TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest TysonTomko420

Comments which don't warrant a thread

The loss to Holly is not going to hurt Punk in any way. There are those in the company that think he's going to be one of their next big stars... and those who might be against. Hell, this could also be a "test" to see if Punk will be a flake, like so many of the new school of wrestlers when their push gets scaled back... but I highly doubt that.

The feud makes sense because most of the WWE crowd only know Punk as that sXe rookie with a cool submission finisher. Holly has the rep of being a badass midcard guy. It would make sense for him to get at least one victory in this feud if all CM Punk wants to do is prove Holly wrong and beat him with his finisher. It also gets his streak out of the way, before that's all his character becomes.

A fucking competitive loss to Holly on the brand that half of WWE fans watch... won't mean jack shit six months down the line when Punk is on his way to challenging for the ECW title, or if he's on one of the two other brands.

Now watch how the smarks turn their backs on their previous favorites, Anderson and Finlay, for holding back their new favorite, CM Punk.

You realize that posting here also makes you a smark...

No way, I'm sure there are plenty of marks here. All wrestlers probably.

So what is a 'smark' then? You've thrown that term around lately, so tell us what it means.

You talking to me?

No, the other billdynamite whose post I quoted.

there were other people involved in the quote.

Regardless, why would i need your approval on what i say a smark is?

I quoted you directly.

I'm not sure why you're talking about approval. I'm just asking you what a 'smark' is. You've used the term to refer to people or groups of people in a negative manner, so I'm interested in what the word means in the way you're using it.

Since you're so adept at quoting, why don't you quote where I've used it negatively. Because I have never referred to a smark negatively. and if you believe I have, you're mistaken.

Since you're so adept at quoting, why don't you quote where I've used it negatively. Because I have never referred to a smark negatively. and if you believe I have, you're mistaken.

I said how you, referring to the smarks, want/expect him to be booked. I don't watch ECW, all i've seen is when he was 1st out of the Elimination Chamber. I don't care how he's booked, i don't watch it.

So, what is a 'smark'? And why were the people you were refering to 'smarks'?

It's quite obvious billdynamite doesn't know what a smark is, so let's just end the bickering.

If I wanted to, I could probably simply wikipedia the term and copy it from there. What would that prove?

And it comes as no surprise that you would act so elitist. I'm sure you're much more of a smark than i am, your title is intact, don't worry.

It's quite obvious billdynamite doesn't know what a smark is, so let's just end the bickering.

If I wanted to, I could probably simply wikipedia the term and copy it from there. What would that prove?

And it comes as no surprise that you would act so elitist. I'm sure you're much more of a smark than i am, your title is intact, don't worry.

I'm not trying to act elitist, I wasn't insulting you, I just think it would be easier to either say you don't know what it means, or look it up and pretend you knew it all along. There's no point to keep arguing back and forth with people about it. And I'm not a huge smark anyways.

I'm not trying to act elitist, I wasn't insulting you, I just think it would be easier to either say you don't know what it means, or look it up and pretend you knew it all along. There's no point to keep arguing back and forth with people about it. And I'm not a huge smark anyways.

I just thought "who is this guy to demand i explain the meaning of something?" I'm not in school anymore.

I'm not a child, I'm not on here insulting people or being an ass, so i don't appreciate being looked at as an idiot who doesn't know what a smark is. I am a smart mark, that's why i'm here, to discuss the non-kayfabe goings on in the wrestling business. Let me do it, and stop trying to make me look stupid. I assume you look at my post count and assumed i was a "newbie" to wrestling or 12 year old who wants to pretend he knows what he's talking about, but i've been a regular viewer of this site for a long time before i even joined. and i don't pretend to be someone who knows all about wrestling and it's past, because i'm not. But I am a wrestling fan, consider myself a smart fan, and im here to discuss it like everybody else.

Now watch how the smarks turn their backs on their previous favorites, Anderson and Finlay, for holding back their new favorite, CM Punk.

You realize that posting here also makes you a smark...

No way, I'm sure there are plenty of marks here. All wrestlers probably.

Hi

Smackdown's Sylvan Grenier was arrested yesterday afternoon on his way to the Smackdown/ECW tapings in Peoria, Illinois. He was clocked by a cop going 41mph over the speed limit and was arrested. He was going 96mph in a 55 zone. Someone from the company went up to the police station and paid the $200 bond in order to get him to the show. He ended up not being used.

