TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest TysonTomko420

Comments which don't warrant a thread

I think the situation is easy to understand and not as difficult as everyone is making it out to be. Punk is a mark just like most of us. Has been losing more frequently after a big initial push. Let the internet buzz get to him, and asked if he had heat. That's not even saying if the whole tidbit is even true. It could just be some internet bullshit. I don't see anything about not wanting to job or anything else. I just see a guy who was worried about their future with the company.

UT flat out refused to job to Brock Lesnar at Unforgiven 2002. That's where the infamous "I'm not feeling it" quote was born.

Okay, let's assume that happened word for word. I'm not seeing "I'm don't want to job to Brock", I'm seeing "I don't think that's a good idea".

Do you not see the difference in tone between those two phrases? There is a huge difference between outright refusing, and suggesting a counter idea. HOGAN outright refuses. UT doesn't.

If UT didn't want to directly job to Brock, why the hell would he have jobbed to Brock the very next month in a match where he bled BUCKETS in his own gimmick match? One plus one three does not make.

Yes, but he should defend himself and tell it like it is, to there faces. I don't understand why pro-wrestlers put up with so much backstage shit.

He should say "Look, I'm over, the crowds love me, and I can make this company money. If you don't like me, fire me now, because I'm not going to play the backstage politics crap. If you wanna can me so I can go to TNA and win the NWA World Title, fine."

1. Wrestlers put up with so much backstage shit so they can get paid. Money is money and just because your loose to someone or are constenetly loosing shouldn't mean you should stop yourself from getting a good pay check.

2. If Punk went up to anyone said said "Look, I'm over, the crowds love me, and I can make this company money. If you don't like me, fire me now, because I'm not goin to play the backstage politics crap" Punk would be fucked.

WWE wouldn't release him, they would threaten to sue him if he broke his contract in any kind of way, they would either not use him or just bury the hell out of him by making him a bonified jobber and there would be jackshit Punk can do about it.

Fans keep failing to realize that a LOT of wrestlers don't give two shits if they're winning or loosing, the majority of wrestlers are only in the buissness to make money and if your saying "Well it's obvious that Punk is concerned because he asked someone about it.". He asked if the internet rumors are true and that was it. Which might get him heat because we know how the WWE is with wrestlers and the internet.

As far as the whole Undertaker making it so he doesn't have to job and what right does he have with doing that. Taker's been at Vince's side for years. He didn't jump to WCW, he stuck around throughout the years and odds are, always has been respectful and had done what he was told to do. Thats probably why Taker has so much stroke backstage.

I'm not saying these Punk stories are false, but it just screams 'slow news day' when it appears at least every week. Punk has heat at house shows, he has heat at TV tapings, he even has heat outside shows, he has heat in America, heat in Iraq, heat for working the wrong way, heat for acting the wrong way, heat for eating his food the wrong way. We get it.

He's becoming the Britney Spears of wrestling journalism. People will talk at length about the slightest change in the guy's career, so guaranteed someone will find something to report on. Even if it's basically the same thing over and over again.

Not saying it's wrong. It's basic journalism.

Dave Meltzer said on LAW that MITB will feature 8 men this time.

I think this is lazy booking at it's finest and is going to make the match a complete trainwreck.

"Hey we have nothing for all of our upper card guys since we're focus all of our attention on the main event matches of each brand how about we throw them all in a Money in the Bank Match?"...

Edge, Booker T, Punk are in with Orton, Kennedy and Jeff Hardy strongly rumored. That leaves two spots one SD! and probably one more ECW. Benoit, MVP or Finlay will likely be the SD! representative with Holly or Snitsky being the ECW rep.

Where's the OMG!!Workrate!! match this Wrestlemania?

I think this is lazy booking at it's finest and is going to make the match a complete trainwreck.

"Hey we have nothing for all of our upper card guys since we're focus all of our attention on the main event matches of each brand how about we throw them all in a Money in the Bank Match?"...

Edge, Booker T, Punk are in with Orton, Kennedy and Jeff Hardy strongly rumored. That leaves two spots one SD! and probably one more ECW. Benoit, MVP or Finlay will likely be the SD! representative with Holly or Snitsky being the ECW rep.

Chavo vs Helms, maybe?

Chavo vs Helms, maybe?

I'd laugh if they gave Chavo vs. Helms anymore than 5 minutes.

