TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Sho Funaki

WWE 24/7

OK, Armageddon '06 finally showed up on my schedule, and is set to expire on 5/1 (the same date as listed in the schedule to which I linked above). However, I still don't have this "rivalries" Legeds roundtable, but maybe it will pop up when new content is added this evening.

So no one else has had *any* trouble at all?

I only have Three buckets Big ones TV Classics and legends. I have not recieved the new MNW NWA or Judgement Day PPV. This is about the second time this happened (missing content) and i am pissed. How hard cant it be to update this shit properly every week. Hopefully it will be fixed when I get home today.

Thin week unless I still don't have all the updates.

Just "Cause Stone Cold Said So", an old Sunny special, and the newest History of ECW.

Anything I'm missing so I can bitch to my cable company?

Plus a preview of Condemned, the movie. I'm really glad they added that, because there really hasn't been much publicity for that on WWE tv lately.

[/sarcasm]

Besides, I already know how the movie ends.

The broadcast is preemptively canceled thanks to an internet protest led by Jay Bower.

Thin week unless I still don't have all the updates.

Just "Cause Stone Cold Said So", an old Sunny special, and the newest History of ECW.

Anything I'm missing so I can bitch to my cable company?

There's a new Prime Time Wrestling that has a decent Bulldogs / Harts match on it, but I think besides what you listed, that's it.

The new primetime also has Fuji and Muraco doing standup that's awesome just for Fuji's reactions plus a Macho Man interview that's hilarious because he keeps pulling out these random coffee creams and making puns with them.

first couple weeks when they switched to the current format they missed the Legend and TV classic stuff, now its all good

I had a problem during Backlash : when Coach and Lawler talks about the 6-man tag following an interview from HHH/Flair/Jericho, it cuts Lawler mid-sentence and goes straight to the end of Cena's rap. For the rest of the show, the audio isn't synchronised with the video.

Anybody had the same problem ?

'Cause Stone Cold Said So is really a fun piece. It's from mid-97 and covers the period when Austin was an interesting and unique character, rather than the caricature he later became. The end credits were a highlight as most said either "Stone Cold" or "Steve Austin," with a few exceptions.

HAIR

I'm Bald, Jackass

GAFFER

I Whipped His Ass Too

'Cause Stone Cold Said So is really a fun piece. It's from mid-97 and covers the period when Austin was an interesting and unique character, rather than the caricature he later became. The end credits were a highlight as most said either "Stone Cold" or "Steve Austin," with a few exceptions.

HAIR

I'm Bald, Jackass

GAFFER

I Whipped His Ass Too

The whole thing is really excellent and funny. I never get tired of that tape

*BRian Pillman cuts a promo*

Steve Austin narration: "Tell me he doesn't need his ass whooped"

"I'm gonna rape, pillage, and plunder in the World Wrestling Federation!!!"

I watched that show the other night and it's a blast. Raw was an exhilirating show back then but it's easy to see how they didn't draw any money with that stuff. It's too abrasive and nothing the WWF did in 1997 gave people anyone to cheer for. From 1997 to 98 Austin's character changed from a borderline sociopath who would cripple his former friends, break and enter, and hate pretty much everyone...then in 98 he became the everyman champ who hated his boss, while still for the most part retaining his edge. Taking that ultra unlikable vibe away from Austin is what made his character click massive. Vince portrayed a full blown evil heel that everyone wanted to hate. Bret Hart wasn't like that, since he was sorta either way depending on the venue.

Austin became such a joke by 2002. In fact I was talking to my brother about this and we narrowed it down to right after Royal Rumble 2002 when Austin became a caricature. In his post Rumble promo he said flippantly that he wouldn't be main eventing WM (oh well), and then started his "What?" crap and reeled off his entire lunch menu.

You know they used the dvd version of Backlash 2003 here. Its clear cuz of all the music edits that dont make sense (like RVDs one of a kind dubed to his original wwf theme, kanes finger 11 song edited to his old theme, flairs dubbed to his old wwf theme, Booker Ts song changed to terrible dance music, dudleys powerman theme of course edited off) the best match of the show was either Los Guerreros/Team Anlge or Brock/Cena, though obviously the spot of the night was Big Show using Rey Mysterio as a baseball bat on the ringpost. Cena was over huge despite pulling out the cheap heat tactics of wearing a roger clemens yankee jersey in red sox country.

I watched everything new except for the World class episode. the austin one was fun to watch and go back in time. Sunnys was pretty stupd although it featured all of the important matches in her managing career. also depressing to see what she used to look like, but hey at least she is still alive.

Best match Brock vs. Cena? That match sucks ass from what I recall. It pretty much exposed both guys as not being ready for their pushes. But then I've made my feelings on Lesnar known quite well over the past 4-5 years.

I did like the Guerreros vs. Team Angle match, but dare I say that stuff clicked more when Chavo got hurt and Tajiri stepped in? Personally I found 2003 to be the absolute dead zone for WWE, but I loved the hell out of Eddie's work that year. He was really the only reason to tune in.

the Rock/Goldberg match was pretty underwhelming, but as far as goofy antics and body language, that may have been Rock's best before and during that match.

the Rock/Goldberg match was pretty underwhelming, but as far as goofy antics and body language, that may have been Rock's best before and during that match.

yea calling bill "whisker bisquit" has to rank up there with his classsic lines, plus in the prematch promo he said "why should I be scared? cuz he goes like this (mocks goldbergs screaming and head punching routine) the crowd was pro rock though it seemed

oh yeah, Goldberg was getting the Cena treatment.

with the Rock, I found it funny when he was trying not to smile as the fans started chanting his name in the pre-match interview. He kept twitching and holding his smile back (in character, not because he really couldn't help it)...then he gets to the ring and he kept trying to get people to stop flipping him off and start cheering for him.

