TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lord of The Curry

UFC 65: GSP vs Hughes II

Has a Sylvia fight ever drawn interest? Even I didn't care to see the Andre rematches. I understand you need a heavyweight champion, but this isn't the WWE, he doesn't have to be (and isn't) the big deal.

I don't remember ever caring about a Tim Sylvia fight. For UFN 3, I watched all the matches up to his match with Assuerio Silva.

But do remember that winners get their base x 2, so Sylvia earned $60,000 + $60,000 for the win. Hughes would've earned $150,000 had he won. GSP must've gotten another bonus somewhere. Getting $29,000 to fight seems like a strange number to me.

Has a Sylvia fight ever drawn interest? Even I didn't care to see the Andre rematches. I understand you need a heavyweight champion, but this isn't the WWE, he doesn't have to be (and isn't) the big deal.

I don't remember ever caring about a Tim Sylvia fight. For UFN 3, I watched all the matches up to his match with Assuerio Silva.

But do remember that winners get their base x 2, so Sylvia earned $60,000 + $60,000 for the win. Hughes would've earned $150,000 had he won. GSP must've gotten another bonus somewhere. Getting $29,000 to fight seems like a strange number to me.

Word is Dana gave GSP a half-million bonus plus a hummer, or so I read at BK.

I'm thinking that was based on and early estimate of the "$1 per buy" headliner bonus.

I'm obviously in the wrong profession.

Now that we know the weakness in the MFS fighters that being poor defense against kicks....I want to see Antoni Hardonk as the next Heavyweight Champion.