TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest TysonTomko420

Comments which don't warrant a thread

Dallas, was the one that idolized Shawn right?

I think that was Blade.

Blade is the one that's like 8 years old running around playing with Shawn on the Wrestling with Shadows documentary right?

Dallas, was the one that idolized Shawn right?

I think that was Blade.

Blade is the one that's like 8 years old running around playing with Shawn on the Wrestling with Shadows documentary right?

So Dallas is the one who had the column on WWF Magazine, right? Geez, he was like 12 then...so he probably realized that he has a massive IN as a wrestler and seeing his cousins, do it probably inspired him. At least he went to someone like Storm.

Dallas, Blade

He was a great wrestler but man he had a horrible taste in children's names

Don't forget about Beans Hart.

LOL Beans I totally forgot he named one of his kids that. 1 thing I'll never forget is watching that documentary and seeing his daughter standing next to him and Vince and she's taller than both of them, his daughter is apparently a giant.

I read on my number one source for wrestling news, wikipedia, that the latest Torch said WWE was in talks with Jericho to come back. I also read that Jim Ross stated he thought it could happen in 2006, and hey, Jericho was eliminated from Celeb Duets right out of the gate...

I hope he does come back, and I hope he goes to ECW. Raw and Smackdown are already overloaded with so many "big stars" that there would be a long line indeed for the inevitable Jobichos. On the other hand, Christ would be a perfect fit for ECW. He's a good worker, a great talker, can play either face or heel effectively, can be either comedic or serious, all that stuff. And best of all, he's a true original ECW veteran, but he worked in the upper midcard of WWE for so long that the office probably forgot all about Jericho's extreme tenure and would actually push him instead of jobbing him to vampires.

More from F4W on the drug testing. Everyone from Raw and ECW has passed. The best theory as to why, coutesy of Lance Storm, is that because Lashley's enzyme level went back to normal after a week, and so the Raw crew had plenty of time to get off whatever they had to in order to pass. Apparently, almost eveyone has gotten off whatever they've been on except marijuana, which they are not testing for.

More from F4W on the drug testing. Everyone from Raw and ECW has passed. The best theory as to why, coutesy of Lance Storm, is that because Lashley's enzyme level went back to normal after a week, and so the Raw crew had plenty of time to get off whatever they had to in order to pass. Apparently, almost eveyone has gotten off whatever they've been on except marijuana, which they are not testing for.

Kurt Angle couldn't have passed,surely?

Well, I guess it's good news. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a bit surprised.

Angle almost certainly had legit prescriptions for whatever he was taking. Lots of wrestlers legally take painkillers or steroids that way.

Apparently, almost eveyone has gotten off whatever they've been on except marijuana, which they are not testing for.

R-V-D! R-V-D!

I've yet to see Hulk Hogan lose to anybody. He wrestles once every 6 months, and it doesn't matter if you're the biggest name in active competition today, he's not going to lose to you. There was suppose to be a Hogan/Michaels 2, and Hogan was supposed to lose. All of a sudden his knee starting "bugging" him.

Gee I wonder where he learned that trick from.

*starts dancing to Sexy Boy music*

I hope he does come back, and I hope he goes to ECW. Raw and Smackdown are already overloaded with so many "big stars" that there would be a long line indeed for the inevitable Jobichos. On the other hand, Christ would be a perfect fit for ECW. He's a good worker, a great talker, can play either face or heel effectively, can be either comedic or serious, all that stuff.

I don't know... It can't be safe for him there with Heyman threatening to crucify people. Also he's lost overness since jobbing to the romans.

Guest panthermatt7

I hope he does come back, and I hope he goes to ECW. Raw and Smackdown are already overloaded with so many "big stars" that there would be a long line indeed for the inevitable Jobichos. On the other hand, Christ would be a perfect fit for ECW. He's a good worker, a great talker, can play either face or heel effectively, can be either comedic or serious, all that stuff.

I don't know... It can't be safe for him there with Heyman threatening to crucify people. Also he's lost overness since jobbing to the romans.

Nah, he got his heat back three days later with the Resurrection.

Nah, he got his heat back three days later with the Resurrection.

Unfortunately as most marks have no proof of this this has only boosted his heat with a select few. His lack of promo time lately has caused his fanbase to dwindle into obscurity.

But he can get over with the crowd due to the ridiculous amount of bumping and bleeding he does. I mean, c'mon, haven't you seen The Passion? Dude takes a sicker beating than Mick Foley EVER has, and then no-sells it by just resurrecting himself long before next week's show.

Heh, that's my favoritist typo evah.

WWE.com breaks kayfabe all the time yet on TV they hide everything. They act like we don't read WWE.com, which strikes me as odd. You got a good guy here like Paul London saying he's hanging out with Rene Dupree, who has been a clear Heel his entire WWE career. Ken Kennedy did this 24 hour thing too a while back if my memory serves me right, and he wrote about hanging with the boys too (including Faces), but on-air Kennedy would never "hang" with a cookie cutter Face. Another example is WWE.com reports Brock Lesnar is in talks with Vince, but the WWE doesn't mention it on the air, not even a word from Jim Ross. Or Jerry Jarrett brings Greg Prodius or something to Vince and they hype Prodius up on the website, but no mention of him on the air. I hear and see wrestlers using wrestling words a lot more on the website, like John Cena who said something about "kayfabe" in his five questions and London "no-selling". I don't know if I like what they are doing. Either go totally out and break kayfabe or hold on to kayfabe.

Rant over.

But he can get over with the crowd due to the ridiculous amount of bumping and bleeding he does. I mean, c'mon, haven't you seen The Passion? Dude takes a sicker beating than Mick Foley EVER has, and then no-sells it by just resurrecting himself long before next week's show.

Heh, that's my favoritist typo evah.

Dude if God didn't draw on PPV Jesus won't. I would think he doesn't work cheap.

Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster
WWE had its quarterly report earlier today (May through July). Not a lot of news came out of it. Revenues for the quarter were $93.3 million and profit was $11.3 million. Stock is up today to $17.45 a share as of a few hours ago. It had been at that level a share a couple of months ago and fell to the $15.50 range, so it's really just increased to where it was. They beat Wall Street estimates going in of $7 million profit for the quarter. The profit is a good sign because it was a quarter without a big international tour. The big winner was the Wrestlemania 22 DVD, which is, by far, the best selling in company history. House shows are up, or I should say, were up. May was a big month. June was not and July was fine. They never discussed ratings in the report, but someone did call up and they hope for an increase in Smackdown numbers when CW gets rolling. Judgment Day did 231,000 buys, ECW One Night Stand did 280,000, Vengeance did 313,000 and Great American Bash did 224,000. Keep in mind that 40% of all of those shows came from outside North America. ECW is on track to what they predicted (really, ratings are higher and house shows are basically what they expected). See No Evil did as anticipated. They hope for big numbers from the Mr. McMahon DVD. They mentioned ideas for two major movies to product, but went into no details. Nobody asked about Kurt Angle. We'll have a full report in the Observer with a lot of the details. The gist is, they are a model company because of so many different revenue streams and because of world wide scope of popularity. Overall I'd call the numbers, which were almost identical to the same period last year, as good news.

If the non-US audience really is 40% of the number of buys, then, domestically, JD did 138,600 and Vengeance did 187,800 approximately, and that means the ECW PPV, which was a free special in the UK, outdrew both the WWE PPV's domestically, and by a huge margin.

If the non-US audience really is 40% of the number of buys, then, domestically, JD did 138,600 and Vengeance did 187,800 approximately, and that means the ECW PPV, which was a free special in the UK, outdrew both the WWE PPV's domestically, and by a huge margin.

Also seems to imply that they can't draw for shit on PPV anymore. Does anyone have an idea as to what the breakeven point is for PPV buys? I doubt they are getting to that point, but the profit margins have to be dwindling to extremely low levels.

I was playing Baseball Stars for the old 8-bit NES today and I noticed that there was a player for the Japanese team name Umaga. Thought that was strange is all.

I couldn't not get high day after day knowing I work for Vince McMahon.
Really? I think I'd probably HAVE to get high every day if I worked for Vince McMahon