TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest TysonTomko420

Comments which don't warrant a thread

Giving the audience what they want - is it really that hard a concept?

Apparently, yes. Vince has never given the fans what they wanted, except for a brief period when he was in danger of going bankrupt (the Attitude era). He has always been about telling the fans what they should like and not like -- always. It goes with being such a complete control freak. This shouldn't be surprising at all.

Well, the question is...when do we as wrestling fans get completely fed up with this ego maniac and take matters into our own hands?

Well, the question is...when do we as wrestling fans get completely fed up with this ego maniac and take matters into our own hands?

Anyone think Vince will accidentally let too much stock out onto the market, allowing for a smark hostile takeover of the E? That would be pretty funny. We could raffle off who gets to tell Vinnie "YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOU'RE FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIRED!", who gets to push HHH down the card, things like that.

Won't happen, because Vince's stock is way more valuable than what is on the market.

It just makes me think, though. I don't know how large the "IWC" is, but presumably there are tends of thousands of "smarks" on the internet at this point. If so many people truly hate Vince, you'd think we could do something about the way he's running the company that we all watch on a weekly basis.

RAW is the number one show on cable(until MNF debuts on ESPN this fall)....why should he be concern about what we think?? When the ratings say otherwise??

RAW is the number one show on cable(until MNF debuts on ESPN this fall)....why should he be concern about what we think?? When the ratings say otherwise??

The short answer is because, while he is making a modest profit doing things the way he is, Vince could be making a SHITLOAD more if he were smart about it.

#1 on cable? Try again, chief.

NIELSEN RATINGS FOR WEEK OF JULY 10th

1 - USA Network - Pirates of the Carribean Movie 4.6

2 - Home Run Derby - ESPN - 4.4

3 - The Closer - TNT - 4.4

4 - NEXTEL Cup Racing - TNT - 3.9

5 - WWE Raw - 3.5

6 - Nightmares & Dreamscapes - TNT - 3.2

7 - Monk - USA - 3.1

8 - Psyche - USA - 3.0

9 - WWE Raw - 2.9

10 - Nightmares & Dreamscapes - TNT - 2.8

_________

The ratings do show otherwise and show very big reasons for concern.

No CBright, because IT HAS NEVER BEFORE BEEN SEEN IN THE WESTERN HEMISPHERE OMG.

Expect a roof-less Hell in the Cell with jungle-esque bamboo spikes at the top to prevent "climbing out", and some other jungle gimmicks like leafs and sticks.

The short answer is because, while he is making a modest profit doing things the way he is, Vince could be making a SHITLOAD more if he were smart about it.

I don't know about that. Vince does like good wrestling... look at Bret Hart for an example.

It's just that Vince knows what makes moneyand works for the majority of his fans, and he'll stick to it. Also add in the fact that he has no direct competition... he can now do the things that humor him the most.

Batista's opponent for GAB announced from PWInsider.

*SPOILERS FOR THIS WEEK'S SMACKDOWN*

We just got a call from Justin H. at the Smackdown taping. He said it was announced that WWE has announced Ken Kennedy as Batista's opponent for Sunday's Great American Bash PPV.

I don't know about that. Vince does like good wrestling... look at Bret Hart for an example.

It's just that Vince knows what makes moneyand works for the majority of his fans, and he'll stick to it. Also add in the fact that he has no direct competition... he can now do the things that humor him the most.

Vince does like and understand the wrestling side of Pro Wrestling, but for the past few years, for some reason Vince has got it in his mind that Entertainment (skits, and tv drama) is better than wrestling and that fans are tuning in for the entertainment element not the pro wrestling element.

Also with Vince, NO ONE can tell him he's wrong on something. If someone does, they either demoted or fired. In Vince's world, he's king and no one else can tell him otherwise. I think one day Vince will wake up and look at his product and realize its bad and will try to change it for the better but until then...Pro Wrestling in the WWE and the fans are fucked.

Dont know if anyones mentioned this but two interesting bits from the "When will RAW be in HD" thread over at AVS

A) Last weeks RAW may or may not have been shot using HD equipment to test out HD. The going rumors are that RAW will be in HD sometime in 2007 though.

