TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BorneAgain

Smackdown Spoilers for the 9/8 Airing

Dark match

Henry Godwinn b Bull Buchanan - terrible match

Smackdown has a new open

Finlay b Mysterio clean in the middle with the emerald frosien. JBL started saying Mysterio was a failure and a loser and Mysterio walked away like it got to him.

Kennedy b ? (not sure who it was). They teased the idea of Kennedy vs. Cena when Cena comes over, but that's a red herring. They did announce Undertaker vs. Kennedy on 10/7, which tells you how far in the doghouse Terkay has fallen

London & Kendrick & Ashley b K.C. James & Idol Stevens & Michelle McCool when Kendrick pinned James

King Booker b Batista when Finlay hit Batista with the shilleleigh

Bobby Lashley b William Regal

The Miz b Matt Hardy when Gregory Helms interfered

Chavo Guerrero b Tatanka with a frog splash

These sound like they're finished, if not out of order, but if there's an update I'll post it.

Whoa, where's my weekly Vito match? At least tell me they'll have a video of Vito running errands in his dress.

Seriously though, it looks okay. I want to see Finlay-Rey because their first TV match around NWO/WM time was awesome.

Wow, if Batista lays down for the pin, then I guess they've just lost all faith him. Perhaps Batista and Cena will do the switcheroo again after the PPV?

Wow, if Batista lays down for the pin, then I guess they've just lost all faith him. Perhaps Batista and Cena will do the switcheroo again after the PPV?

He jobbed via interference. Hardly a sign that they "lost faith" in him.

Guest wildpegasus

It's possible given backstage gossip. It's hard to say from our vantage point though.

But the interference thing does bring up an interesting point. Is Batista not getting the belt for the time being? Is the Finlay intereference meant to give Batista a new feud? Or is this just another roadblock for Batista so when he finally gets the title, fans willl see it as more of an accomplishment?

And if Batista isn't getting the belt than who is?

I dont get why they didnt just do that same finish to Booker/Batista at SummerSlam - but hey, at least its done now and they are at least attempting to give Booker some heat in this feud. Finley can then be the guy to put over Batista stong leading to another Booker/Batista at No Mercy, I would assume.

Anyone know if this is going to air on any Minneapolis station this week? Im really lost in this whole CW switch with pre-emptions of the show.

The whole Rey/Chavo junk still annoys me to no end as part of the show, now Rey get the bummed out failure losing streak angle? Great way to bottom him out right before he's leaving for surgery. I just dont get the deal there and I am far from a Rey mark or anything. But the Eddy shit is just killing him dead.

Kennedy-Taker just seems like a feud thrown together for the fuck of it.

I would imagine Miz/Hardy has to be at least somewhat interesting, running with him as a heel is probably the best bet.

I think the chances are slim on Cena moving over here to this show, but it honestly wouldn't be a bad idea at this point. There would be much more variety in the main event with Cena over here to balance things out a bit, esp. if Rey is buried/gone anyway. If Cena would come over here, I'd test a heel turn out, either him or Batista actually, building that as the $$$ match for the title at Mania. There could be a cool story there on how they both kind of got "over" at the same time period and whatnot.

It's possible given backstage gossip. It's hard to say from our vantage point though.

But the interference thing does bring up an interesting point. Is Batista not getting the belt for the time being? Is the Finlay intereference meant to give Batista a new feud? Or is this just another roadblock for Batista so when he finally gets the title, fans willl see it as more of an accomplishment?

Still, interference or not, there's no real good reason why you should have a guy like Batista lay down on free TV, unless you're trying to bury him. Either way, it's pretty ridiculous booking as it serves to help no one. Booker T doesn't really even need the rub from Batista in the first place, as he's drawing heat on his own, and jobbing out Batista, even through interference, just makes him look weak. Fucking WWE.

Some slightly more detailed spoilers.

Mr. Ken Kennedy faced some guy named Dave Richardson I think. The guy and his kicks sucked and this match was a squash. Kennedy did some mic work about being a top tier titan and called out John Cena if he were to come to Smackdown and even challenged The Undertaker for a shot at his title at No Mercy.

The Hulliganz and Ashley defeated James, Stevens and McCool. Okayish matchup with the babyface team botching a lot but still getting the win.

