TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest TysonTomko420

Comments which don't warrant a thread

Candice is one of the better female workers within the company and has posed for Playboy in addition to getting heat and still holds a job. Clearly someone at WWE is asleep at the wheel.

A lot of it depends on money: HHH rumours aside, Christy was a pretty high paid performer, and apparently management thought she wasn't worth the money.

The divas (the ones that don't wrestle) aren't that highly paid at all. I remember reading Maria only got like $40,000 a year and Candice 's wage wasn't much higher. Which is why most of the girls are so eager to wrestle, for the pay rise and to increase their value to wwe. If Ashley can't deliver in the ring (and she can't) and isn't over then she's really just another disposable T&A performer and not worth her 6 figure wage and they might as well get in someone who can do what she does for 1/3 of the cost.

That being said about women of the WWE I wonder why it is that most women fail to make a return to WWE like so many men have..I know that the creation of the Divas happened fairly recently yet people like Gail Kim and Hemme haven't made their way back yet...I guess WWE really considers them expendable but I would've liked to see Hemme back someday..I always liked her and thought she had more potential...his sister is way hot too if you haven't noticed her yet...

Guest robrabies

I just watched WM 21 via an Xvid file that I downloaded. Although it's only been two years, it's amazing how much younger both Cena and Orton look then compared to now. I'm taken aback how fast the road ages people (well that and gas).

That being said about women of the WWE I wonder why it is that most women fail to make a return to WWE like so many men have..I know that the creation of the Divas happened fairly recently yet people like Gail Kim and Hemme haven't made their way back yet...I guess WWE really considers them expendable but I would've liked to see Hemme back someday..I always liked her and thought she had more potential...his sister is way hot too if you haven't noticed her yet...

Both Hemme and Gail Kim are working with TNA.

Christy said in her shoot interview she was more than willing to take a paycut and spend some time in OVW to improve and they cut her off anyways.

I'm not really sure what I think of New Jack. I mean, from that interview and the footage of him going mental at that Gypsy Joe wrestler and others he seems like one huge dick, but for some reason I seem to like the guy.

Ya. New Jack can go fuck himself.

Would you tell him to do that, to his face?

Hell fuckin no. Unless I was armed, then i might.

Christy said in her shoot interview she was more than willing to take a paycut and spend some time in OVW to improve and they cut her off anyways.

Hemme just scared them... right after her Mania match with Trish, she immediately was apologizing to Vince and all the agents for how horrible it was. She also seemed to hang around with a lot of the vets to try and learn something from them. She just hung around the wrong guy for too long.

She was an exception to the rule: I think it's generally accepted that there was a lot more to Hemme's release than money issues or creative having nothing for her. I'm sure her high wage was a factor in her release, though. Or at least an excuse used by those in power (i.e Stephanie McMahon) to remove her.

I don't care whether they fired Hemme or not (though I think she at least tried and seemed like she wanted to be working for the company...not just using it as a stepping stone to get to Hollywood or something). It's just the fact that WWE trots out these women, puts them in Playboy, and then they eventually leave or get fired. Then they expect us to care about the next one, like we don't know they're completely disposable.

Guest robrabies

Who was the last guy to cleanly pin Cena? Did Carlito do it when he won the US Title from him in '04?? If so, he's gone longer without being cleanly pinned than anyone since Austin in his megapush.

Umaga pinned Cena. If you remember Matt Striker had that chalkboard in the ring and Umaga threw him throw it before the match started.

Taken from WWE.com, as they're giving just a little bit of background on this Santino dude, at least explaining that he's always had the desire to be a WWE wrestler, hence his somewhat decent performace against Umaga:

An earth-rattling applause erupted inside Milan, Italy’s Datch Forum Monday night after Italian native Santino Marella accomplished the impossible at the country’s first-ever Raw: Marella defeated Umaga for the Intercontinental Championship (with help from ECW World Champion Bobby Lashley), and became the first-ever walk-on competitor to unseat a WWE title holder.

In what can only be described as an underdog story reminiscent of the “Italian Stallion” Rocky Balboa, Marella overcame insurmountable odds in a No Holds Barred Match with one of sports-entertainment’s most savage Superstars. Handpicked from the sold-out Datch Forum crowd to respond to Mr. McMahon’s open challenge, Marella stunned both the WWE Chairman and Umaga with his speed, agility and toughness. However, it was Lashley’s assistance that proved to be the crucial element Marella needed to walk out of the ring with Intercontinental gold strapped around his waist.

