TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Downhome

OAO "Holy shit, Kurt Angle is in TNA now" thread...

I figure we might as well have another thread to talk about this, and only this. I just saw the announcement, so there really isn't much more to say right now. So, there ya go, take it away...

Guest Psycho Penguin

I have to say I honestly am surprised by a big announcement for the first time ever.

From WO.com earlier today:

Details on Angle's different MMA offers

We've got updates on Kurt Angle, including specific offers that have been made for him, booking ideas and programs and many different companies that are putting in bids all over this coming Monday's issue of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter.

:lol:

TNA did one hell of a job at keeping this under wraps, so they really need credit for that. This is the first time in a long time that I was actually shocked about a surprise in wrestling.

Guest Princess Leena

And we're mostly shocked because of Kurt's stubbornness...

This is definitely not a positive for TNA.

So, is this the most traffic the TNA folder has ever had, or what? I'm still in shock, mostly about how well the secret was kept. That's rare today with the internet.

Something HAD to happen with Vince and Kurt for Kurt to turn around and burn that bridge.

The aftermath and how it all was set up will probably be greater then anything they'll do with him in the company.

Guest Princess Leena
Name one person in TNA he can have a good match with though that won't put him in danger.

It doesn't matter who the worker is. Kurt knows there's many talented workers in TNA, so he'll keep pushing and pushing himself to have great matches with them.

Shame on TNA.

Guest Connzilla

Even though it is early for angle to return to the ring he is extremely talented on the mic so he can cut promos for about a month and then have squesh matches agianst Sharkboy, Kenny King, Jerrelle Clark, and Chance Rynce before doing matches longer than a minute I say he should stay out of the ring till at least Turning Piont

We're going to get Daniels vs Angle and Angle vs Joe now.....thats so freaking awesome. As long as Russo doesn't screw it up.

Definitely a surprise. Angle might not have been there because it would violate his WWE contract, though I'm not sure on the specifics of it.

Can't wait for Angle vs. Joe.

It's an odd signing from Angle's side but I guess it makes sense.

- He gets to work the matches he enjoys

- It's obvious that he'll be on a limited schedule

- He'll be auto pushed into the main event scene

There is a snag though. Angle's under a no compete clause until February.

Something HAD to happen with Vince and Kurt for Kurt to turn around and burn that bridge.

The aftermath and how it all was set up will probably be greater then anything they'll do with him in the company.

Maybe Vince told him he didn't feel Kurt was ready to be back after a weekend of not popping painkillers. And that made Kurt super SMASH Angle mad.

I think Kurt realized he'd never be able to work a WWE schedule for the rest of his life. TNA is probably the easiest schedule for him and they can toss him squashes while he rehabs. I still think its a bad idea but we'll see.

It's an odd signing from Angle's side but I guess it makes sense.

- He gets to work the matches he enjoys

- It's obvious that he'll be on a limited schedule

- He'll be auto pushed into the main event scene

There is a snag though. Angle's under a no compete clause until February.

You can waive that. He appears to passing up on a huge payout to work in TNA.

I know Spike is capable of covering that lost.

Yeah but is he really under a no compete until February? Doesn't that seem like a ridiculous amount of time? I'm not saying that isn't a good thing given his physical shape right now, but rather from the contract point of view.

I have to admit this surprised me tonight though. Though I do recall some Torch newsbit from the time of Angle's release where it was mentioned he was going to TNA.

Keller > Meltzer in this case?

Even more of a chance to see Kurt Angle vs. Bryan Danielson.

ROH, can't afford Angle. I think TNA has too many in-house stars to throw at Angle before Danielson, unless they finally sign him.

I think Meltzer's fandom for MMA blinded him and he missed the signs.

He's obviously not under a no-compete since he appeared in a promo. And wrestling hard once a month is a lot safer for Angle than MMA.

WOW, no wonder 411mania is having a hard time loading. damn

Dont do it Kurt, dont wrestle, at least until you are better healed

I guess we won't be getting that Angle dvd any time soon, or Kurt in the hall of fame

the burial will begin on RAW this monday

wow, at least the surprise lived up to the hype, can we now say we have a big two again?

(probably not yetm but at least its a start)