Chavo Guerrero fought Tatanka and won.

he Miz beat Matt Hardy with The Mizard of Oz after Gregory Helms' underhanded deception. This Miz guy is such a great heel because he is like a hate-able version of John Cena without talent.

Backstage stuff with MVP.

Lashley beat Regal in a match that resembled something from WCW Nitro or NOAH.

Jimmy Wayne Yang promo aired where he showed the fine art of Southern Hospitality.

CW advertisement hype infomercial.

Finlay beat Rey easily. Rey seemed out of it during the entire match.

King Booker defeated Batista when Finlay hit Batista with the shillelagh. New stip says Batista can't challenge Booker one on one again.

Guest wildpegasus
King Booker defeated Batista when Finlay hit Batista with the shillelagh. New stip says Batista can't challenge Booker one on one again.

That's interesting.

Hmm, possible Triple Threat World title match coming up? Or is Batista really not going to get a title shot? I suppose there's always the possibility that Batista can earn a shot at the Rumble and than win at Mania.

It makes sense if they're using it to end the Booker/Batista feud. I really hope this is all leading to Cena going to Smackdown. If Cena did go over and win the title, I think Cena/Batista would be a pretty good main event for WM.

Guest DRH 502

For the fourth time asked thus far...what is the deal with Terkay and why is he in the doghouse????

Still, interference or not, there's no real good reason why you should have a guy like Batista lay down on free TV, unless you're trying to bury him. Either way, it's pretty ridiculous booking as it serves to help no one. Booker T doesn't really even need the rub from Batista in the first place, as he's drawing heat on his own, and jobbing out Batista, even through interference, just makes him look weak. Fucking WWE.

I disagree here, Booker has NEEDED a rub from Batista since the entire program has been one sided as hell. Ideally, Booker should have pinned Batista at SS via the crown scepter shot, but instead Batista kicked out. With that said, its pretty illogical why Finley can hit him with a similar device and he does the job, I will admit that. But Batista needed to give a little back in this feud for the chase to mean something. I'm certain the program isnt over, this is far from the blowoff. Finley/Batista will just feud leading to a few matches on Smackdown til No Mercy, where I would expect a Batista/Booker rematch.

Whatever the case, I dont see Batista losing any momentum from doing this job really.

They might do Cena / Booker for No Mercy or like someone else said, Cena / Batista / Booker for the title.

Although I'm probably just getting my hopes up for nothing since WWE teased Batista to coming to SD in early 2005. Eventually, Batista did go to SD, but you know what I mean.

I don't mind Batista losing one bit since this is his first pinfall since he got back and it wasn't clean so that makes it okay in my book.

And I'm all for Undertaker / Kennedy, I've been wanting to see that match for a long time now.

now Rey get the bummed out failure losing streak angle?

LOL, he's back to where he started.

Guest DRH 502
For the fourth time asked thus far...what is the deal with Terkay and why is he in the doghouse????

...and you call yourself Smart Marks. I guess i'll go ask someone who would actually know...OVER AT THE DVDVR!~! :D

since when do they call the champs Hooliganz? and what is that supposed to mean? do they spraypaint things and beat people up and play practical crude jokes?

does anyone know if MVP is any good? I was thinking it was some genius creative idea to have some called MVP and have no talent.

Buchanon and Godwinn? that's money in the bank right there. I dont think airing dark matches or just putting new talent out there would put a dent in the ratings at all.

Rey with a losing streak gimmick? Didnt that streak start right after he won the Rumble?

I'm so used to his trademark move being on his knees slapping the mat with both hands, with his " I can't believe I lost again" face.

since when do they call the champs Hooliganz? and what is that supposed to mean? do they spraypaint things and beat people up and play practical crude jokes?

I don't think anyone in WWE has ever called them that, but they do have the name on their shorts.

That's interesting.

Hmm, possible Triple Threat World title match coming up? Or is Batista really not going to get a title shot? I suppose there's always the possibility that Batista can earn a shot at the Rumble and than win at Mania.

They will either do something to get that stip voided (maybe due to the interference) and say that if Batista beats Finlay he'll get his title shot, but if Finlay wins then he gets it, so that will add some DRAMA to the eventual Batista win...

...or they'll find some way to add a third body in there somehow.