TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Sho Funaki

WWE 24/7

you know, even after I've seen it 3 or 4 times, that Eddie Raw is still pretty sad to watch...you know what the rough part is? the bell toll....now don't get me wrong, I am not in the "OMG the room is spnning" crowd, but it's still sad to watch.

Here are the new May WWE 24/7 Online offerings . . .

WrestleMania 13 - Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. Bret Hart March 23, 1997 | Approx. run time: 34 mins.

In this classic WrestleMania moment, Austin faced Bret Hart in a Submission Match in what turned out to be a contest that would alter WWE history forever. With Ken Shamrock as special guest referee, could Austin outwit the "Excellence of Execution", or would Hart apply his patented Sharpshooter?

Match includes commentary from Stone Cold himself as to why this match made his career.

WrestleMania 19 - Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. The Rock March 30, 2003 | Approx. run time: 39 mins.

Perhaps Stone Cold Steve Austin's most famous in-ring confrontations were with The Rock. These two Superstars battled on the biggest stage of them all three times. At WrestleMania XIX, in their final WrestleMania Match, Stone Cold and The Rock thrilled the Seattle crowd and WWE fans around the world. Could Austin pick up the victory, or would he hit Rock Bottom?

Match includes an interview with Stone Cold Steve Austin as well as a pay-per-view package.

Clash of the Champions XXVIII - Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. Ricky Steamboat August 28, 1994 | Approx. run time: 18 mins.

One of WCW's more famous rivalries was between Stone Cold Steve Austin and Ricky Steamboat. In this match for the United States Championship, Austin & Steamboat showed why their matches are considered among the greatest in sports-entertainment history. Who would walk away the United States Champion?

Match includes commentary from CM Punk on why this is his favorite match in history.

Hall of Fame - Jim Ross' Unedited Induction Speech March 31, 2007 | Approx. run time: 37 mins.

Friendships in the wrestling business are hard to keep over the years, but Jim Ross and Stone Cold Steve Austin have kept theirs strong. With Ross having called some of Stone Cold's greatest moments in WWE, it was only fitting that on his biggest night, Ross was honored by the man whom he helped make a household name. Watch Austin induct Ross in the WWE Hall of Fame.

Starrcade - Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. Dustin Rhodes December 27, 1993 | Approx. run time: 32 mins.

In a 2-out-of-3 Falls Match for the United States Championship, Stone Cold Steve Austin fought Dustin Rhodes at WCW's biggest pay-per-view. Could Stone Cold take two out of the three decisions, or would Rhodes shatter his dreams?

Match includes commentary from Jim Ross on why 2-out-of-3 Falls Matches are so special.

Ric Flair & The Four Horsemen DVD Preview May 1, 2007 | Approx. run time: 10 mins.

Take a sneak peek as members of the Four Horsemen speak about the "jet flying, wheelin' dealin', limousine ridin', kiss stealing" lifestyle they portrayed when they ran the wrestling world.

Want to see more? Pick up the DVD for the full scoop on this legendary faction.

NHL Playoff Spectacular: Slamboree - Cactus Jack & Kevin Sullivan vs. The Nasty Boys, w/Dave Schultz as Referee May 22, 1994 | Approx. run time: 13 mins.

Mick Foley's Cactus Jack persona teamed with "The Taskmaster" Kevin Sullivan to take on The Nasty Boys for the WCW Tag Team Championship at Slamboree in 1994. With the NHL's legendary enforcer Dave Schultz as special guest referee, this match had the ingredients to get out of hand quickly. Could Cactus Jack & Kevin Sullivan win the titles?

Match includes commentary from Mick Foley.

NBA Playoff Spectacular: Bash at the Beach - Hulk Hogan & Dennis Rodman vs. Karl Malone & DDP July 12, 1998 | Approx. run time: 32 mins.

Hogan & Rodman were nWo-4-life, while Malone was helping DDP self-hi-five his way to the top of WCW. At Bash at the Beach in 1998, the team of DDP & Malone took on Hogan & the ever eccentric Rodman. Could DDP & The Mailman Diamond Cut their way to victory, or would Hogan & Rodman "worm" their way out?

Judgment Day - JBL vs. Rey MysterioMay 21, 2006 | Approx. run time: 26 mins.In a match for the World Championship, Mysterio defended his title against JBL in what would turn out to be JBL's final pay-per-view as an in-ring competitor. Could JBL go out on a gold rush, or would Mysterio send JBL packing?

Match includes extended commentary from JBL & Michael Cole as well as a pay-per-view package.

24/7 Online looks pretty interesting this month. They seem to be adding interviews and such to the matches. I think some of those Austin matches are repeats (MillenniumMan can confirm this) but some of the other stuff looks good. I just wish that:

A. The streaming looked better

B. They wouldn't deny my subscription for no apparent reason.

Yeah, the streaming still being at YouTube level kinda bites but the 300ish K quality doesn't translate too badly when the pc is hooked up to the tv. The interviews are a nice touch. CM Punk marking out at the Dragon/Austin match is fun as is the match itself. Though they cheaped out by only putting on 9 new matches (I'm even including the recycled matches w/ added commentary as 'new').

