TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Conspiracy_Victim

PlayStation 3

1080i sucks for movies. Actually, 1080i sucks for everything except still pictures. Given the choice, I'd take 720p over 1080i any day of the week. 1080p is obviously the best, because it's a higher resoultion than 720p AND not interlaced, and thus won't have the problems that 1080i has. 1920x1080 vs. 1280x720 vs. 1920x540.

There's a long road ahead, so who knows what will happen, but a week ago I was fairly convinced Sony would easily lead the market again. But now after the MGS4/VF5 news, I'm not so sure. If that sort of thing becomes a trend, I can see a dead-heat this time around.

Much like Nintendo treats Americans like red-headed stepchildren most of the time, Tekken 5 HD has hit the Japan PS store and is available for download now.

Just in case anyone here has a Japanese PS3, you know.

You can set up a foreign account to get it now on a US PS3. I am not going to bother though. I have it on PSP so I'll wait for US release.

No practice mode is lame.

1080i sucks for movies. Actually, 1080i sucks for everything except still pictures. Given the choice, I'd take 720p over 1080i any day of the week. 1080p is obviously the best, because it's a higher resoultion than 720p AND not interlaced, and thus won't have the problems that 1080i has. 1920x1080 vs. 1280x720 vs. 1920x540.

Well it all depends on what kind of TV you have. Mine is native 1080i, so 1080i looks better. Simple as that.

Gamespot as a DR review out for the HK edition.

Obviously they give a very basic review, almost as much time devoted to costumes, bowling mode omissions, and so on. But they did mention that the graphics are the same as the arcades, just in 1080p, if you have that.

They also mentioned occasional if rare slowdown.

From what I hear, this is an occasional problem on the PS3, which is has the same RAM as the Xbox360, but a much much more ponderous/resource heavy OS.

Honestly, I fear that if gamespot noticed slowdown enough for them to mention it, anyone who actually cares about timing would be totally frustrated by this.

*cough*

I know a couple good players that have been playing it and they say the slowdown only happens when there's big characters throwing and that it does not effect gameplay.

Does the slowdown only happen in 1080p? 1920x1080 is a ridiculous resolution, and even the highest of the high end computers would have a tough time running new games in that resolution with maxed out graphics settings. I'd be more surprised if the system could run games at that resolution with no problems at all.

I'm not sure. People are arguing about that but I haven't seen a definitive answer.

Even as someone who would gleefully point and laugh at Sony if the PS3 tanked, I'm getting a little tired of all of the "PS3s are out everywhere and no one's buying!" message board posts/blog posts/gaming site posts.

Hopefully the slowdown makes Kuma worse. That guy's been broken in every Tekken.

Stop hating Eric or I won't let you play. :(

It's great to see the PS3 scalpers LOSING money now.

It's amazing that I had to wait 9 months to get a PS2 while looking for it on a weekly basis and now you've got people selling PS3's bundled with decent games at a loss.

Yeah, I am a big idiot for trying to sell one. I am happy with it though, it makes for a cheap BR player. Which means it will probably break on me, just like the PS2 did for people who used it just for a DVD player.

Did I say I was okay with this?

I can't return it or sell it to make my money back. Plus, I don't want to spend $1000 on a BR player.

I just made a mistake buying it. Since I must be the only person ever to make mistakes...

I played T5:DR for PS3 at a tourney this weekend; seemed fine to me. Didn't notice any slowdown, even against Kuma.

Blah, guess I have to get one now.

Yeah, guy drove from Rhode Island to Jersey to play Kuma. True dedication to the bear.

Fight the machine sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif

It is a losing battle. :(

I saw the 360 HD-DVD drive listed for $199, so wouldn't that make up the 360 (complete package) cost just as much as the PS3? Originally I though the HD-DVD drive was only supposed to be $100, but ads have it listed at $199.....?