So far what I've read has been pretty serious (I went right to Arquette and Russo first), although they do say that "Luger met his demise at the hands of Sting", making it sound like Sting killed him.

"The World Heavyweight Championship that has recently been carried by such greats as Batista, Chris Benoit and Triple H got its start in WWE back in 2002. But its prestigious lineage can actually be traced back all the way to George Hackenschmidt and 1904"

Yeah, this doesn't add any confusion to the title lineage issue. Basically, "the world title started in 2002 but that doesn't sound very impressive, so whenever needed we'll claim it dates back to 1904" seems to be their stance.

Apparently my childhood memories of Vader being an unstoppable champion that Ron Simmons finally defeated is wrong and Vader was only champion for 3 weeks in 1992. I guess I mixed up him being an unstoppable force all year with his championship reign.

you know what's stupid about that? Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't someone, either HHH or Rock totally trash the WCW lineage going so far as actually name dropping Arquette as one of the title holders?

WCW left the NWA in the late 80's right? To me Ric Flair was the 1st WCW champ and held that forever giving people like Ron Garvin, Sting, Lugar, Windham, Vader token title reigns and forgein superstars a cup of coffee while going on tour in Asia, Europe, Latin America. So Flair is like what the 20 time champion counting dropping the title early during his world tour then picking it back up at the end of said tours.

Yea Lushus, that was HHH, he was cutting a promo on Booker T on Raw to build up their title match at WM19 and Booker mentioned how he was a 5 time WCW champ and HHH just laughed and said "Isn't that the same title that David Arquette and Vince Russo won?"

God, how I hated the build up to that match.

I don't think Russo's name was dropped. Booker always gets stuck with that sort of thing. Remember the Champion of Champions build-up where he talked about being the star of Ready to Rumble (which admittedly made me laugh)?

Yea that was HHH, he was cutting a promo on Booker T on Raw to build up their title match at WM19 and Booker mentioned how he was a 5 time WCW champ and HHH just laughed and said "Isn't that the same title that David Arquette and Vince Russo won?"

God, how I hated the build up to that match.

THAT'S right....everything was stupid about that fued, including the match itself.

You know, it's funny, I rewatched the 02 Rumble the other night and I had to laugh...that HHH and his Pedigree was just a KILLER eh? I mean he nailed RVD with it and I swear dude laid on the mat for the entire two minutes before Booker T came out and just casually eliminated him.

I read somewhere, probably here, that the Vince wants the Crusiers pushed because TNA and WSX are pushing their cruisers AND he wants to try to recapture what WCW had with their CW division backin the day. Also you have to consider that he wants to bring in Luchadors to appeal to the large SD Latino fanbase, and most Lucha's are cruiserweights in the wwe.

I don't know why they took the title off of Helms and put it on Chavo though, unless Mistico is going to be brought in to avenge Mysterio in some way or the other.

well we do know every title reign since Nash beat Goldberg has been a joke so...

Getting to the year 2000, WWE.com just writing what happened without making any subtle shots or sarcastic comments is burial enough. 6 title changes in ONE MONTH (May)? I must have really blocked late WCW out of my head (and barely watching in 2000 helps) as I don't recall much of this.

There's a vid on wwe.com of Punk getting inked in Chicago. He had a swallow put on his arm, though says it's for no good reason other than it's an old school tattoo. There is lots of meanings attached to the swallow tattoo - old time sailors used to get it after logging 5000 nautical miles, and another for 5000 after that. Ex-Con's and other lawless types get it to signify being free as a bird. Another reason if about finding your true love as Swallows mate for life, and finally another one is about always going home because no matter how far swallows travel, they always go back home.

On the WWE.com Wrestlemania page, the image for the MITB has been changed from Edge, Booker, Punk, and 3 silouettes to just Edge, Booker, and Punk. Also, the description doesn't say anything about it just being 6 men, I don't know if it did before.

I really hope they put in Orton (even though I had hoped for Orton vs Edge), Kennedy, Jeff, Finlay, and Holly..but that leaves Jeff and Punk as the only faces. I think Benoit will defend the US title against MVP, so who else could be in the match? Matt Hardy instead of Finlay?

Personally I would have done Edge vs Orton and had Kenny and Nitro in their places for MITB.

In his WWE pay-per-view debut as a part of Team DX, Punk brought down the house in Philadelphia where fans showed their respect for his talents. With reactions all over the world like in Philly, CM Punk’s star-power will only grow stronger within the realms of ECW.