TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Craig Th

Heroes

Hayden Panettiere has been involved in a violent confrontation with Japanese fishermen as she tried to disrupt their annual dolphin slaughter.

OSAKA, Japan (November 1, 2007) — Hayden Panettiere doesn’t have much to worry about as an indestructible cheerleader on NBC’s “Heroes.”

But during a recent trip to Japan, the 18-year-old actress put her life on the line trying to prevent fisherman from slaughtering a group of dolphins.

In a dramatic display, Hayden and five others paddled out on surfboards into the ocean on a pre-dawn mission to disrupt the local fishermen’s efforts to catch and kill the dolphins.

However, as the group made their way towards the pod of dolphins, who appeared to be caught in the net, Hayden, a spokesperson for SaveTheWhalesAgain.org, and friends were intercepted by one of the small fishing boats.

The fishermen used the boat’s propellers to block the surfers’ way and used a long boathook to try and push them away.

The dramatic and dangerous encounter lasted for several minutes before Hayden and her group were forced to return to shore.

Upon reaching land, a visibly shaken Hayden fell to her knees crying.

“It was really frightening. Some of us were hit by the boathook. But in the end all we really worried about was the dolphins,” Hayden said in footage captured on video by the group. “It was so incredibly sad. We were so close to them and they were sky hopping, jumping out of the water to see us.”

As the group huddled together on the beach, an emotional Hayden fought back the tears as she explained what she saw while in the water.

“One little baby dolphin stuck his head out and kind of looked at me and the thought that it’s no longer with us is really hard to take,” she said.

Local fisherman, who according to SaveTheWhalesAgain.org, kill the dolphins and whales for their meat, had netted off the cove and set up tarps to shield the slaughter from public view.

The footage did not indicate if the group’s efforts prevented the fishermen from killing the group of dolphins encountered by Hayden and her friends.

For more from Hayden on her emotional and courageous efforts, tune in to Friday’s Access Hollywood as the “Heroes” star visits our stage and discusses her experience more in-depth.

http://www.accesshollywood.com/news/ah7291.shtml

Right, everyone seems to be really digging on this new blonde chick, but who the fuck is she? She seemed fairly average to be, both looks and acting.

Her name was Kristen Bell and she was on Veronica Mars.

And she is a great actress and fuckin smoking. Sorry she isn't fat.

Ha, good one <_<

Seriously though, she's not that great looking and (judging by brief stint in Heroes) she ain't that great an actress. Maybe she was good in this Veronica Mars or whatever.

I'm with most people on this board that it was a fairly average episode. Please get Hiro out of the past. Although the Kensai heel turn was pretty cool.

I loved Sylars little chat with Spanish guy, just makes me love him that little bit more.

Oh, and Bennet was fucking awesome. Even though after everything Ivan said I kept thinking to myself, "RENT!"

I'm sorry but her acting was nothing special for the bulk of that ep. Her "daddy" phone call, she seemed to slip into a comfort zone, but she was trying too hard to "evil" it up.

Tim Kring Quits Heroes? From an Industry Blog (Response #68.)

On another front, I have been advised by a source on “Heroes” that Tim Kring has quit the series. Apparently the network was making him remove storylines that could not be wrapped up in the existing episodes that are now being finished. This caused wholesale rewrites of three episodes over the past week and weekend.

Obviously this is a rumor until it comes from a more creditable source.

The problem with Hiro in the past is that he is way too serious. He should be getting into hijinx in the past, ala Homer "I wish I wish I hadn't killed that fish" Simpson, not falling in love with some chick and rocking stoicism.

I endorse this.

Ok, the end of this episode was quite terrific; I kinda had an inkling of what was going to happen, but still, that was great. Next week looks to be a strong episode, too, with the "Four Months Earlier". I hope the strike doesn't affect the season THAT much.

Pretty cool epiode. And there are two paintings left, Mohinder the shooter and dead HRG.

I do have a feeling that the season will end all ghey with Hiro finally getting through to "Adam" and his faith in him to be a great hero or whatever.

This leading to him cutting out his own heart and that will somehow stop the plauge.

I'm sorry but her acting was nothing special for the bulk of that ep. Her "daddy" phone call, she seemed to slip into a comfort zone, but she was trying to hard to "evil" it up.

Agreed.

Liked the episode better than most this season. I will be saddened if the writers strike puts too much of a halt on the show as it's hitting its season stride.

Glad that Hiro's done dicking around in Japan, also glad that Kensai is in modern time looking to do evil.

I am also on the who cares about Kristen Bell bandwagon. I watched the first few eps of her show and it did nothing for me. Really don't care to see her sleuthing around on heroes.

What the hell happened to Jim Lees art style. That guy was my hero at a time, but now...ugh.

Yeah it looks like Lee half assed the cover. He is still one of the best out there.

I don't think that Lee's ever drawn real faces that well. However, I think the colourist is to blame here.

And fuck y'all - Jiminez has the best art there, with Sale getting runnerup honours.

when that game came out, I was utterly utterly disappointed. That cover lies to you on two fronts: There's no simultaneous play like the arcade (it shows the brothers teaming up) and beyond that it's NOTHING like the arcade game so don't call it the #1 Arcade Smash Hit. Even if technology at the time wouldn't allow a two player mode, they could still make a decent port in one player mode only...

Sorry, rant over, could you tell I was a bitter fella back in 1988 or whenever that was?

Wow, this is so off-topic, my apologies, BUT:

I've always felt this was like what kind of milk you drink, in so far as you'll prefer what you grew up on. I prefer the NES version, and find the arcade largely unplayable. Same with Contra. But, I was a child of NES, and I know a lot of people on both sides of the coin. It's weird.