TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lord of The Curry

Prison Break

PB's timeline is pretty interesting cause its only what..July and the original escape from Fox River in Season 1 was in May.

Which was really odd during season one watching it snow, and everyone wearing winter clothing while it was supposed to be closer to June.

What's happenning with C-Note ? Maybe it's because I don't remember it from Season 2, but last time we've seen him, his wife was getting arrested and he still was on the run with his daughter. Did I miss something or he's a forgetten character ?

I dont like the fact that ratings are slipping pretty big, mondays episode was down 2 million viewers from last the previous week. I think the first 3 eps have been better than anything from last season because they've condense the storylines back into everything in prison along with Lincoln on the outside.

I dont like the fact that ratings are slipping pretty big, mondays episode was down 2 million viewers from last the previous week. I think the first 3 eps have been better than anything from last season because they've condense the storylines back into everything in prison along with Lincoln on the outside.

I think with everything going on between SWC and the show is the reason why ratings are down she is/was a popular character and if her head is in the box I think that is what is going to kill this show.

I think with everything going on between SWC and the show is the reason why ratings are down she is/was a popular character and if her head is in the box I think that is what is going to kill this show.

Its pretty much a given its her head in the box - it was already pretty much spoiled in a thread talking about the actress's departure. They had to do something since it sounded, from the last episode, that they couldnt even so much as get her own voice for the call made to Michael. Now to say her character is the end all, be all, of the show, I totally disagree.

The Company sending Sarah's head in a box doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

Sarah is the company's bargaining chip; she's the REASON Micheal is planning to break that guy out. Sure, they have LJ too, but Lincoln isn't in jail, Michael is. If Sarah is dead because they killed her, do you really think he'd break Whistler out? Knowing that they'd prolly just kill LJ too, whenever they felt like it?

I figure it's her hand; the one that was pointing to the town name or whatever on the newspaper.

The way I see it, Sarah's head will be in the box, but Lincoln will decide to keep that fact away from Michael. If Michael knows Sarah's dead, he'll stop trying to break out Whistler, and LJ will be screwed. The majority of the season will focus on Linc hiding Sarah's death from Michael so Michael will continue along with the plan, leading to a huge climax near the end of the season once Michael finds out Lincoln was lying the whole time.

I think Michael will want to bust Whistler out more upon finding out if Sarah is dead/killed by the company, or moreless he would want to bust out WITH him to get revenge. Plus, gotta consider even if that isnt the case, LJ is Michael's family, too, so he would still be honorable to him and to Lincoln and try to bust Whistler out regardless. It's a family thing, dammit!

I see what you guys are saying, but I still think it wouldn't make sense from the Company's perspective. They can be confident that Michael will do what they want so long as they have Sarah. They can't be confident that Micheal will be more driven to break out on news of her death, or that he wouldn't be told. Too many variables to toss into the mix, especially when they already hold all the cards, you know? Besides, killing Sarah would also send the message that even if they do what the Company says, there's no guarantee they won't just kill LJ anyway.

I could see them going the "Lincoln doesn't tell Micheal" route, but I just don't think it would make much sense in terms of the story, know what I mean?

Yeah, I think that was a shitty way of finishing Sara Tancredi's character. She was such a major part of the show in Season 2 -- and to a lesser extent, Season 1 -- and they handled the end of her arc in a very anti-climactic way.

Not a fan of how they did this.

The way I see it, Sarah's head will be in the box, but Lincoln will decide to keep that fact away from Michael. If Michael knows Sarah's dead, he'll stop trying to break out Whistler, and LJ will be screwed. The majority of the season will focus on Linc hiding Sarah's death from Michael so Michael will continue along with the plan, leading to a huge climax near the end of the season once Michael finds out Lincoln was lying the whole time.

you get a cookie!

Pretty good episode otherwise. Love Mahone's breakdown, especially the stuff with Haywire and his psychotic staredown with Michael near the end. The Sara thing is going to leave a bad taste in my mouth for a while though.

I'm totally fine with her head in the box. It's something happening at a point where there's probably going to be a lot of stalling and planning.

Also, anybody else get a big 'ol smile when Sucre was revealed as the new gravedigger? That plus Michael still being smart as fuck re: the chemicals and the electric fence = damn good episode closer.

Bold prediction - The Company gimmicked up that Sara head, which means she's still alive.

That's what I thought for a second, but what would they have to gain by faking her death? Either way, Lincoln and Michael will think she's dead and want revenge.

Well, Linc pretty much fell right into place as The Company's lapdog. They know he won't tell Michael while they're in the process of planning the breakout, so there's no problem there.

And why would they care if Linc & Michael want revenge? Realistically, why would they be scared of those 2 coming after them? Who are L/M going to target? Where? How?

Spiff, I hope you're right.

I can kinda see a rationale too...Linc WON'T fuck around if LJ is next, so it makes the brothers have to focus. No trying to free the hostages, just free Whistler. Still strikes me as an odd move on the Company's part, but I'm willing to wait and see before I judge too harshly.

Also, part of me is wondering if maybe the Company's endgame is now making Micheal a member of the Company. I know it sounds weird, but it seems to me that the Company is all about threats to keep their people in line - look at Mahone. Perhaps a number of lower-level Company people are being forced into things in this way, with only the higher-ups and some lower-level people being voluntary members. Personally, I think that new girl is being forced to do what she's doing, too. And Micheal is a proven problem-solver, so, they'd obviously consider him a potential asset, I think.