Also, kinda weird to hear Josh Matthews narrate the Bash at the Beach main event video package.

And in a rather geeky move on my part, I'm working on making a database w/ every segment offered on WWE 24/7 Online as I've saved all the links in WMP. Then, I renamed the segments so they'd sort in chronological order. Now, I've been having to copy and paste each renamed link one-by-one onto a word doc. I'm onto 1997 so far and still have about 1/2 the list to go.

I might consider voting for Revenge of the Taker, since I have never seen that PPV all the way through (just the UT/Mankind match from UT's DVD, which is an underrated, brutal classic).

I was at that show. THe UT/Mankind match and Austin vs. Brett are great matches, the undercard was still stuck in WWF mid 90s crapiness. Only real highlight would be to see Rocky Maivia getting X-Pac heat.

Well the streak of programs I find missing in the morning before work being available when I get home is over. They added all Shorties and the Morales matches (don't know if anything else should have been there) but NOTHING is in Big Ones or Classic TV, which sucks because that's what I want to watch. Oh, no, they put the latest CWF episode in the TV section. It would seem things are slowly moving along, but man I hope this stuff is in by Friday (I don't care tomorrow since I'll barely be home - work + NBC Comedy + Spider-Man).

Am I the only one who finds those Florida shows to be dull as dishwater, despite Mike Graham's hyperbole? It doesn't help that they are shown totally out of order, skipping from 1985 to 83, to 82 with no rhyme or reason. If Kevin Sullivan isn't out doing his rambling satanist interviews that show is pretty boring. Definitely the weakest old show on there when you compare to old NWA, WCCW, the MNW shows, Prime Time. Where's the AWA lately?

My theory is all the episodes that Greg Gagne taped as a host before he was fired aired, and for some reason they need a host to air a show, despite the fact this doesn't apply to NWA.

By late last night, I had CWF, NWA, and TNT in TV Classics and the Eddie Raw appeared in Legends, so I THINK I have everything except MNW and anything in Big Ones. The Eddie Tribute was difficult to re-watch at times but I forgot how good the Angle/Benjamin match (with that crazy spot near the end) was. In my memory, I recalled HBK vs Rey as having some wacky selling by HBK and him winning by superkicking Rey as he did a springboard move. Not sure what I was remembering there since Michaels' selling seemed mostly normal here and he lost.

Preview show said Vengeance 2003 will be airing this month. I have it on DVD, but if anyone doesn't, it's an awesome show.

yes, the Angle/Benjamin match was a good one...though I remember being one of the ones upset that they gave away a match that could have gone to a fued that practically wrote itself, a fued they never did end up having. Shelton must have really pissed someone off somewhere, because he was HOT between early 04 and early 05, his first year on Raw.

Al do you have the power to merge that Problems thread into this and possibly change the thread subtitle to "OAO Discussion Thread" or what have you? That might not be a bad idea.

Going back to what I said about the mysteriousness of there being images of the WMX ladder match on the 24/7 site, the preview show did show Razor Ramon while talking about the Latino Legends theme, so I guess he counts. This seems like a really good month for Shorties - I watched Crazy vs El Mosco and the Guerreros AWA match, both were good. The senton / roll / dive through the ropes chain combo that Hector did was crazy. I'll watch the Tiger Mask match later. I know Rey/Psicosis is good (but I just watched it on the ECW show) and Juvi/Blitzkreig is good too.

By late last night, I had CWF, NWA, and TNT in TV Classics and the Eddie Raw appeared in Legends, so I THINK I have everything except MNW and anything in Big Ones. The Eddie Tribute was difficult to re-watch at times but I forgot how good the Angle/Benjamin match (with that crazy spot near the end) was. In my memory, I recalled HBK vs Rey as having some wacky selling by HBK and him winning by superkicking Rey as he did a springboard move. Not sure what I was remembering there since Michaels' selling seemed mostly normal here and he lost.

I think you're remembering the HBK-Benjamin match from the Gold Rush tournament. A former co-worker of mine is convinced Shelton Benjamin is actually dead after that superkick and we're actually seeing his ghost team with Charlie Haas on Raw every week.

I found myself trying not to cry when they tolled the bell for Eddie but got through the rest of the show OK.

What was with the random skipping of When World Collide during the Santo/Octagon vs. Eddie/Barr match? The piledriver spot is the spot the entire show was essentially centered around with the multiple mentions of Angel Azteca retiring from one, and they completely skip the spot and just move along the closing Eddy-Santo sequence.

I know the spot is originally from HBK/Benjamin, but I know it happened to Rey and people cried foul for some reason (something about Shawn getting his win back). It either happened on a future Raw to build to Survivor Series or Survivor Series itself.

