TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
LivingLegendGaryColeman

We Have Us An Iron Man

Heh, I remember when there was first talk about making an Iron Man movie in 2004 and they said that Tom Cruise was a big possibility to play Stark.

I think Downey is a fine choice. He's fallen on some hard times latley and this is exactly what he needs to get his career back in check.

PREDICTION: Some shitty nu-metal band will cover Black Sabbath's "Iron Man" for the film's soundtrack despite the fact that the song has nothing to do with the superhero.

PREDICTION: Some shitty nu-metal band will cover Black Sabbath's "Iron Man" for the film's soundtrack despite the fact that the song has nothing to do with the superhero.

Does have anything to do with Nissan cars, either, but that didn't stop them from using it in their commercial. The song's lyrics probably have more in common with the comic character than virtually anything else the song has ever been associated with.

I cannot believe someone suggested Brad Pitt as Tony Stark.

Does anyone here remember Ben fucking Affleck as Daredevil? Same kind of thing. Going for the name recognition rather than an actor that can pull you into the story. Brad Pitt has never impressed me as an actor. At all.

Don;t get me wrong, when my co-worker told me about Robert Downey Jr., a big red question mark popped on over my head as well. Hes a great actor, but we will see.

It's a song about rejection. How does that fight Iron Man the character?

Its also a song about a guy who is made out of metal and blows stuff up.

No, that's nothing like the comics character AT ALL.

It's a song about rejection. How does that fight Iron Man the character?

Its also a song about a guy who is made out of metal and blows stuff up.

No, that's nothing like the comics character AT ALL.

I was looking to the deeper meaning.

Yeah, you might want to stop doing that.

EHME, I'm still seeing Terrance Howard rumored to play Jim Rhodes...talk about damn fine casting.

Now, who plays Mandarin? Someone chinese? Of course, in Hollywood, it doesn't matter, Asian is Asian. Ken Watanabe? Chow Yun-Fat? It's gotta be someone middle-aged, somewhat handsome...Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa perhaps? He did play Shang Tsung pretty well, after all.

EHME, I'm still seeing Terrance Howard rumored to play Jim Rhodes...talk about damn fine casting.

Now, who plays Mandarin? Someone chinese? Of course, in Hollywood, it doesn't matter, Asian is Asian. Ken Watanabe? Chow Yun-Fat? It's gotta be someone middle-aged, somewhat handsome...Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa perhaps? He did play Shang Tsung pretty well, after all.

Those are pretty good choices for the role of Mandarin. Have to remember that whomever they choose has to be able to bring the kung-fu action, as Mandarin is a martial arts master. Hopefully they show this side as well.

Ken Watanabe would be awesome, though he'd probably be worried about typecasting after playing faux Ra's Al Ghul in Batman.

the thing about Asians in Hollywood, unfortunantly, is that they're automatically typecast simply because they're asian!

Adding to the rumour mill, along with Terrence Howard being mentioned for the Jim Rhodes part, now Famke Janssen is also being mentioned as Tony Stark's love interest. Could she be The Big M/Madame Masque?

I didnt rate downey jr, but then i saw kiss kiss bang bang and he was really good in that. I think it should be good.

Anyone else think its weird that monica from friends ex boyfriend who went on to become a UFC fighter and get his ass kicked by tank abbot is dircting this?

Is Terence Howard a little above this at this point?

Are we talking about the same Terence Howard, right?

The same Terrence Howard who was nominated for an Oscar last year, and also stared in the movie that won the best picture.

While I don't think Terrence Howard is in the elite class of actors, he's on his way to become one.

Terrence Howard has alot of big roles in it, he's suppose star in the Luke Cage movie as DiamondBack.

^^^ He doesn't need to - but maybe he wants to. Michael Caine doesn't need to be in Batman or the Prestige, but he is. Same goes for Kevin Spacey in Superman