TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest TysonTomko420

Comments which don't warrant a thread

I can't see Khali holding the title for anything but a hotshot angle. He simply couldn't shoulder the workload needed.

Even in a hotshot angle, if Khali were going to win, he'd need to have a manager who could speak for him for promos sake. Thus, since he doesn't, I think there is a zero chance of him winning.

no. absolutely not. i refuse to buy into khali. him as champion will ruin the E for me.

Though I think he would suck as long term champ, I must say I've heard this before from most (including me) when JBL became champ. He became gold. Now, I'm not saying Khali is JBL, esp. since he can't speak at all, but I seriously doubt people will stop watching WWE or have it "ruined" for them. ANd heck, Khali's reign can't be worse than Rey's.

WWE has come to terms on the release of Rob Conway as of today, May 11. We wish him the best in his future endeavors.

Bob Schrader, a columnist on WWE.com, actually wrote about the absurdities of Mabel becoming Viscera and the possibility that Viscera doesn't remember that he is Mabel and he won KOTR. It actually just gets funnier as you get further in.

Then there’s the case of Viscera, who might be the most fascinating character in the history of WWE, if not human civilization. Hear me out. Viscera used to be known as Mabel. Like many WWE Superstars, he has had his ups and downs. He started as a friendly rapping giant in Men on a Mission. (“We’re Men on a Mission… the Quebecers we be dissin….” – Top THAT, Ludacris.) Then Mabel shocks everyone by winning King of the Ring, loses the rapping and becomes KING Mabel. (With his former tag partner Mo becoming… wait for it… Sir Mo.) Then for a while, nothing happens until…Undertaker while forming his Ministry of Darkness kidnaps and “sacrifices” Mabel. Sacrifices were pretty big back in ‘99 with Undertaker abducting various people, brainwashing them, changing their identities and turning them into his zombified disciples. That’s right, before there was Lost and The Others, there was Undertaker and Mabel.

So Mabel turns into Viscera – the demonic crazy-eyed, latex-wearing minion of Undertaker. The only problem is the Ministry of Darkness disbanded eight years ago and Mabel is STILL Viscera. Everyone else in the Ministry moved on, but NOBODY bothered to fix Viscera. Say what you will, but that’s fascinating. And I haven’t even gotten to the part where Viscera, after not talking for years, decides to become a “500-pound love machine” and starts a bizarre love/hate relationship with Lilian Garcia. The point is, does this man know of his former life? Do his parents still try to contact him? Siblings? What does Sir Mo think of all this? You mean to tell me if you gathered the nation's top psycho-therapists, Mo and Oscar from Men on a Mission, and various members of Mabel’s family, put them in a room for an intervention, set up a bunch of cameras and called it Deprogramming Viscera, America wouldn’t be sucked in? These are the things I think about.

So with that backstory in mind, here’s where things get weird – Viscera arrives to Raw with apparently one purpose – to eat a fat, juicy steak. Seriously, that’s it. He doesn’t have a match. No interview. He presumably flew to State College, Pa., checked out of his hotel, got into his rental car, and came to the arena with one goal in mind – eat dinner. And what happens? Right as he’s about to pour steak sauce over his meal, he lifts the tray to reveal his steak has been STOLEN. Stolen by what turns out to be two petty criminals looking to sell the steak to a worldwide television audience for Mother’s Day, of all things! If Viscera isn’t on the cover when People does their “Most Fascinating People” issue, then something is wrong.

WWE has come to terms on the release of Rob Conway as of today, May 11. We wish him the best in his future endeavors.

Well that just sucks. Rob Conway was great in his new character with the song. The song owned every theme in the WWE.

Too Cold Scorpio released as well.

Not that that's as big of a deal (in my eyes at least)

Scorpio is one of my favorite wrestlers ever but his style has never worked for the WWE style of competition. He needs to head back to Japan where he excels and get out of the states. He was fine in ECW and I would have loved him in TNA awhile back (when they had space and brains), but now Japan just feels like where he belongs.