What do you mean about the random skipping? Did a "WWE 24/7 Fast Forward" logo appear or is something missing? That usually happens to cover music problems they don't feel like overdubbing but I don't see how that would be an issue in the mentioned scenario.

Al do you have the power to merge that Problems thread into this and possibly change the thread subtitle to "OAO Discussion Thread" or what have you? That might not be a bad idea.

Threads are merged. I'm thinking a monthly 24/7 thread might be a good idea, starting next month.

What do you mean about the random skipping? Did a "WWE 24/7 Fast Forward" logo appear or is something missing? That usually happens to cover music problems they don't feel like overdubbing but I don't see how that would be an issue in the mentioned scenario.

That's exactly what they did. I was bummed about it, too: for all the talk I've heard about Art Barr, that was the first time I'd ever seen one of his matches... That frog splash was sweet, though; Eddy totally stole that. As would I, were I in his situation.

That's exactly what they did. I was bummed about it, too: for all the talk I've heard about Art Barr, that was the first time I'd ever seen one of his matches... That frog splash was sweet, though; Eddy totally stole that. As would I, were I in his situation.

It's a tribute. Or it was, in any case.

I don't have the When Worlds Collide ppv. *sigh*

So far, this is what I have:

The Big Ones: NYR '07 and the LA '88 show

TV Classics has the standard: ECW, MNW, NWA, TNT

Shorties: Guerreros, Juvi vs. Blitzkrieg from Spring Stampede 99, and Rey vs. Psicosis 2/3 falls from ECW Hardcore TV

Legends: 2 Pedro matches, plus what I'm guessing is the roundtable. There's also the Eddie RAW tribute, and Cuz Stone Cold Said So.

was watching a little bit of the latest MNW while home for lunch...LOL @ the crowd chanting boring during the Malenko/Eddie match. Buncha heathens.

if you haven't seen it yet, watch the Konnan/Super Calo match. There were two seriously shitty parts going on there, one spot is inexcusable given that Konnan was already a seasoned vet at that point in time.

So is there also supposed to be a new Legends show, then? That would be another thing I'm missing then, making the total 3 programs (and the Legends bucket would be quite full).

This is what I have now:

TV Classics: Last week's ECW, new TNT, CWF, and NWA. Waiting for MNW.

Big Ones: NYR, WWC. Waiting for the LA show.

Shorties: 5 matches, so I know that's complete.

Legends: Morales profile, 3 Morales matches, Eddie Tribute, and the Stone Cold thing is still there.

I watched Tiger Mask vs Jose Estrada before going out last night, that was pretty cool. I also forgot that Mania XIX was the MArch PYBO, meaning the PYBO has "coincidentally" been THREE sequenced PPVs in a row as of this month's Judgment Day 2003.

the eddie raw did get to me again. Benoits heartfelt speech just kills you, when he says that they never said goodbye without saying they loved each other, man thats deep (and yes still manly despite how it sounds) the only thing was the music dubbing over the tribute video hurt it a bit (although I liked the 2nd video they showed on the next sd with the 3 doors down song more than the hurt video for some reason, actually I have both of those shows taped on vhs somewhere) I have so far only watched the eddie raw and the new tnt ep, plus 2 shorties (juvi/blitzkrieg which is a fun match with a SICK finish, plus the guerrero bros match from awa, featuring Lee Marshall wearing a giant sombrero!) I need to watch some stuff cuz iM sure some stuff will expire after the first week here on weds (probably the la house show ) NYR 07 is on now, wish I hadnt got the dvd already (although it has extras, but do I need to see kfed vs cena and "donald vs rosie" again?)

I've just been way too busy to watch anything lately, but I'm still mad the MNW never showed up for me. I think everything else did unless there is a second Legends roundtable episode, then that never showed up either. I'll probably watch ECW when I get home from work.

Al, I think the monthly thing could be good. We should give it a go in June. If it flops, just merge it with this thread I guess.

--WWE 24/7 is now available on Charter Cable nationwide. WWE will be giving away a month free of 24/7 in September for those of you who have never seen it.

Guess I'll use that free month to decide if I want to take the plunge.

I can't stress this enough...at 6.95 a month, you're getting a HELL of a good deal. 2 to 3 old PPVs plus you'll get whatever PPV aired 3 months ago (this month it's NYR 07, the Rumble should be later). You get 1 or 2 old school cards. You get all the classic NWA, ECW shows, the Raw/Nitro head to head shows, etc. etc.

From the ECW show:

"HURRICANE ELIMINATOR!"

Yeah, Total Elimination was a much better name for that finisher (although I do like "Hurricane" being in attack names).

They also forgot to edit out Jesus Christ Superstar when Austin exited despite the fact it was edited when he entered. I don't recognize the song with lyrics they used to go over Sandman's title run / Mikey's quest to win the title but it sounded kind of gerenic, but kudos to them for doing a generic song with lyrics if that is the case.