TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
bob_barron

The Office, Season 3

This might have been the worst episode of the Office ever. I maybe had 2 laugh out loud moments and I usually have atleast 8 an episode.

I didn't like where they added in that PMSing comment. It would have worked better if they just let Dwight have a tender, serious moment for a change.

The PMS moment is why I liked that segment.

We got the "Who did this to you? Where is he?" moment with Dwight where we're reminded that he does care about people...

But we also got the PMS moment where we're reminded that Dwight just doesn't get it.

I thought the show last night was hilarious. My one complaint is that it's hard to buy this whole Jan and Michael relationship. There's been basically no explanation why Jan would be remotely attracted to Michael, unless I missed something completely.

I thought the PMSing comment was amusing.

I think that the explanation for Jan being into Michael was all contained in her talking about her therapist. She seems to be in a weird place and is not completely with it, so she is turning to Michael ("settling" as she called it).

I thought the opening was funny and then turned great with Andy's "Now I'm cutting off Phylis's head with a chainsaw" bit. Then him making chainsaw noises.

I still liked the episode overall, but it was clearly not as good as others. Hey, they're allowed a Mulligan everyonce in a while.

Two questions though:

1) Why did Dwight tie his coat around his waist? Was I missing something there?

2) What was up with Darrell and the Ipod? He walked in with it, said something I didn't quite catch and then it wasn't mentioned again.

Honestly I didn't understand the coat thing either, but his reactions towards Pam are probably how I will start acting whenever I see a friend crying, from now on.

Maybe not the PMS thing though.

I thought this episode was hilarious. Worst episode ever? Of course not, the Dwight-Pam scene was amazing

What was worst than this one?

A lot of episodes? The Pilot, Dwight's Speech and the episode where Packer messes with Michael's office are episodes I didn't like.

I thought this was a very funny, well crafted episode. Jam drama, a great Dwight scene and Michael being an ass.

It had Daryl. Eating a chicken wing. In his office. Which is just as big as Michaels. And he tells Mike that he's busy when he's not.

Go away Mole. This wasn't a hate-worthy episode and you know it.

It had Daryl. Eating a chicken wing. In his office. Which is just as big as Michaels. And he tells Mike that he's busy when he's not.

Go away Mole. This wasn't a hate-worthy episode and you know it.

No. I didn't like it.

God forbid I hate an episode.

New Girl from Season One is probably the worst Office episode I've ever seen, FWIW. I didn't really care for Halloween in Season Two as well. Except it was Creeds breakout episode so I can't totally hate.

I like the "Hot Girl" from Michaels obession with the hot girl. The whole day is all about her, then in the end, he doesn't even get to give her a ride home. It cracks me up.

The reason I didn't like this episode is because it didn't have any LOL moments like all of them do.

The pilot was my least favorite. It was almost a word for word copy of the first BBC episode and didn't fit as well

Well the Pilot was written by Ricky and Stephen. I think they did that on purpose.

But I like the American one better.

The pilot has its moments, but it's horribly paced and every scene is dragged out.

Dwight consoling Pam, sex...I had sex with Jan, Darryl, and the cold opening- all LOL moments

This wasn't a great episode, but I think that it was definitely a good one.

Parts I Liked:

- Dwight's consoling of Pam was great. He was caring, yet clueless enough for it to be completely in character.

- Darryl. Curry like's Creed (Who always has the best deleted scenes of all), and I like Darryl and the warehouse staff. Them unfolding the huge poster and Darryl's indifference to Michael was great revenge for the whole "Boys and Girls" incident in the Second Season. Dinkin' Flicka!

- "Michael, I got it from my ex-wife. I don't even talk to her."

- The development between Jim, Pam, and Karen. Seeing everything flip-flop in their relationship is interesting, and frankly Karen is probably a bigger hinderance than Roy was because Karen is a heckuva lot more likeable than Roy was and much more compatible to Jim. But that's just what I see.

-Opening scene, as per usual. Not at the level of "Future Dwight", but then again, I don't think any other bit could really top that.

Parts I Didn't Like:

- In all honesty, I just didn't buy Jane's attraction to Michael as it was explained. Not even being angry at all for the email and stuff? I mean, I don't mind Jan liking Michael, but seriously, letting him go without even trying to make him grow up a little and be slightly responsible for his actions.

Overall, I'd rate the episode somewhere between a 7.9 and an 8.1. It's not the best, but it's a good solid episode any way you look at it.

Edited by Mole ©

Dwight consoling Pam, sex...I had sex with Jan, Darryl, and the cold opening- all LOL moments

The only time I LOLed was Dwight consoling Pam. That's it.

Once again, I didn't like the episode. It just wasn't funny. I'd say 1 episode out of 41 I didn't like is pretty good. Every show is due for a bad one and this is it for me.

Well, you can't like every episode. And this episode, outside of a few scenes, had a bit more of a serious feel to all of it. I actually thought something might possibly happen to Michael for doing what was easily the most dangerous and stupid thing he's probably ever done. Along with the Karen-Jim-Pam thing being a focal point, it really different from episodes like "The Convict" and "A Benihana Christmas".