TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
bob_barron

The Office, Season 3

Hmm. I would much rather stay on the show that's guaranteed for another season than take a gamble with a new show, especially on Fox.

It's not like her future on the Office was guaranteed anyways. She's just a temporary obstacle for Jim and Pam to plow through. She, along with David Denman, will be gone after this season.

Get ready for the "Newpeat"

Remember when NBC had a slogan for their repeats, "If you've never seen it, it's new to you!" I thought it was actually pretty much true, if a sneaky way to sell reruns.

Now they're going one step further. Next week the network is going to show two repeats of The Office. But instead of just airing them as they aired before, they're going to be recut into an hour-long episode, mixed up a little bit and with deleted scenes added to put in a whole new subplot that you didn't see in the first airings of the episodes. They're dubbing them "Newpeats."

Gotta say, that's a hell of an intriguing idea.

Edited by KingPK

Meh, I'll likely skip it. I don't watch reruns, even if they've gimmicked them up

It's not just "gimmicked up". They are adding deleted scenes that were actually vital to the storylines. Greg Daniels said in an interview that he and the other guys in charge of the show consider all deleted scenes "canon". This is a way for them to show it to people who's either not sure why Jim and Pam are a big deal (because let's face it, they've assassinated the characters a bit this season) or are not clear on some things. So things like Karen attempting to take down the art show flyer and so forth will be included in this go around (well Business School isn't being re-run, but that's just an example of what they'll do).

I would die if the Jim/Roy confrontation went like this:

Roy- Halpart! I'm gonna kick your ass!

Jim- *looks and shrugs at camera*

I would die if the Jim/Roy confrontation went like this:

Roy- Halpart! I'm gonna kick your ass!

Jim- *looks and shrugs at camera*

Those Toby bumpers for the Office marathon tonight were pretty good. Asking Kelly what it was like to slap Michael after "Diversity Day", remembering when Michael asked him why he signed with a "Homo" (HMO), Michael "inventing" a safer Foreman Grill by putting it in a cage. Very nice.