Eventually, they could have so much dirt on him (and if Spiff is right, Sarah as well) that he'd have no choice but to do whatever they told him.

Bellick's bit was awesome too. I feel so bad for his character.

"He told me he was doing me a favour. Next thing I know I'm hog-tied in a pipe under my own prison while that bastard got away."

Dunno what to think yet. They're going to break out sooner than later, since it's a forgone conclusion I'd rather they not dick around with it as long as they did in season one.

The tattoos are useless now, so we'll probably see Michael in long sleeves as much as possible.

I found it laughable that Heroes and Prison Break both did their "What's in the box!" episode on the same night

Bold prediction - The Company gimmicked up that Sara head, which means she's still alive.

That's what I thought for a second, but what would they have to gain by faking her death? Either way, Lincoln and Michael will think she's dead and want revenge.

The company, nothing. They want her dead, they can just kill her. Just like Veronica.

But the writers? It gives them an in for the character if she ever decides to come back. Lame, yes.

Kinda disappointing episode tonight to get back in the flow of the show. The highlight for me was Mahone standing up against the new guy.

Yeah I was way let down by the show tonight. Things were just kind of there in all aspects and didn't really lead to much overall.

Kinda disappointing episode tonight to get back in the flow of the show. The highlight for me was Mahone standing up against the new guy.

just in time to get back out of the flow with baseball next monday night..though the next ep is 2 hours..and at that point there are only a handful of new episodes until its return April.

Some of this is a spoiler but I wont spoiler tag all of it just for the fact that its relatively a small spoiler in the scheme of things:

Fox is looking to expand its primetime prison population with a spinoff from "Prison Break."

Tentatively titled "Prison Break: Cherry Hill," the potential new series would be set at a women's prison and center on Molly, a new regular character that will be introduced on "Prison" later this season.

Fox has ordered a script of the possible spinoff, which is being written by "Prison" exec producer Matt Olmstead and co-exec producer Zack Estrin and produced by 20th Century Fox TV.

Molly is an upper-middle-class wife. After suffering a family tragedy at the hands of the Company -- the government conspiracy that framed Michael (Wentworth Miller) and Lincoln (Dominic Purcell) and put them behind bars -- she seeks them out at the hellish Panamanian prison Sona in her quest to exact vengeance.

"There is an ironic similarity between Molly and Michael -- they're both emotionally banged-up, both have lost loved ones, and both want the people responsible to pay -- so they empathize with each other," Olmstead said. (Michael's love interest Sara, played by Sarah Wayne Callies, was killed earlier this season.)

In "Cherry Hill," which would have the same tone as "Prison," Molly goes to a women's detention facility fully accepting the life sentence for her acts of revenge until she is contacted by the government with information that some of her loved ones are alive.

"In a moment's time, she is transformed from an unapologetic murderer to a motivated woman who would do anything to get out of prison and be with them," said Olmstead, who is exec producing "Cherry Hill" with Estrin and "Prison" exec producer Dawn Parouse.

Olmstead and Parouse had been talking about developing a show set at a women's prison for some time but had hit a roadblock -- how to set up and launch such a show?

"Concurrent with that, on 'Prison Break' we wanted to introduce a mystery character who brings some clues to the table and with whom Michael and Lincoln work to uncover the big conspiracy," Olmstead said. "The women's prison idea folded into the idea of introducing that character, and once we combined them, it immediately popped for us."

He approached Estrin with the idea, and he came on board right away.

A search is under way for an actress to play Molly. "Prison" producers will determine in which episode she will make her first appearance after casting the role.

If "Cherry Hill" doesn't go forward, Molly will continue on "Prison" as a regular character.

There have been several series set in women's prisons over the years, including the long-running Australian drama "Prisoner: Cell Block H" and Fox's short-lived comedy "Women in Prison."

I think it's fascinating that they're already planning a spinoff based on character that doesn't even exist yet. Spin-offs are hard enough to pull off with already established and well liked characters let alone someone the audience hasn't even met yet.

Tweener gets 3 1/2 years

Lane Garrison: Sentenced to 40 Months in Prison; Considers Himself "Lucky"

By Us Magazine

October 31, 2007, 11:30 am PDT

celebs: Lane Garrisontopics: Legal Woes

Actor Lane Garrison was sentenced to three years and four months in state prison Wednesday after pleading guilty to vehicular manslaughter without gross negligence and two other alcohol-related charges.

The former Prison Break actor, 27, was taken away in handcuffs by Sheriff's deputies after Judge Elden Fox issued the sentence in Beverly Hills Superior Court at around 10:30 a.m.

"[Lane] thinks he is the lucky one -- he survived the accident," Garrison's lawyer, Harland Braun, tells Us. "He is philosophical about the whole thing."

Braun added: "We asked the judge to consider letting him serve his time in fire camp so he can fight fires. At least that is out in the open."

In December 2006, Garrison, 27, crashed his Land Rover SUV into a tree in Beverly Hills, killing a male teen passenger and injuring two teen girls also inside the car.

The sentencing was to take place in August, but was postponed after a judge ordered Garrison to get a psychiatric evaluation to help decide his sentence.

At the August hearing, Garrison told the judge: "I'm reminded of that night every day and I think about the bad decision I made. I am so sorry."

Along with his manslaughter plea, Garrison -- who had a registered a blood alcohol level of over .15 the night of the crash -- admitted he gave alcohol to minors.

...I am getting tired of The Company. The last episode was very tense and one of the better ones, but I wish they would just break out and get where they're going already