TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
bob_barron

The Office, Season 3

You know, by the end of the season, I now think that Dwight's going to be rehired and Andy is going to be working for Staples, making occasional guest appearances.

Thoughts so far:

- Wow. Dwight was actually pretty clever there. Both him and Michael actually look pretty competent in this episode (Michael would have made that sale if not for Andy).

- Jim slapping Dwight like that was great.

- Andy is a bigger asshole than I originally thought.

I think they were showing that despite their differences Dwight and Jim make a good sales team.

Guest cronaldo

Oompa, loompa, doompity dawesome, dwight is now gone which is totally awesome. Why is he gone, he was such a nice guy.. no he was not, he was a total douche.. dommpity doomp..

My favorite part was Jim and Dwight in the office of the guy selling the product, especially when Dwight gives the guy his business card.

Can't believe Dwight quit...now I seem to hate Andy. The hug at the end was good stuff.

If we manage to make it through next week without a Dwight sighting or mention I'll be surprised. I can't really take what happened in the episode seriously because everybody knows it's not gonna last. That doesn't take away from the funny but it's almost like a "Boy Who Cried Wolf" scenario because when the time comes for the show to do something legit serious nobody's going to believe that it'll last.

Next week's episode:

"The Return"

THE OFFICE CELEBRATES OSCAR’S RETURN TO DUNDER MIFFLIN — Oscar returns from his long vacation with mixed emotions on whether or not he still wants to be a part of the office. Meanwhile, Andy takes advantage of recent events to get closer to Michael. Jim turns to Karen and Pam for help to stage a prank on a new target.

The week of the 25th is a rerun, and then February 1st brings us

"Ben Franklin"

A WEDDING SHOWER FOR PHYLLIS — Acting on bad advice from his friend Todd Packer, Michael brings two “adult” performers into the office — a stripper and Ben Franklin — in honor of Phyllis’s wedding shower. Meanwhile Karen confronts Pam about her past with Jim.

I figured Jim's half-truth to Karen about having a "crush" on Pam would come back to bite him in the ass. It'll be interesting to see how Pam plays out that situation. I mean, she obviously tried to break up Karen and Jim with the whole moving-in dealy so now that she's getting straight-up confronted on the issue of Jim's feelings it shall be fun to see how she takes it.

Guest Flyboy
Seriously, Stanley is one of my favorite characters on this show. He almost always cracks me up.

Him and Creed are so underrated.

Guest Shylock
I figured Jim's half-truth to Karen about having a "crush" on Pam would come back to bite him in the ass. It'll be interesting to see how Pam plays out that situation. I mean, she obviously tried to break up Karen and Jim with the whole moving-in dealy so now that she's getting straight-up confronted on the issue of Jim's feelings it shall be fun to see how she takes it.
Um.. How'd she try to break up their relationship when she's the one that told Jim to give the girl a break?

Guest "Go, Mordecai!"

Yeah, I don't get that.

What I did like was how Ryan, who is supposed to be hot shit and way too good for Dunder-Mifflin, is actually the most incompetent salesman there.

I took Pam's plan as her thinking that once Jim and Karen get really close he'll realize it's happening too fast and break up with her. Why would Pam be crying over a plan she wanted to happen unless she realized that it's backfired?

I don't think she was crying over a plan backfiring. I think she was crying because she has feelings for Jim and realized that Jim and Karen were getting closer. It doesn't seem to me that planning against anyone other than jokes on Dwight is in Pam's character. (not the Pam that I heart at least!)

Pam was just trying to help Karen and Jim along, whilst proving to herself, I think, that she was fine with their relationship. She now realises she isn't.

Exactly. It isn't that hard to follow folks.

Toby's dorky laugh, followed by his "better not" delivered like he was a 14 year-old boy asking out a girl for the 1st time, was great.

I also dug Dwight's "don't want to chance it" when closing the elevator doors on Phyllis.

After not following the first two seasons, I bought them both on DVD last month and loved them. I've downloaded all the episodes of Season 3 so far, and I have about 3 left to watch. I love the show and I was just wondering..do most of you enjoy the lesser characters more than the main 4 or 5? For me, I enjoy Michael/Dwight/Jim/Pam a lot, but my favorite characters have to be Kevin and Angela, with Stanley and Phyllis close behind. The only character I don't really like is Toby.

I think that a lot of the characters were writen with the specific actors in mind to fit their personalities. I like all of the sub-characters, especially Creed.