Just caught the Rock/Goldberg match. Goldberg looked like a goof through the whole match, and couldnt do anything to get the crowd on his side, atleast they popped for the finish. The "Whisker Bisquit" line from the Rock gave me a headache from laughing so hard.

Good to be back to the old 24/7 thread. Judgment Day 2003 won May's Big One poll which disproves my "the most recent PPV almost always win" theory but seems to further prove c-boy's "the worst PPVs almost always wins" theory (though it might be better than No Mercy 2005).

Notes from before my self imposed board hiatus:

- Bobby Heenan was awesome on TNT.

- Furnas/Lafon vs Razor/Diesel II was surprisingly awesome. That whole Raw was pretty good.

- Slick singing the Russian anthem is probably one of the funniest things I've seen on 24/7.

- Cause Stone Cold Said So was a fun hour. I know it was really a rip from the 200X (4?) DVD re-release but in my mind I was thinking "this is a VHS from the beginning of the Attitude era" and loved it. Austin's narration was priceless; saying Pillman acts like a jackoff because that's what he does was funny, among other things.

- The Legends show discussing rivalries was entertaining. Anyone miss Mike Graham? Didn't think so. Hayes is great on these things.

- ECW has been entertaining.

- One of the shows I watched (I forget which) started with a video of Perfect pinning Tito to win the IC title tournament in 1990. Never seeing that, I liked that.

Looking forward to this month even though I hear some of it is a repeat. I noticed that there is some shake-up from last May (different HOFer) but I don't know much else. Looking forward to the 10 matches in shorites. Also of note, if you check the videos and photos on the 24/7 section (which change based on the month's theme), there are photos of the WMX ladder match. Can't quite figure out where that fits in, unless 'Razor Ramon' is a latino legend and it's a features shorty.

June is "Hardcore Heaven", and since I was regularly checking the schedule around this time last year (got 24/7 in either July or August) I'm almost certain this is also a repeated theme, but it sounds good. Like I said before, I don't have a problem with repeated themes (I'm pretty sure every October and December will be Halloween and Christmas) as long as they shake things up. IIRC, last year's Hardcore theme had the original ONS and Barley Legal (but then I remember watching Barley Legal on 24/7, so I don't know...) but it's Anarchy Rulz 99 and Survivor Series 2002 this year. There will also be 10 I Quit matches in Shorties hosted by Joey, and since Flair vs Foley (one of the advertised ones) didn't happen until August of 06, I know this is different. Also advertised - Funk vs Lawler! I love this channel.

Next month's PYBO is Superbrawl III vs. Revenge of the Taker ('Taker's Revenge') vs. One Night Stand 2005. Please flood the votes with Superbrawl III, please and thanks (unless you guys haven't seen ONS 2005 for some reason, then yeah, go all out for that). Side note - the card listed for Superbrawl III says "Rock and Roll Express vs Heavenly Bodies - SMW tag titles". Did this really happen (I suppose I could look it up but I'm at work amd actually just got called to do something) or is this a mix up with the Survivor Series 93 card? That would be pretty odd for the same match for the same title to happen twice in the same year for rival companies that have nothing to do with the titles, and since no one ever talks about such an anomily, I have to think "mistake" until I look it up later.

Edit: Wow, it really did happen. That seems like such a huge irrelevant trivia footnote for me to have not been aware of.

I've pretty much given up hope on the Pick Your Big One Poll ever working out in anyones favor. I swear it's rigged as there's no logical reason at all anyone would pick the same lame recent shows every month. I guarantee you next month will be One Night Stand 05.

My 24/7 just updated. So far I only looked at "The Big Ones" and I see that When Worlds Collide, New Years Revolution, and a WWF Show from LA on 11/88 have been added. Just turned on the LA Show, and what a shock to see AWA announcer Ron Trongard calling a WWF show....

I've seen Ron several times on 24/7 calling house shows, it was weird.

My 24/7 service is getting pretty bad. Ever since the beginning of April, I've become accustomed to having some but not all programs show up only for them to all appear by the time I get home from work. When I checked the line-up last night, there weren't just a few things missing - every box was empty (except the two shows that didn't expire). This morning SOME of it showed up (the previews and Shorties), and I only hope it's all there when I get home tonight. It's the Robin Hood episode of MNW, damnit!

I've got two Morales matches, Tiger Mask-Estrada, and the L.A. show so far. That's it. If it's not fixed by the time I get home from work, I'm making some phone calls.

After missing the MNWs and the HHHvsY2J Hell in the Cell PPV last month, everything seems to be updated properly this month. Sometimes this service can be a pain in the ass.

I might consider voting for Revenge of the Taker, since I have never seen that PPV all the way through (just the UT/Mankind match from UT's DVD, which is an underrated, brutal classic). ONS 05 is the obvious winner though since they are doing that PPV in June, but hell I'd imagine everyone has that by now. SuperBrawl III was actually on 24/7 last year and I got a DVD recording of it so it's all good. That was a really good PPV too, and yes there was an SMW tag match with the RNR vs. The Heavenly Bodies.

24/7 Online looks pretty interesting this month. They seem to be adding interviews and such to the matches. I think some of those Austin matches are repeats (MillenniumMan can confirm this) but some of the other stuff looks good. I just wish that:

A. The streaming looked better

B. They wouldn't deny my subscription for no apparent reason.