catch up?

That heel turn was awesome. The whole time my GF and I thought that the female agent (the girl from the OC, can't remember her name) was going to be the one turning, or Self's boss at the office. Then BAM! Michael Rappaport is awesome! :)

The only reason I liked the Self heel turn is that he seemed uneasy and nervous about the whole thing. If he'd calmly and all smooth-like done it then it would have been nothing like his character and would have been awful. The swerve was better handled the way it was

Fox loves Michael Rappaport though, they always find work for him.

But really...he gives them their freedom papers and they don't open the damn thing for like an hour till Self is long gone? C'mon

So, we hit the fall break with a pretty interesting episode, as we've now got Michael vs. Linc, and Linc vs. HIS MOM (!), not to mention T-Bag (!) playing the angel on Linc's shoulder, urging him to let Gretchen live. Personally, I was hoping Linc would've turned around and plugged Don Self, as Gretchen is way more interesting to have around than Self. Although, it was pretty funny hearing Self call Mahone "Frank Liberace" (when they were trying to pump the marina guy for info), with Mahone replying "no relation".

I dunno. As far as they know their mom has been dead for 20+ years, and the episode he finds out that she's alive is the same episode that Linc ends up talking with her and you find out she's the one behind the Scylla deal...

ehh. The only reason I like the idea of Michael vs Linc is if one has to end up killing the other. That would be great, especially being that this whole thing started with Michael going through all of this to save his brother's life.

I know that Prison Break is a far fetched show to begin with...but it's getting way way too out there

Story on the cancellation via http://www.cp24.com/servlet/an/local/CTVNe...24Entertainment

Wed Jan. 14 2009 9:13:20 AM

Fox says `Prison Break' to wrap in spring after four seasons

UNIVERSAL CITY, Calif. — It's inescapable -- Fox TV is bringing "Prison Break" to an end after four seasons.

The network said Tuesday that the drama starring Wentworth Miller and Dominic Purcell will begin airing its final episodes this spring. The series took a break after its December season debut and will conclude with about a half-dozen episodes starting April 17.

It's the right move for "Prison Break" and its fans, said Kevin Reilly, Fox entertainment president.

"We didn't give it the hook," Reilly told a meeting of the Television Critics Association. "The show just played out. I think you get to the point where creatively everyone feels enough stories were told."

Ending the show now allows it to "finish strong," he said.

It's time. I wondered how long they could make the Prison Break concept work, and for the first two seasons it went great. Season three was pretty iffy, and four isn't that good. Just hope they can give it a nice send off. I've enjoyed the show

I was wondering about this when I saw they were moving House to Mondays. A shame as it's an excellent show, but you can tell they're starting to run out of steam as far as stretching the story out.

I'll watch/DVR. I still find plenty of enjoyment in the show, but at the same time I'm pretty much in agreement that it is time to wrap it up. Hopefully it gets to finish up with a true finale, and doesn't just get dropped without any closure.

This past episode was on my DVR for a few weeks and I just deleted it last night. The show is just getting way to crazy now and is too far off the original concept. They should have just ended it after they finally got the blackbook and not have all this stupid shit with Rapaport.

Are they still planning on doing a spinoff I think it was gona be called Cherry Hill? If Jodi Lyn O'Keefe (Gretchen) was up for it i think it could work she could be Cherry Hill's Abruzzi or resident psychopath ala TBag.

Showtime is doing basically the same idea as a female Prison Break, as it's already in development, so I highly doubt that will happen.

Read in EW this week that since the show was greenlit for a total of 22 episodes this season, and they are only going to air 6 more, there may be enough footage and production time to still put together a finale two hour TV movie or something, since apparently they have filmed extra footage to tie up more loose ends and whatnot.