-- WO

From PWInsider.com:

There was another female indie wrestler backstage at this past RAW, and she was going to portray Barbara Walters and interview "Rosie". For whatever reason that didn't take place, but we might see that in the upcoming weeks.

My God. I bet we see that for sure after BW's comments earlier today about Trump and that entire mess.

From PWInsider.com:

There was another female indie wrestler backstage at this past RAW, and she was going to portray Barbara Walters and interview "Rosie". For whatever reason that didn't take place, but we might see that in the upcoming weeks.

My God. I bet we see that for sure after BW's comments earlier today about Trump and that entire mess.

What is really scary is this imaginary feud is going to get more airtime and more match time than anything else going on. So anyone having RAW tickets for the next couple of weeks may want to consider selling them to avoid this mess.

Keep checking back. With things like this, some stores get them one week and other stores don't have the same thing up for a week or two or three.

I find it ironic how WWE has just about ignored the TNA/VKM stuff, yet Rosie and Trump seem to be ignoring the WWE stuff so far. I know that there are rumors of Trump at least showing up on WWE TV, but he didn't mention anything on Conan.

Ah, ok.

Thanks.

Guest Greg Valentine
Keep checking back. With things like this, some stores get them one week and other stores don't have the same thing up for a week or two or three.

Just a quick addition to this, be sure to check the front of the store. At my WalMart at least, the display is not in the DVD section, it is in front at the check-out section. I would have missed it had I not been walking out of the store the way I had. It is on the same display as another movie, I forget which one, something that just came out. And these things usually don't stay up but for a week, maybe two so if it is in your area get the ones you want quickly, just in case.

Just a quick addition to this, be sure to check the front of the store. At my WalMart at least, the display is not in the DVD section, it is in front at the check-out section. I would have missed it had I not been walking out of the store the way I had. It is on the same display as another movie, I forget which one, something that just came out. And these things usually don't stay up but for a week, maybe two so if it is in your area get the ones you want quickly, just in case.

Ya. I looked by where they had all the DVD's and I didn't see it there either.

I might go back tomorrow and check again.

I just watched Kane's "See No Evil" for the first time and really liked it. Better than average horror flick with a cast that wasn't super annoying like most so-called horror flicks in the 90's/00's, some GREAT gore scenes, excellent pacing, and a couple of "Oh Shit!" moments.

From the DVD extras you can tell the director is a big horror fan and deliberately put some great touches on some scenes.

Not a perfect film, but had some really neat parts, again, GREAT pacing once they get to the hotel, Kane was awesome in it (and Kane the wrestler bores me to tears), so good job WWE Films.

Plus the lead cop's name is "Frank Williams".

According to those who were there, Arn Anderson and Finlay both stepped in and made sure that didn’t happen. I was told that Arn had said that Punk isn’t over and that his finisher isn’t over and that he should not be the one to take out Big Show. They went to Vince with this, and of course Vince sided with the big monstrous guy in Lashley. From that point on, Finlay and Arn have not exactly been pulling for Punk so to speak.

What exactly do Arn and Finlay have against CM Punk anyway?

What exactly is a 'smark', in your eyes, and are you one? I'm not trying to start anything, but I've noticed lately the term 'smark' getting thrown around a lot when people want to deride the opinion of others, for whatever reason, without really explaining why they're to be mocked for holding the opinion they do.

Not trying to restart the discussion my orginal post created or anything, but since HTQs quoted here I just wanted to add a little something in a respectful manner.

I'm not using the term 'smark' in a derogatory way whatsoever and if it came across that way I apologize. I was trying to express how volatile some people are in regard to their opinion regarding certain wrestlers, specially those who are close to management/booking or whatever. Take Triple H, for instance. Once a beloved near-deity with the IWC now mostly frowned upon because of his politicking even though he hasn't been hoggin the spotlight as badly for nearly 2 years. I remember an item a while back where tons of people complained because Trips reportedly stated that Punk didn't know how to work. The result? More negative feedback towards him. And don't even get me started regarding Michaels. Now, am I supposed to believe it'll be different with this news on Finlay and Anderson who are also widely admired around here? If I'm mistaken then I'm mistaken, but if I am then it'll clearly show some bias, although there's nothing wrong with that.

Am I a smart mark? Probably yes. I follow internet news on sites like this all the time, but I also enjoy watching the shows and going to them and am not entirely bothered with the political maneuvering of the business itself, so I don't think I'm all that affected with this kind of news. So if I am a smark then it'd make no sense in referring to myself or others in any derogatory way.

Sorry if this caused some heat. Thanks for listening.