Taking full advantage of the No Holds Barred stipulation declared by Mr. McMahon, Lashley subdued the 350-pound Samoan with a steel chair to the skull, followed by a thunderous spear that bulldozed Umaga off his feet. The ECW World Champion then pulled a dazed Marella across the sapped Samoan Bulldozer. As referee Chad Patton slammed his hand down on the canvas for a third time, the arena exploded in a three-minute, ear-shattering ovation. Chants of “Santino” reverberated throughout the Datch Forum as Lashley raised the awestruck newcomer’s arm in the middle of the ring.

After the match, WWE.com caught up with Marella in the locker room area. Still covered head-to-toe in sweat, icing his bruised body and fighting back tears of joy, he was simply astonished at what had just taken place.

“It’s unbelievable,” he said, clutching his title, barely able to muster a syllable without bursting into tears. “I’m speechless.”

Marella may call his victory and the circumstances surrounding it unbelievable; others might label it fate. Though born in Calabria, a city located near the “toes” of Italy’s boot shape, Marella spent most of his adult life thousands of miles away in Canada, returning to Italy a few times each year to visit his father Francesco and other family members residing in Milan. The lure of a career in sports-entertainment had sent him packing for the United States, where he vowed that he’d one day break into the pinnacle of the industry that fascinated him — World Wrestling Entertainment. He never envisioned, however, that his latest trip to his home country would allow him to fulfill a lifelong dream of becoming a WWE Superstar.

On Raw Monday night, Santino Marella not only achieved his personal goal, he rewrote history in the process. His triumphs have proven to his family, his homeland and the world that through the power of desire, a touch of happenstance and, of course, with a little outside help from Bobby Lashley, anything in life is possible.

so who did Jamal piss off to lose the IC belt to a random newbie perceived to be a fan from the crowd, thus making him look weak...basically rendering all that savage wild monster Samoan stuff they've been building up for almost a year almost completely away?

I don't think it made Umaga look weak at all. It took three chairshots and a spear from Lashley to get the job done. And remember the Fed most always lines up big debuts after Mania, and IMO this was a terrific way to introduce a new guy and giving him an instant story. The crowd loved it, so I guess mission accomplished.

so who did Jamal piss off to lose the IC belt to a random newbie perceived to be a fan from the crowd, thus making him look weak...basically rendering all that savage wild monster Samoan stuff they've been building up for almost a year almost completely away?

Yeah, because three stiff chairshots from Lashley, a Lashley spear and a two-man pin makes anybody look weak.

I don't think they needed to point out that, conveniently enough, the "randomly chosen" fan happened to be a trained wrestler who dreamed of a WWE position. Would've been better if they acted like it was his first time ever seeing wrestling live, or something mildly sensible.

Yeah, because three stiff chairshots from Lashley, a Lashley spear and a two-man pin makes anybody look weak.

why is everyone in this WWE folder an asshole?

he's been built up as an unstoppable monster...ever since the Lashley fued started, he's been resorting to the same heel tactics as say Edge, constant outside interference, dirty tactics...he's not the same Umaga the WWE had you believing he was last year.

Guest robrabies
Edge pinned him fair and square to win his first title.

"Fair and Square" isn't clean. He didn't beat him in a straight up match with no advantages. Any Cena fan and/or mark can say "he had to fight five other guys first" and they'd be right. Say what you want but no one is stupid enough to think that a guy who has bladed and went through a 30+ minute match is perceived to be on an even keel with a fresh challenger.

Guest robrabies

why is everyone in this WWE folder an asshole?

he's been built up as an unstoppable monster...ever since the Lashley fued started, he's been resorting to the same heel tactics as say Edge, contants outside interference, dirty tactics...he's not the same Umaga the WWE had you believing he was last year.

I see your point here, but this is in some ways analagous to putting the belt on David Arquette. Marelli may have credentials to the smarkiest of smark due to his OVW work, but to everyone else, he was a random dude who just won the IC title, and was getting offense on a guy who destroyed Ric Flair, Jeff Hardy, and Kane among others.

see...that's what I'm saying. I don't understand the direction they're going with Umaga, but to me, it's the same thing you see with a guy getting depushed. Ultimately, this whole thing is to get Lashley over...where does that leave Umaga?