TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster

OAO ECW on Sci-Fi Thread - September/26th/2006.

Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster
Extreme tension.

ECW.com has learned that ECW World Heavyweight Champion, The Big Show will defend his championship against The Sandman on ECW on Sci-Fi. Can the Extreme Giant retain the ECW World Heavyweight Title against the cane-swinging, beer-swilling ECW Original?

Also on ECW on Sci-Fi, Hardcore Holly will battle Rob Van Dam in an Extreme Rules Match. Holly spoiled the main event of last week's ECW on Sci-Fi when he attacked Rob Van Dam in an Extreme Rules Match with the visiting King Booker. The assault came one week after RVD picked up a DQ win over Holly. With their differences still unsettled, what is next for this rivalry that has invaded ECW on Sci-Fi?

ECW on Sci-Fi kicked off last week's show with an intense Six-Man Tag Team Match that ended with the Originals earning a DQ win after Test shoved the referee. It's hard to imagine that Paul Heyman won't have more in store for The Sandman, Tommy Dreamer, and Sabu.

Also last week, Mike Knox was given yet another reason to be overprotective of his girlfriend, Kelly Kelly. Kelly watched, impressed, as CM Punk pounded "The Reject" Shannon Moore for a second straight week. She even led the cheers for the straightedge Extremist. Will the jealous Knox be able to keep tabs on Kelly?

Balls Mahoney became frustrated again when he couldn't put the nail in the coffin against Kevin Thorn. Distracted by Francine's catfight with Ariel, Mahoney was crucified into the canvas and covered for the quick pin. Will he take more steps to have a straight one-on-one shot with the vampire Extremist? What will come from the blazing tension between the seductive succubus and the returning Vixen?

Tune in tonight at 10pm/9pm CT to find out the answers to all of these questions and more on ECW on Sci-Fi.

ECW World Heavyweight Title Match

The Big Show .VS. The Sandman.

Extreme Rules Match

Rob Van Dam .VS. Hardcore Holly.

Sandman vs Big Show in a regular match? If it was extreme rules I would be excited about it, but I'm on "meh" mode for this match.

Guest Princess Leena

They're digging to Sparky Plugg for the random Raw/SD add-in for ECW this week. Hopefully that ends soon.

They're digging to Sparky Plugg for the random Raw/SD add-in for ECW this week. Hopefully that ends soon.

Actually, Holly's been moved to the ECW brand full-time, works all the house shows, and has been on the last 3 or 4 shows doing a program with RVD.

These Extreme Rules matches pretty much miss the point of ECW. In ECW, it was more of a do what you have to do to your opponent to put him away. In 'ECW', it means the heels can bring in their buddies to beat the face up until he gets pinned.

It's hard to care about an ECW title match when, after pushing Sabu as the man Big Show had to fear, Show retained 3 times in a row (two of those times - SummerSlam and MSG - being a fine place for a title change). That would pretty much make you assume he's going to hold it until the December PPV (at least) and any title defenses against credible challengers that aren't fought under 'extreme rules' will just end in a schmoz.

These Extreme Rules matches pretty much miss the point of ECW. In ECW, it was more of a do what you have to do to your opponent to put him away. In 'ECW', it means the heels can bring in their buddies to beat the face up until he gets pinned.

I noticed that too. I feel like it's become Pavlovian when there's an "extreme rules" match in that we've just come to expect run-ins and dusty finishes to these matches.

I've said this before. All these "extreme rules" matches are is an excuse to have an overbooked finish, not put on a really cool match.

That said, tonight I doubt there will be a schmozz finish for RVD/Holly. They actually seemed to listen to my rants over the past few weeks, where I kept asking "Why doesn't RVD just challenge Holly to an extreme rules match and destroy him?"

Big Show better be jobbing the belt at the Dec. PPV. It's obvious that he's gonna have to face RVD on that show, and if Show is going to face Hogan at WM (as has been rumored the past few weeks) then he 100% has to job the title there.

Big Show better be jobbing the belt at the Dec. PPV. It's obvious that he's gonna have to face RVD on that show, and if Show is going to face Hogan at WM (as has been rumored the past few weeks) then he 100% has to job the title there.

Or better yet Hogan beats Show at WM for the ECW World Title. :firing:

I actually have some booking in mind for how to do the Big Show/RVD and then Big Show/Hogan matches. Here's what I would do:

--Continue the Big Show badmouthing the ECW crew, saying they can't beat him. In the weeks leading up to the PPV he starts throwing up challenges to a bunch of non ECW guys, and mentions Hogan. Maybe have him toss Hogan's name out there a couple of times.

--At this point there is a tourney going on for #1 contender. The finals end up being RVD vs. CM Punk in what turns out to be a great contest. Punk has RVD on the ropes several times but makes maybe one mistake, RVD capitalizes on it, 1-2-3. After the match Punk does his bit of offering his hand, only to walk away (the "You got Punk'd" bit I saw in OVW).

--Anyway, PPV. A week or so before the show word leaks out that Hogan is sick of Big Show running him down and decides to show up at December to Dismember. Maybe even have Hogan mention the Big Show's taunts on some of his various radio appearances and say stuff like "He needs to worry about RVD right now, but if he keeps running his mouth I'll have to deal with the big dude." Play this on ECW's show. He gets a front row seat natch.

--In this match RVD throws everything but the kitchen sink at the Big Show. I'm talking somersault into the 5th row, Van Terminators, Van Daminators, 5 Stars, everything to put this big man down. Of course Heyman and his various goons try to run in (this being Extreme Rules), but the ECW Originals like Sabu, Sandman, Dreamer, etc. run them off. I'd maybe have Hogan beat the shit out of Heyman, maybe one of the riot gear dudes, but not directly get involved with the match itself.

--Finally the ECW Originals run everyone off and RVD nails one last 5 Star and gets the pin, possibly using Heyman's hand while he's unconscious.

--The ECW Originals celebrate with RVD in the ring as the lockerroom empties. One guy however does not. In a bit straight out of Owen Hart from WM X, CM Punk stands in the entrance just staring at RVD as if to say "That is my belt." Maybe even have Hogan put over RVD a bit, but not to the point where he takes the spotlight himself.

--From this point it's easy to segue into RVD/Punk for the title at WM and then Big Show indirectly blames Hogan and that feud begins. In fact I'd just have Show drift back onto Raw at this point and leave ECW, since Hogan showing up on ECW makes no sense on a regular basis.

Anyway, that's how I think it should be booked.

Sure, Sandman/Big Show has no build, but hey, at least it isn't DX or Batista....yeah Sandman is going to eat it pretty hard tonight, especially with the match NOT being extreme rules, but there is always the chance he goes the Sabu route and just gets himself DQ'd and an entertaining brawl ensues.

Lets just hope that RVD can dispose of Holly pretty fast, not meaning a squash match, but meaning ending the feud quickly so he can get back into the title picture.

Sure, Sandman/Big Show has no build, but hey, at least it isn't DX or Batista....yeah Sandman is going to eat it pretty hard tonight, especially with the match NOT being extreme rules, but there is always the chance he goes the Sabu route and just gets himself DQ'd and an entertaining brawl ensues.

Lets just hope that RVD can dispose of Holly pretty fast, not meaning a squash match, but meaning ending the feud quickly so he can get back into the title picture.

I would bet all the money in my wallet that Sandman/Show ends in DQ, or a no contest of some sort.

They are really (as expected) going about this wrong with Striker.

Striker is one of the vew few guys on the ECW roster that can get natural heat (given that its cheap) and really should move into the Shane Douglas placement within the company but they insist on having him get beat down on routine basis. Especially by fucking Jim Ross.