Nobody thinks Edge has to look strong to be a champion. It makes him way more dangerous, doesn't it? He doesn't need months to prepare...he gets a shot on Monday, cashes in & wins on Tuesday. Big-time match against one of the top guys over the last decade and he beats him on 24 hour's notice? Granted UT had about 20 seconds notice, but still.

It's all about the presentation. Edge isn't presented as someone who got lucky and fluked into three title wins. He's presented as a conniving and opportunistic bastard who will take any advantage to get the big win.

--As was reported in the Newsletter two weeks ago, Stephaanie McMahon-Levesque has been promoted to Executive Vice President of both Talent and Creative Writing. Basically that means she's now above John Laurinaitis in heading the talent signings, firings and talent relations.

Here's the press release:

WWE® Promotes Stephanie McMahon Levesque To Executive Vice President

Friday May 11, 4:49 pm ET

STAMFORD, Conn.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc. today announced the promotion of Stephanie McMahon Levesque to Executive Vice President, Talent and Creative Writing. In her new role, she is responsible for overseeing the creative writing process for all television and pay-per-view programming and manages the talent relations department.

Stephanie began her career with WWE as an Account Executive for the WWE sales office in New York City, while at the same time becoming a television personality on WWE programming. She ultimately moved behind the camera to also write, produce and direct. Her most recent position was Senior Vice President, Creative Writing.

World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc. (NYSE: WWE) is an integrated media and entertainment company headquartered in Stamford, Conn., with offices in New York City, Los Angeles, Toronto and London. Additional information on the company can be found at wwe.com and corporate.wwe.com.

Trademarks: All World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc. programming, talent names, images, likenesses, slogans, wrestling moves, and logos are the exclusive property of World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc. ECW is a trademark of WWE Libraries, Inc. All other trademarks, logos and copyrights are the property of their respective owners.

Forward-Looking Statements: This news release contains forward-looking statements pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of the Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995, which are subject to various risks and uncertainties. These risks and uncertainties include the conditions of the markets for live events, broadcast television, cable television, pay-per-view, Internet, entertainment, professional sports, and licensed merchandise; acceptance of the Company's brands, media and merchandise within those markets; uncertainties relating to litigation; risks associated with producing live events both domestically and internationally; uncertainties associated with international markets; risks relating to maintaining and renewing key agreement, including television distribution agreement; and other risks and factors set forth from time to time in Company filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Actual results could differ materially from those currently expected or anticipated. In addition to these risks and uncertainties, our dividend is based on a number of factors, including our liquidity and historical and projected cash flow, strategic plan, our financial results and condition, contractual and legal restrictions on the payment of dividends and such other factors as our board of directors may consider relevant.

WWE® Promotes John Laurinaitis to Senior Vice President

Friday May 11, 5:02 pm ET

STAMFORD, Conn.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc. today announced the promotion of John Laurinaitis to Senior Vice President, Talent Relations. He reports to Stephanie McMahon Levesque, Executive Vice President, Talent and Creative Writing.

Laurinaitis has served as WWE's Vice President, Talent Relations since June 2004. Prior to that, Laurinaitis was Director of Talent Relations. Prior to joining WWE in 2001, Laurinaitis worked for World Championship Wrestling ("WCW®") in talent relations and operations from June 2000 until WWE's acquisition of certain assets of WCW in March 2001.

World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc. (NYSE: WWE) is an integrated media and entertainment company headquartered in Stamford, Conn., with offices in New York City, Los Angeles, Toronto and London. Additional information on the company can be found at wwe.com and corporate.wwe.com.

Trademarks: All World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc. programming, talent names, images, likenesses, slogans, wrestling moves, and logos are the exclusive property of World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc. ECW is a trademark of WWE Libraries, Inc. WCW is a trademark of WCW, Inc. All other trademarks, logos and copyrights are the property of their respective owners.

