TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Art Sandusky

TNA Taping Spoilerz

From DeathValleyDriver:

Pre-Show:

*America's Most Wanted took part in a pre-show autograph session. NWA Tag Team champions LAX confronted and attacked AMW, leaving them laying.

Impact for 11/9:

*"Fight for the Right" Tournament Semi-Final: TNA X-Division champion AJ Styles (with Christopher Daniels) defeated Ron Killings (with Lance Hoyt) and Robert Roode (with Tracy Brooks). Styles rolled up Killings for the pin. During the match, Brooks interfered, so Hoyt dropped her into the first row of the crowd. A "fan" was cheering during the match and his drink was "spilled all over Tracy." Brooks slapped the fan. Roode confronted the fan, which led to the finish.

*Shane Douglas cuts a promo, saying when he has a problem with someone, he deals with them face to face. He calls out Team 3D's Brother Ray and says he's put up with Ray for 10 years. He said that Ray has a condescending, disrespectful attitude. Ray says he's never disrespect Douglas or any of the guys that came before him. Douglas said that the Naturals aren't living off the past like Team 3D. The Naturals attack Brother Ray and put him through a table. On the video screen, they show Devon laid out in the back as well.

*Petey Williams wons a Three-Way over Austin Starr (with Kevin Nash and Alex Shelley) and Johnny Devine.

*NWA Tag Team champions LAX came out. Konnan says they got back at AMW for jumping them by getting them at an autograph signing earlier today. He promises they will burn the American flag next week on Impact.

*"Fight for the Right" Tournament Final: Abyss won the "Fight for the Right" tournament, defeating AJ Styles. There was a referee bump, which brought out Christian Cage. Cage claimed to be the rightful number one contender and laid both men out with chairshots. Cage left. The referee recovered both competitors out on the mat with a 10 count. Other referees came to the ring, which led to re-start. Jim Mitchell tried to use the bag of thumbtacks, but Daniels prevents him. Chris Sabin hit the ring and interfered. Abyss hit the Black Hole Slam for the pin. Abyss will face Angle on the primetime debut and will challenge Sting at Genesis. After the match, Jay Lethal, Jerry Lynn, and Sonjay Dutt all come to the ring to confront Sabin about interfering. Sabin blew them off.

*They showed Sting lurking in the rafters, which was the end of the first show.

Impact for 11/16 Primetime Debut- 2 hour event:

*Eric Young came to the ring as they shot off pyro and confetti. Young goes to the announcing table and says he has a huge announcement. NWA Tag Team champions LAX came out, which ran Young off. Konnan took the mic and said they were going to burn the American flag. AMW hit the ring and everyone brawls. Gail Kim returns and hits a hurancanrana on Homicide. Hernandez grabs her for the Border Toss but AMW rescues her.

*Samoa Joe defeated Jay Lethal via chokeout. Joe refuses to release the choke. Sonjay Dutt hit the ring for the save but gets choked out as well. Chris Sabin walks to the ring, but changes his mind about getting into the ring, instead walking away. Joe finally lets Dutt go, takes the mic and says he wants Angle's blood.

*The Naturals won a Tables match, defeating Team 3D. During the match, Team 3D gave Shane Douglas a 3D through the table. The Naturals hit a double chokeslam on Devon through a table for the win. After the match, The Naturals continued to beat down 3D. Security came out and were unable to stop them. The Naturals beat 3D with chunks of the table. Devon was bleeding.

*Eric Young comes back out to make his huge announcement, but this time he's interrupted by Frankie Kazarian, Matt Bentley, and Johnny Devine, in goth attire. Kazarian said that tonight is the genesis of a new movement in TNA. He says it's not about winning or losing, but how much they sacrifice. They are interrupted by the Voodoo Kin Mafia (The returning James Gang), who come out with new music. Kazarian said, "It's not time yet" and they left. BG James took the mic and says they are back for one reason, for "creative control." He said they have permission to do anything they please, and are "declaring war" on "Michael Hickenbottom, Paul Levesque, and Vincent Kennedy McMahon." Kip James gets the mic and says that eight years ago, they were told they weren't good enough to be in "the group" but they ended up saving it. They said "that entity" is now back, but is sinking worse then the Titanic. They called them, "the two biggest pieces of sh**." BG says that by air, sea, or land, they are going to bring "the war to their front door."

*Christian Cage defeated Rhino in the barbed wire Six Sides of Steel cage match, which featured barbed wire over the top of the cage. Christian escaped after Rhino gored him through the door, which flew off it's hinges. The barbed wire came into play during the match. The crowd was really into the match live and the finish came off well.

*Christopher Daniels won the TNA X-Division championship from AJ Styles during a Three-Way Dance with Chris Sabin. Christian Cage returned with his head bandaged and gets on the apron. Styles dropkicks him off the apron. Styles battle outside the ring while Daniels pins Sabin for the belt with a rollup off a Cradleshock reversal. After the match, Styles and Daniels had words in the ring, but eventually shook hands..

