TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ragingfear79

Wii

Really? I know the shield does but I couldn't see the sword. It was just a little too precise..

I don't think it's 100% precise in its tracking. Any close to horizontal movement will make a perfectly horizontal slash, any close to vertical movement will make a perfectly vertical slash, etc.

Remember how some dude on Joystiq a while back said that Twilight Princess sucked because the colors were too brown and you couldn't read signs from far away? Oh man, Joystiq.

If anyone says that a game is bad for that, they should stop playing video games and go work for the DMV or something.

So if anyone in the UK is wondering why they can't get hold of Mario Party 8, I found at work today it was recalled due to a Train Conductor calling you a 'Super Spastic' if you did poorly on one of the games. I couldn't help but piss myself with laughter after being told, I thought they guys were winding me up, but apprantly they were serious.

So if anyone in the UK is wondering why they can't get hold of Mario Party 8, I found at work today it was recalled due to a Train Conductor calling you a 'Super Spastic' if you did poorly on one of the games. I couldn't help but piss myself with laughter after being told, I thought they guys were winding me up, but apprantly they were serious.

yup tis true

In a press release, Nintendo gave the reason for the withdrawal as an assembly error, but some retailers were reporting that it was reportedly withdrawn from game shelves because some copies of the game includes the word "spastic", which is considered an offensive word in the UK. Copies without the word spastic used the word erratic instead.

The release of the game in the United Kingdom has been temporarily suspended until further notice. Nintendo Europe have said "We will re-launch Mario Party 8 in the UK as soon as possible and will announce a new launch date shortly

No, you're wrong. The "spastic" word is indeed in there but you got the context wrong.

The screenshot with the actual quote here:

http://www.destructoid.com/mario-in-disabi...er--35211.phtml

It's Ubisoft's Mind Quiz that calls you spastic:

http://www.eurogamer.net/article_discussio...rticle_id=78720

Well, isn't that special?

Ah got my wires mixed up on that one, but I still couldn't believe it. Nintendo of all people, was a good chuckle for a day.

NAns use it mainly for inanimate objects or just a way of saying something is spasming, hence why we don't find it offensive. Although I've heard many a kid use "spaz" as an insult without apparently understanding what it was derived from. I've never heard it used in TV or movies, though, let alone used by an adult.

Bully's also coming to 360. It was a sleeper hit on PS2 after price drops, but right now they're hesitant to make a full-blown sequel, so they're porting to other systems with bonus content.

They could also be trying to tick Jack Thompson off, since there's nothing he can do to Take Two directly.

Rockstar is bringing Bully and Table Tennis to Nintendo..

Table Tennis makes sense..bully..uh..yeah..

Well, they could do like with the Godfather game, have the punching be controlled by the Wiimote and Nunchuk...as well as the aiming.

But it is a bit late to put it on a new console, yeah.

Table tennis looks really cool, but I wouldn't pay more than $30 for that game.

It's fucking ping pong.

My friend wa lucky enough to get hold of a copy of Mario Party 8 over here, I actually enjoyed but I have enjoyed about 80% of the series. It's good multiplayer fun.

As for Table Tennis and Canis Canim Edit, I'd pick up TT if it was cheap as I liked the 360 version, if only for a little while. As for CCE, i'll leave it as I'm not a fan of those types of games. It just looked like GTA but in a school.

I just recently bought RE4 for the Wii, and just like Twilight Princess for the Wii totally changed the way I look at games like that, to the point where I will find it hard to ever play a Zelda type game without the Wii controls, the Wii has changed the way I look at games like RE4. I much prefer the controls, and I doubt I'll ever want to go back.

I have a feeling that over the life of the Wii, or even just through the rest of this year, I'm going to start feeling that way about more and more games.

I was thinking the same thing about RE5 and how I'll have to go back to using an inferior controller to play it because it won't be coming to the Wii. Shooting games are just much, much better with the wiimote, compared to a standard gamepad. The problem is that the platform won't get the big time shooters because the hardware is so underpowered. Although I should say that if PS3 developers get around to adding mouse/keyboard support to their games, it will become the more attractive destination for shooting games. But it's hard to know whether they'll actually do it or not.

Let's just face it. Shooting games are infinitely better on the wii. It was the first thing I thought when they announced the Wii-mote. Now, they're still pretty fun, but once the wii zapper comes out, you might as well just lock yourself in your room because you'll never come out.

Guest Smues

Shining Force is worth it if you don't have it already on another collection. I'm hopeful we'll get Shining Force 2 sometime, as it's even better.

I'm pretty sure I don't have it on a compilation so I'll look into it.

Also, having decided to go 'old school' and purchase Zelda 1 and 3 last week (screw you, Link's Adventure!), I find myself totally lost on the Hyrule overworld. It's funny to think we used to play games that gave you absolutely no indication of where to go and made due because the game came with a map. I only found the 1st dungeon because I had a vague memory of having to walk north along a body of water to a bridge. Great fun, though.

Zelda III, on the other hand, is full of exposition telling you what to do and has a map with flashing markers. I suppose you could say it reduces challenge but it is a great refinement on the first Zelda and guarantees that game's placement in history as one of the best ever.

I tried to connect to the Wii Shop Channel just now to buy Kirby's Dream Course, but I got the message "Error Code: 05130 - Unable to Connect to the Server".

Nintendo's support website isn't loading properly, but I've read that this code just means that the server is too busy to handle my request. Is that the case?

So what's the deal with Rock Band? Is this game coming out for Wii or are Harmonix just completely retarded?

I mean, I can think of the following points off the top of my head:

-by the time the game comes out the install base will probably have passed that of the 360

-since the Wii-mote handles the wireless, the peripherals would actually cost much less to manufacture (though needing a Wii-mote per instrument would end up costing the consumer more)

-If this game really is going to be a system seller for people who don't even own consoles like people are speculating you'd think they'd want to get it out on the cheapest one. $800+ for it and a PS3 isn't exactly appealing.

-It doesn't need to be a technical powerhouse at all in terms of graphics/control.

-It's the fucking Wii! This is EXACTLY the type of game people want with this system!

So did they just get caught off gaurd and severly underestimate the popularity of the Wii (like some other developers) and we'll see a Wii version coming out next year, or did they get cash thrown at them by Sony and Microsoft for exclusives, or is it a big conspiracy by Nintendo to hold the game down so they can sell more of the eventual Wii Music?