Forward-Looking Statements: This news release contains forward-looking statements pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of the Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995, which are subject to various risks and uncertainties. These risks and uncertainties include the conditions of the markets for live events, broadcast television, cable television, pay-per-view, Internet, entertainment, professional sports, and licensed merchandise; acceptance of the Company's brands, media and merchandise within those markets; uncertainties relating to litigation; risks associated with producing live events both domestically and internationally; uncertainties associated with international markets; risks relating to maintaining and renewing key agreement, including television distribution agreement; and other risks and factors set forth from time to time in Company filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Actual results could differ materially from those currently expected or anticipated. In addition to these risks and uncertainties, our dividend is based on a number of factors, including our liquidity and historical and projected cash flow, strategic plan, our financial results and condition, contractual and legal restrictions on the payment of dividends and such other factors as our board of directors may consider relevant.

Oh fuck, were going to get male models now, aren't we?

That's funny till you realize Stephanie has a worse eye for talent than even Laurinitis does............she thinks Dan Rodimier is the future of wrestling.

The Conway thing is kind of funny because I was watching NYR on 24/7 today and Coach referenced the on-air firing of Conway. I wondered what was happening with him, and now I know.

Guest AndrewisyourHero

Quickie post:

I met Charlie Haas and Khali at work today (I work at Toronto Pearson, for CBSA-Immigration). Haas wanted to know if he had enough time to beat traffic before rush hour started. Khali is absolutely, terrifyingly huge in person-even moreso then on TV. However, he was really soft spoken and nice-and, for reference, the guy can speak English really well, in contrast to the gibberish promos he cuts on TV

Quickie post:

I met Charlie Haas and Khali at work today (I work at Toronto Pearson, for CBSA-Immigration). Haas wanted to know if he had enough time to beat traffic before rush hour started. Khali is absolutely, terrifyingly huge in person-even moreso then on TV. However, he was really soft spoken and nice-and, for reference, the guy can speak English really well, in contrast to the gibberish promos he cuts on TV

So why did he have subtitles in The Longest Yard? I wouldn't think they would have him speak unintelligibly if he could actually speak well.

His character called for it. Just because you play a character on film/tv that comes with subtitles doesn't mean you can't speak with clarity in real life.

Guest AndrewisyourHero
That's just a strange traveling duo right there. Factor in Umaga living next door, Haas has quite the life.

Actually, Haas and Khali were on seperate flights, but if the image of the two as road buddies strikes you as funny, run with it.

Factor in that a half hour before Haas came in, Kelly Rowland strolled up with her passport on a promo tour, and it was an interesting day

Quickie post:

So why did he have subtitles in The Longest Yard? I wouldn't think they would have him speak unintelligibly if he could actually speak well.

WWE may have given Khali a teacher to teach him english. I know a few years back when the Longest Yard was being made, he barely spoke any english at all.

Perhaps. I don't think his character calls for the way he talks, though. They could easily have him not talk at all. When he says "Cena," and it sounds like "SGRAHNHAY," that simply does not sound like he is playing a character. It sounds like he can't enunciate consonants and vowels in English.

On that topic, where'd Daivari go?

The last time we saw him was, I believe, when he was getting his ass whipped by Kane leading up to the Kane/Khali WrestleMania match.

I'm glad someone mentioned Dan Rodimer. Having seen his OVW work, I can safely say the guy has zero redeeming value. He can't wrestle for shit, has zero charisma, and they would constantly give him the mic ad nauseum and he has a lousy voice and no mic skills. In fact fans here did a preemptive strike and started trashing him the first moment they handed him the mic, knowing full well he's the sort of well built guy with "the look" and no talent that they will want to push. As far as his look, imagine playing a video game and doing a create-a-wrestler mixing Lesnar and Orton and somehow ending up with the worst attributes of both men.