TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest TysonTomko420

Comments which don't warrant a thread

Honestly, I've been a big supporter of WWF/WWE over my life, even when it was WWF vs WCW vs ECW. I've always had their backs. I've been watching for over 15 years and I just don't know what to say/think about what the WWE is now. Shit's fucked up beyond any saving.

And the scary thing is, it's only going to get worse.

Much, much, much worse. It seems like they really don't care as long as the company turns a profit...and since they've got SO many other investments that draw income it'll be years before the "wrestling" portion loses enough money on its own to merit a change. (This all becomes moot if somebody steps up and competes, because they'd beat the snot out of WWE between the start of the war and the time Vince makes a change)

Go TNA!

haha

or ROH becoming more mainstream.

Chris Jericho as he currently appears.

l_7e17bc14df7257155e16ecbe522373fe.jpg

Be nice to see Jericho back in the ring again. He's had some time off, has a new look.....would be a welcome change to the shit the E is throwing at us lately

Honestly, I've been a big supporter of WWF/WWE over my life, even when it was WWF vs WCW vs ECW. I've always had their backs. I've been watching for over 15 years and I just don't know what to say/think about what the WWE is now. Shit's fucked up beyond any saving.

And the scary thing is, it's only going to get worse.

Much, much, much worse. It seems like they really don't care as long as the company turns a profit...and since they've got SO many other investments that draw income it'll be years before the "wrestling" portion loses enough money on its own to merit a change. (This all becomes moot if somebody steps up and competes, because they'd beat the snot out of WWE between the start of the war and the time Vince makes a change)

One of these days...just one of these days, a McMahon (other than Shane) will wake up and say to him/herself "What the hell are we doing?". Then everything will be right again, until that day happens, we're pretty much stuck with this shit. Maybe hopefully the "we want wrestling" chants got inside Vince's head while he was sitting at ringside and made him think. I doubt it but one can only hope.

Keep checking back. With things like this, some stores get them one week and other stores don't have the same thing up for a week or two or three.

Just a quick addition to this, be sure to check the front of the store. At my WalMart at least, the display is not in the DVD section, it is in front at the check-out section. I would have missed it had I not been walking out of the store the way I had. It is on the same display as another movie, I forget which one, something that just came out. And these things usually don't stay up but for a week, maybe two so if it is in your area get the ones you want quickly, just in case.

Being a retail veteran, that DVD Display is known as a "dump", a quickly assembled display that is used to fill a hole somewhere in the store. So, unless Wal-Mart has a designated spot for that thing to go, it could probably be anywhere in the store.

I went to 3 different Walmarts over the last 3 days and didn't see it. At all three they had similar cardboard displays near the entrance doors for POTC 2 and that new "Bandits" movie with Salma Hayek, but no WWE. I'm tempted to go back and just walk the damn store to be 100% sure. I'd call up there, but I'm sure they wouldn't know what I'm talking about.

Anyone have any extra info? That's a hell of a deal on some of those. Benoit's DVD for 4 bucks? Damn. If I already didn't have it......

Be nice to see Jericho back in the ring again. He's had some time off, has a new look.....would be a welcome change to the shit the E is throwing at us lately

I'd rather not see him wasted, and jobbing to the likes of Khali and Kozlov or something like that. I'd rather remember his high points than how WWE often misused him.

The question we should be asking: How can we force WWE to change? Or better yet, how can we punish WWE for their crappy booking?

I'd rather not see him wasted, and jobbing to the likes of Khali and Kozlov or something like that. I'd rather remember his high points than how WWE often misused him.

The question we should be asking: How can we force WWE to change? Or better yet, how can we punish WWE for their crappy booking?

The only way to do that is to turn away from the product. Stop watching WWE TV, stop going to the shows, stop buying merchandise (except maybe the historical DVD sets). If there's one thing Vince understands, it's losing money.

I hope I never see Jericho in a wwe ring again. He'll never get a fair shake there, especially with HHH and Stephanie running the company in the future. He can't seen to get his footing outside the business though. Fozzy is a gimmick and he's terribly affected in his role as lead singer, he can't seen to get any movie rolls, lost his radio show and picked the wrong reality show and looked terrible in his only episode. He should have waited for Dancing with the Stars.

If he decides that he needs to go back to wrestling, I only hope TNA is thriving and he heads there.

I'm basically done with wrestling as I haven't watched a full show in months and basically only follow the happenings on websites. To fill the void it's MMA for me. Dana White is a smarmy prick, but at least he gives fans what they want.