What if Kennedy jobs to Batista due to interference from the Undertaker then enters the rumble at #30 after a double elimination, wins by default and chooses to challenge Cena? This would put over Kennedy as a heel i.e doesn't want to face Batista again after loosing to him and winning the rumble by default. He could simply come out at #30, lower the mic from the ceiling, announce himself as the winner and his intention to challenge Cena.

That would require Kennedy to bully someone out of their number, and only Angle is crazy enough to bully someone out of their number.

Plus, with ECW being involved, the chance of a "tiny weakling" entering the Rumble is significantly lower this year.

Kennedy is eating Batista Bomb.

From PWInsider:

HOWARD STERN WATCHES "ROSIE VS. DONALD" AND COMMENTS ON IT AND IT WASN'T PRETTY

by Christian Connor @ 6:42:00 PM on 1/11/2007

Today on The Howard Stern show on Sirius Radio, Howard played some clips from Monday Night Raw's "Historic" Rosie vs. Trump face off. Howard began playing the clip and immediately asked what happened to Vince's voice, JD (part of the show's crew) came in and explained how Vince was in his "Mr. McMahon" character. Howard played more of the clip where Vince meets Rosie in the dressing room, about 20 seconds in Howard stopped the clip and started going off on how boring the clip was and how he couldn't believe people actually watched wrestling. Stern then played another clip hoping it would be more entertaining, playing the clip where Vince was introducing Rosie to the ring and you could hear Jim Ross commentating as Rosie made her entrance. At this time Stern finally stopped the clip for good, again asking how people actually found WWE entertaining. Some of the other studio crew started to make fun of how bad the WWE clips were and then JD went on to mention how the Rosie vs. Trump match was actually booed by the fans at the arena and how they were loudly chanting "we want wrestlers" during the "match".

The entire time Stern spent discussing WWE was about 2 minutes overall. You could almost sense that Howard was expecting funny material from the WWE clips and was very disappointed when he found it wasn't entertaining. I found it very ironic that even the "King of All Media" (who is widely known for his love and use of adolescent humor) was unable to find any kind of entertainment in WWE's current product.

if they can him for that and not for...you know...sucking...then this company truly is retarded!

They have a "Rosie" vs. ""Trump" match as their RAW main event, I think they are beyond retarded by now.

The loss to Holly is not going to hurt Punk in any way. There are those in the company that think he's going to be one of their next big stars... and those who might be against. Hell, this could also be a "test" to see if Punk will be a flake, like so many of the new school of wrestlers when their push gets scaled back... but I highly doubt that.

The feud makes sense because most of the WWE crowd only know Punk as that sXe rookie with a cool submission finisher. Holly has the rep of being a badass midcard guy. It would make sense for him to get at least one victory in this feud if all CM Punk wants to do is prove Holly wrong and beat him with his finisher. It also gets his streak out of the way, before that's all his character becomes.

A fucking competitive loss to Holly on the brand that half of WWE fans watch... won't mean jack shit six months down the line when Punk is on his way to challenging for the ECW title, or if he's on one of the two other brands.

The problem is that that's not how the E "braintrust" is apparently seeing this. Instead, you've got Stephie, Arn, and Finlay claiming that he's not over (despite evidence to the contrary), his finisher isn't any good, and have apparently decided for whatever reason that he's going to be 'put in his place' and jobbed to Holly, a company man. And now, through no fault of his own, Punk is on the outs with some of the more influential members of the company's staff. Basically the opposite of what you (and most other sane people) would think if we were put in the same position. Just another case of the WWE listening to it's fanbase.

Honestly, I've been a big supporter of WWF/WWE over my life, even when it was WWF vs WCW vs ECW. I've always had their backs. I've been watching for over 15 years and I just don't know what to say/think about what the WWE is now. Shit's fucked up beyond any saving.

Honestly, I've been a big supporter of WWF/WWE over my life, even when it was WWF vs WCW vs ECW. I've always had their backs. I've been watching for over 15 years and I just don't know what to say/think about what the WWE is now. Shit's fucked up beyond any saving.

And the scary thing is, it's only going to get worse.

And the scary thing is, it's only going to get worse.

Much, much, much worse. It seems like they really don't care as long as the company turns a profit...and since they've got SO many other investments that draw income it'll be years before the "wrestling" portion loses enough money on its own to merit a change. (This all becomes moot if somebody steps up and competes, because they'd beat the snot out of WWE between the start of the war and the time Vince makes a change)