B)This weeks RAW was sent to USA network via a fiber optic network instead of satellites, which is why there was no WWE Unlimited, because they couldn't tap the fiber optic network like they can satellites.

From WWE.com:

Tuesday afternoon in Birmingham, Alabama, Dr. James Andrews performed surgery on Mark Henry to repair the knee injury Henry suffered in a Six-Man Tag Team Match at Saturday Night's Main Event.

Following the surgery, WWE doctor Ferdinand Rios spoke with Dr. Andrews, who revealed the full extent of Henry's injury; Henry tore his patella tendon completely off the bone, and also split his patella (kneecap) completely in two.

Henry's surgery was successful, but the timeframe for his recovery is unknown. The optimistic prognosis is that he will miss about eight months.

And the internet rejoices...

Vince does like and understand the wrestling side of Pro Wrestling, but for the past few years, for some reason Vince has got it in his mind that Entertainment (skits, and tv drama) is better than wrestling and that fans are tuning in for the entertainment element not the pro wrestling element.

Also with Vince, NO ONE can tell him he's wrong on something. If someone does, they either demoted or fired. In Vince's world, he's king and no one else can tell him otherwise. I think one day Vince will wake up and look at his product and realize its bad and will try to change it for the better but until then...Pro Wrestling in the WWE and the fans are fucked.

The only guy you had who could challenge Vince was Patterson, but he's gone now. The only guy who will save wrestling in the mainstream is Triple H... that is once Vince passes on.

From WWE.com:

Tuesday afternoon in Birmingham, Alabama, Dr. James Andrews performed surgery on Mark Henry to repair the knee injury Henry suffered in a Six-Man Tag Team Match at Saturday Night's Main Event.

Following the surgery, WWE doctor Ferdinand Rios spoke with Dr. Andrews, who revealed the full extent of Henry's injury; Henry tore his patella tendon completely off the bone, and also split his patella (kneecap) completely in two.

Henry's surgery was successful, but the timeframe for his recovery is unknown. The optimistic prognosis is that he will miss about eight months.

And the internet rejoices...

Holy fuck, and holy fuck times 2. The dude was a slug but how can you not feel sorry for someone with an injury like that.

The only guy you had who could challenge Vince was Patterson, but he's gone now. The only guy who will save wrestling in the mainstream is Triple H... that is once Vince passes on.

Actually I think Patterson came back but has a small small role now in the company and the reason Patterson left the first time was because he tried to talk to Vince about the product and quit because Vince wouldn't listen. HHH could change the product, because lets face it HHH is smart when it comes to the product but Miss Stephanie could be a problem.

The pessimistic prognosis is that he'll be back next week.

#1 on cable? Try again, chief.

NIELSEN RATINGS FOR WEEK OF JULY 10th

1 - USA Network - Pirates of the Carribean Movie 4.6

2 - Home Run Derby - ESPN - 4.4

3 - The Closer - TNT - 4.4

4 - NEXTEL Cup Racing - TNT - 3.9

5 - WWE Raw - 3.5

6 - Nightmares & Dreamscapes - TNT - 3.2

7 - Monk - USA - 3.1

8 - Psyche - USA - 3.0

9 - WWE Raw - 2.9

10 - Nightmares & Dreamscapes - TNT - 2.8

_________

The ratings do show otherwise and show very big reasons for concern.

Well they are still in the top 10. They will drop down in ratings occasionally, but for the most part they are the highest rated show on cable.

I think I'd be less inclined to watch RAW in HD. I certainly don't need sharper, more detailed shots of male ass, thank you very much.

Well you are straight...but for gay men/women it would be a dream!!!

I think I'd be less inclined to watch RAW in HD. I certainly don't need sharper, more detailed shots of male ass, thank you very much.

Well you are straight...but for gay men/women it would be a dream!!!

The fuck?

So in Canada, Raw will now be on EVERY week at 10pm - the compromise is (in theory) there will never be any "mystery times" where hockey or baseball games cause pre-emptions, or pre-emptions until midnight for that matter.

I can live with that (and watch Two and Half Men!).