That's it. I'm going on a complete WWE hiatus after the Rumble. I'm not even going to check news. I'll just give it 6 months and see whats happening. If everyone who's not happy just stayed away from WWE for a while, someone may notice and things may change.

I did have a dream though that Jericho would surprise everyone by returning at the rumble. But i feel the same as above. As great as it would be to see Jericho again, he will be wasted.

Keep checking back. With things like this, some stores get them one week and other stores don't have the same thing up for a week or two or three.

Just a quick addition to this, be sure to check the front of the store. At my WalMart at least, the display is not in the DVD section, it is in front at the check-out section. I would have missed it had I not been walking out of the store the way I had. It is on the same display as another movie, I forget which one, something that just came out. And these things usually don't stay up but for a week, maybe two so if it is in your area get the ones you want quickly, just in case.

Being a retail veteran, that DVD Display is known as a "dump", a quickly assembled display that is used to fill a hole somewhere in the store. So, unless Wal-Mart has a designated spot for that thing to go, it could probably be anywhere in the store.

I went to 3 different Walmarts over the last 3 days and didn't see it. At all three they had similar cardboard displays near the entrance doors for POTC 2 and that new "Bandits" movie with Salma Hayek, but no WWE. I'm tempted to go back and just walk the damn store to be 100% sure. I'd call up there, but I'm sure they wouldn't know what I'm talking about.

Anyone have any extra info? That's a hell of a deal on some of those. Benoit's DVD for 4 bucks? Damn. If I already didn't have it......

Ya. I saw the cardboard cut outs but they were for movies.

With Hunter going down now and missing Wrestlemania, is it correct that Bret Hart still holds the longest consecutive streaks of Manias?

I got Wrestlemania's 2-13 for Bret. With Hunter tied for second with 11 straight frrm Wrestlemania 12-22.

It's amazing 10 years after his last Mania that Bret would still hold the streak.

Longest thread ever was the Word Association Thread. I still don't know why it was closed, it was harmless fun.

Word Association garnered a total of 28,438 replies...compared to the 21,245 for 'Mission to 1000'... this CTDWAT thread is probably 4th on the list. ("The Person Above You" thread in GC also has like 12,000 or so replies.)

Quick Edit: Make that 5th, as "The One And Only Anglesault Thread" currently clocks in at over 13,000 replies, though I believe it was merged with "The Two and Other Anglesault Thread" or some other like-named thread.

So in the first design, they forgot a t in tattooed, and missed an apostrophe in I'm. In the second, they put an apostrophe in tattooed, and left it out of I'm. By the last one, they seem to have at least settled for consistency.

Except for the lude thing. Shouldn't that mean the shirt should end in tattude or something? Or is it just because they think the word 'lewd' wouldn't be read as a rhyme by most fans?

Main Entry: lude

Pronunciation: 'lüd

Function: noun

: a pill of methaqualone

So in the first design, they forgot a t in tattooed, and missed an apostrophe in I'm. In the second, they put an apostrophe in tattooed, and left it out of I'm. By the last one, they seem to have worked it all out nicely.

Except for the lude thing. Shouldn't that mean the shirt should end in tattude or something? Or is it just because they think the word 'lewd' wouldn't be read as a rhyme by most fans?

I think it's hilarious that out of everyone who holds the "wrestling fans are slack-jawed morons" stereotype, those in charge of the world's largest wrestling fed seem to believe it the most.

Holy shit.... RVD is on this old X-Files episode. So is Kathy Griffin.

I'm curious about the context of this.

He played...a wrestler. Really small part in the background, non-essential to the plot of the episode. I don't think he even had any lines, and was on screen for a minute or 2.

So in the first design, they forgot a t in tattooed, and missed an apostrophe in I'm. In the second, they put an apostrophe in tattooed, and left it out of I'm. By the last one, they seem to have at least settled for consistency.

I just think they can't spell. and the "lude" thing you mentioned is just slang for "quaalude", a marketed name of "methaqualone"

I like the 2nd design. I could just tell people the R stood for the inital of my last name..Reynolds.

With Hunter going down now and missing Wrestlemania, is it correct that Bret Hart still holds the longest consecutive streaks of Manias?

I got Wrestlemania's 2-13 for Bret. With Hunter tied for second with 11 straight frrm Wrestlemania 12-22.

It's amazing 10 years after his last Mania that Bret would still hold the streak.

How can you forget the Undertaker?

How can you forget the Undertaker?

and he also missed Wrestlemania 10.