TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Thoth

Nintendo Power Play Saturdays

Today, EBGames and Gamestops around the country had a Mario Kart DS tournament. I went to my local EB, and found one 8 year old accompanied by his parents as my only challenger. So I came out with this really gaudy, dumb, fake-sounding necklace that says "Nintendo Power play Saturday Champion" on it. I'll post a picture later.

Anyone else go today?

Guest Princess Leena

How could you beat the 8 year old.

A couple years ago, I won this Hot Shots Golf tournament against teenage kids at a Gamecrazy. I beat the crap out of them, and felt like a shmuck. So, I gave them the crappy t-shirts I won. But, then they bothered me more for being nice, so it was all a disaster.

My store didn't promote this whatsoever. We do have several t-shirts, stickers, and the official Nintendo *BLING* necklace. Yes, the damned thing was called an "Official Nintendo Bling Necklace" on the packing list for the box that contained all the promo items. The necklace is a 2+ pound silver crown on a thick sterling silver chain. So, since no tournament took place today, my manager said hes going to give the bling to the associate with the best productivity neck week. Oh joyous day! I wonder what one of those things would sell for on Ebay?

Well I know *I* would personally pay out the wazoo for Official Nintendo Bling.

If you're serious, PM me, and I will totally sell it to you.

How could you beat the 8 year old.

"We do not train to be merciful here. Mercy is for the weak. Here, in the streets, in competition. A man confronts you he is the enemy. An enemy deserves no mercy. What is the problem Mr. Lawrence?" --wise man

So Nintendo is doing the Summer Saturday Series with EB and Gamestop now? Nintendo for the past two years has done the same thing with Gamecrazy but for some reason this year they didn't. Now I know why.

Leena, Hot Shots is tough enough. Its not your fault none of the kids know how to play a golf game. Kick their snot-nosed asses and walk away with the prize and worry no more next time.

"We do not train to be merciful here. Mercy is for the weak. Here, in the streets, in competition. A man confronts you he is the enemy. An enemy deserves no mercy. What is the problem Mr. Lawrence?" --wise man

Oh fuck yeah

Guest Princess Leena
Leena, Hot Shots is tough enough. Its not your fault none of the kids know how to play a golf game. Kick their snot-nosed asses and walk away with the prize and worry no more next time.

It was really bad, too. Since I was one of the best players online at that time, too. Shooting -20 every round, while these kids barely knew what they were doing. It sucked.

Oh fuck yeah

I knew you'd appreciate

Guest NYankees

Oh fuck yeah

I knew you'd appreciate

I loved the Karate Kid quote.

After winning I can only hope he got inches from the child's face and busted a "You can't seeeeee me"

No, but the final match took place on Mario Circuit 1 from SNES, and I shouted, "This one's before your time, kid!" Then I followed with a "Seeya!" as I boosted off the line. I don't normally snake, but I snaked the hell out of him. The best part was his parents saying, "That's not fair! He's going faster than you!"

HAHA. I hope you talked shit to the kid the entire race, yeah bitch, wassup now, uh uh uh, get some, get some, yeah!

No, but I did get a phone call during the match, and I answered it. "Hello? No, sorry can't talk right now, I'm in a tournament. Yeah, right now, as I'm talking to you! No, just one other kid. I'll call you back in a few."

Guest Vitamin X
I'm still shocked Thoth was a big enough bastard to crush an eight year olds spirit.

I'm not. I mean, just look at his avatar! If that doesn't just scream impending doom in sandals, I don't know what does.

The second power play saturday was today. I went; the game was New Super Mario Brothers.

THE SAME KID SHOWED UP.

After I won, the mother said to her kid, "You did a good job." I laughed just loud enough for people to hear if they were paying attention. I mean, fuck, it wasn't even close. 10 stars to 0 each time. He wasn't even being aggressive. That's not a good job. That's a fucking terrible job. He should be ashamed of the way he played.

I didn't take the chain this time, I took the T-Shirt.

The second power play saturday was today. I went; the game was New Super Mario Brothers.

THE SAME KID SHOWED UP.

After I won, the mother said to her kid, "You did a good job." I laughed just loud enough for people to hear if they were paying attention. I mean, fuck, it wasn't even close. 10 stars to 0 each time. He wasn't even being aggressive. That's not a good job. That's a fucking terrible job. He should be ashamed of the way he played.

I didn't take the chain this time, I took the T-Shirt.

Alright, I was with you the first time, now you're just being a dick :asshole2: