TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
bob_barron

The Office, Season 3

rashida-jones-lollipop-03.jpg rashida-jones-lollipop-04.jpg

Awesome episode and even better that Joss Whedon directed it.

Which is why there was so much stuff about vampires.

From Jenna's MySpace blog:

The next episode of The Office is amazing. This is the one directed by Joss Whedon. I loved having Joss around on set. He is a huge fan of the show and knew every little detail and nuance about our characters. As a result, he was very focused on how to direct us to get the very best performances. I remember one day I was doing background work for a couple of hours and out the blue he came up to me and said, "Jenna, I love the reaction you are doing back here. It's perfectly Pam!" He was watching our background performances…so awesome.

In this episode: Michael visits Ryan's business school class, Pam has her first art show, Dwight finds a bat in the office ceiling and Jim pretends that he is turning into a vampire. The episode was written by the terrifically talented Brent Forrester. (He also wrote The Merger.)

When we did our first read through with Joss we were joking that no one will believe it was a coincidence that a vampire bat showed up in the episode he directed. But, I promise you…it is a total coincidence.

Oh, and the bat we had on set was SUPER CUTE! We named him Gary. As in Michael Gary Scott.

I guess they'll just mention where he was when he comes back. Not that big of a deal at the end of the day.

Edit: Plus, they probably wrote and produced these episodes thinking that the deleted scene was going to be in that episode to explain it.

So, checking out the preview for this week's episode, and it looks like we could see some major happenings going down:

Michael and Jan attend a party at a Dunder Mifflin bigwig's home, where they finally go public with their heretofore hushed romance. While at the party, Jim meets Karen's ex. And the rest of the office dwellers are also in a partying mood, as they head out for a boozy happy hour.

Concerning the deleted scenes:

How do they shed light on why Jim wasn't at Pam's art show?

I had figured he knew about it, but didn't go because it would just cause him unneeded problems with Karen.

If he didn't know, then why would Pam tell Kelly about the show but not Jim?

All the deleted scenes shed light on is that Karen still not comfortable about Pam and Jim's past history. All we saw was that Karen almost took the flyer down, but didn't. If Jim didn't go because Karen hid the news from him, that would mean Pam didn't tell him which (as I mentioned) dosen't make sense.

Am I missing something?

Concerning the deleted scenes:

How do they shed light on why Jim wasn't at Pam's art show?

I had figured he knew about it, but didn't go because it would just cause him unneeded problems with Karen.

If he didn't know, then why would Pam tell Kelly about the show but not Jim?

All the deleted scenes shed light on is that Karen still not comfortable about Pam and Jim's past history. All we saw was that Karen almost took the flyer down, but didn't. If Jim didn't go because Karen hid the news from him, that would mean Pam didn't tell him which (as I mentioned) dosen't make sense.

Am I missing something?

I just interpreted that as Karen being so uncomfortable with Jim/Pam that she wouldn't let him go. I might have read too much into it.

The spoiler scenes that are out there for this weeks episode are pretty good. I'm looking forward to it.

"Old Pammy is getting what she wants...and don't call me "Pammy""

Wow...how many comedy shows have a moment a real drama like Roy's outburst...wow.

For all you Jenna Fischer fanboys, here's an still from the movie "Blades of Glory"

normal_001.jpg

In most comedies, hearing a guy say "I'm gonna kill so-and-so" is a joke.

Here? Jim might want to lay low at Dunder Mifflin for a while.

I can't find a listing of the next episode.

This episode was pretty good. The Michael/Jan Relationship just keeps getting weirder and weirder, Dwight had some golden moments (Him in the rocking chair was great), and the bar stuff was pretty good. Creed gets another moment in the sun, Toby continues his quiet quest for Pam, and Roy is going to tear through Halpert next episode.

Dwight was great the party.

"That's feces"

"Oh good you're awake"

And of course the car scene at the end.

Roy's heel turn was some crazy TV. Great episode. Of, and of course Creed gets a good laugh out of one joke (his side business).

I can't find a listing of the next episode.

This episode was pretty good. The Michael/Jan Relationship just keeps getting weirder and weirder, Dwight had some golden moments (Him in the rocking chair was great), and the bar stuff was pretty good. Creed gets another moment in the sun, Toby continues his quiet quest for Pam, and Roy is going to tear through Halpert next episode.

There's a hiatus between this episode and the next new episode (slated for like late March airing).

I'm a bit disappointed that we didn't get to see the personal hell that Ryan is now living through near Kelly but overall it was a very solid episode with some serious LOL moments.

- Dwight popping up from the backseat and in the rocking chair

- CREED MOTHERFUCKING BRATTON.

- 40 Year Old Virgin gets a shout-out with the magic camp reference

- Roy's freak-out, capped off by Kenny smashing the barstool

- Toby being reminded that he has a daughter

I can't be the only one thinking that the CFO was going to offer Jim Michael's job when they were out shooting hoops.