Sign in to follow this  
UZI Suicide

McDonalds selling breakfast all day?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14924690/

McDonald’s considers selling breakfast all day

Planned changes to restaurants would allow menu that aided turnaround

Reuters

Updated: 2:05 p.m. ET Sept 20, 2006

LOS ANGELES - McDonald’s Corp. may soon offer its breakfast menu all day long as a new restaurant layout will make it easier to prepare a wide variety of foods at once, its chief executive said Wednesday.

Speaking at the Bank of America 36th Annual Investment Conference in San Francisco, McDonald’s CEO Jim Skinner said the company was implementing a new restaurant operating system that would finally make selling breakfast all day possible.

“It’s not compatible with our current operating system,” Skinner said about offering its breakfast menu all day. “But with this system, that could be possible.”

The so-called flexible operating platform will make McDonald’s food preparation processes more transparent to customers and “offer more variety with greater ease,” Skinner said.

Breakfast sales have been a key part of McDonald’s three-year turnaround thanks in part to products like McGriddles sandwiches and a new, stronger coffee blend. But the restaurants stop serving breakfast late in the morning to switch over to burgers and other items for lunch and dinner.

The breakfast period has been the “strongest performer” among McDonald’s three major meal segments in the last two to three years and remains “extremely strong,” Chief Financial Officer Matthew Paull said during the presentation.

Copyright 2006 Reuters Limited. All rights reserved. Republication or redistribution of Reuters content is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent of Reuters.

URL: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14924690/

Guest Vitamin X

Would be great. Even better? To fucking sell the entire menu late at night at the 24 hour ones.

What the fuck is the point of being open and displaying the whole menu if you can only order 6 things from it? Fucking assholes. Take my business to Taco Bell or Denny's. Or better yet, the 24 hour subway around the corner in a gas station with the cheap imported beer and spicy pork rinds. God I'll miss that when I move away from here.

Is it true they've never had McPizza in the US?

I saw it once in like 1992 in Lake Tahoe, Nevada...Needless to say I didn't try it I got the Michael Jordan Happy Instead

I saw it once in like 1992 in Lake Tahoe, Nevada...Needless to say I didn't try it I got the Michael Jordan Happy Instead

I was a big fan of McPizza back in the day.

Guest nWoCHRISnWo

I was a big fan of McPizza back in the day.

McPizza was the greatest thing ever.

Burger King overall has better breakfast, but their biscuits are a bit dry sometimes. I've never had this problem at McD's.

I don't really remember how good McPizza was but I remember being upset when they got rid of it.

I want the McRib as a permanent menu item

good lord yes!

I'd probably go there every day for lunch if that were so...

Guest NYankees

I don't really remember how good McPizza was but I remember being upset when they got rid of it.

I want the McRib as a permanent menu item

good lord yes!

I'd probably go there every day for lunch if that were so...

The McRib was vastly underrated. I haven't had one since 1997 for some special promotion for Jurrasic Park 2.