*Kurt Angle defeated Abyss via submission with the Anklelock. Abyss tapped after surviving for about a minute. Before the match, Jim Mitchell brought out a wheelbarrow full of thumbtacks and spread them out in front of the announcing table. After the match, Samoa Joe hit the ring as Angle was celebrating. They brawl outside the ring, where Joe cracks Angle with a chair. Joe tossed Angle back in the ring. Abyss and Joe face off, then both double up on Angle. The lights go out and Sting rappells down from the rafters to the announce table. He hits a crossbody onto Abyss, who takes a bump into the tacks on the floor. Sting and Abyss brawl to the back, leaving Joe in the ring with Angle. Joe puts Angle in the Anklelock. He headbutts Angle, busting him open. Joe chokes him out, then wiped Angle's blood upon himself.

*We never got to see what Eric Young's announcement was, by the way.

They are interrupted by the Voodoo Kin Mafia (The returning James Gang), who come out with new music. Kazarian said, "It's not time yet" and they left. BG James took the mic and says they are back for one reason, for "creative control." He said they have permission to do anything they please, and are "declaring war" on "Michael Hickenbottom, Paul Levesque, and Vincent Kennedy McMahon." Kip James gets the mic and says that eight years ago, they were told they weren't good enough to be in "the group" but they ended up saving it. They said "that entity" is now back, but is sinking worse then the Titanic. They called them, "the two biggest pieces of sh**." BG says that by air, sea, or land, they are going to bring "the war to their front door."

GO AWAY!!!!!!

Looks like the show ends on a high note, at least.

If by "high note" you mean "job the #1 contender" and "devalue the ankle lock in its debut", okay.

Sounds like WCW 2000 is back, baby. Switch that X Title around Every Week so the entire roster can get it!

Once SoCal Val "accidently" wins the X-title and Russo calls a "meeting" in the ring we'll almost be there.

They are interrupted by the Voodoo Kin Mafia (The returning James Gang), who come out with new music. Kazarian said, "It's not time yet" and they left. BG James took the mic and says they are back for one reason, for "creative control." He said they have permission to do anything they please, and are "declaring war" on "Michael Hickenbottom, Paul Levesque, and Vincent Kennedy McMahon." Kip James gets the mic and says that eight years ago, they were told they weren't good enough to be in "the group" but they ended up saving it. They said "that entity" is now back, but is sinking worse then the Titanic. They called them, "the two biggest pieces of sh**." BG says that by air, sea, or land, they are going to bring "the war to their front door."

GO AWAY!!!!!!

Looks like the show ends on a high note, at least.

So if DX is shit than that makes BG= corn nibblet and Kip = peanut.

*"Fight for the Right" Tournament Final: Abyss won the "Fight for the Right" tournament, defeating AJ Styles. There was a referee bump, which brought out Christian Cage. Cage claimed to be the rightful number one contender and laid both men out with chairshots. Cage left. The referee recovered both competitors out on the mat with a 10 count. Other referees came to the ring, which led to re-start. Jim Mitchell tried to use the bag of thumbtacks, but Daniels prevents him. Chris Sabin hit the ring and interfered. Abyss hit the Black Hole Slam for the pin. Abyss will face Angle on the primetime debut and will challenge Sting at Genesis. After the match, Jay Lethal, Jerry Lynn, and Sonjay Dutt all come to the ring to confront Sabin about interfering. Sabin blew them off.

LMAO

Holy shit thats a lot of shit and interferance going on in that match. Russo is already booking clusterfucks.

They sound like a good couple of shows, despite all the interferring and what not.

And the James Gang bit sounds shit, i thought they were taking time off, not a weeek off. Just leave it be.

And i wish they hadnt jobbed out Abyss, now he looks crap and not as good as Angle going into the PPV. Theres now nothing to make me want to watch the match.

EDIT: Now that Bentley and Kazarian are in Ravens flock, does that mean there gonna start winning matches?

Raven's Flock is going to be great if they let them be corny and crazy like the Dungeon of Doom but knowing TNA they will job them out like they doing with Paparazzi productions.

Are Starr and Shelly going to be called Paperazzi? Or will they go the WWE route and just call them Alex Shelley and Austin Starr?

Well, if nothing else there was no Pole Match this week, other than that everything is Russo at his best/worst. There has to be something ranging anywhere from 'dumb' to 'mind-numbingly retarded' in nearly every paragraph of those spoilers.

Nobody writes bad wrestling quite like Vince Russo.

Guest Coffey
They sound like a good couple of shows.
  • the James Gang bit sounds shit
  • i wish they hadnt jobbed out Abyss
  • now he looks crap
  • Theres now nothing to make me want to watch the match

This entire post was a contradiction. Look, even if you're trying to be optimistic, this show certainly doesn't sound good.

You say it sounds good, then say "James Gang bit sounds shit," "I wish they hadn't jobbed out Abyss, now he looks crap," & "now there's nothing to make me want to watch the [PPV] match."

We got worked shoots that smarks don't give a fuck about that'll just confuse the marks. We got multiple run-ins and all the other Russo BS. A confusing tournament where the winner becomes a jobber heading into the PPV. Multiple, devaluing title changes. Constant, confusing, uncalled for match stipulations. There's also people quitting or getting fired or retiring or whatever...and then just being there like it never happened.

Hell, even if you over look ALL of that...reading the spoilers, with Eric Young coming out to open, then coming out later...it's like the show was building to his BIG announcement. Then, guess what? IT NEVER GOT MADE!

This shit sucks.

Why has Rhino lost ever match in his feud with Christian?

Because no one gives two shits about Rhino.

Yup, TNA still sucks.

Indeed and it's sad to watch. I don't know if back during the masturbating midget and Cheex squash match days if it was this bad. Of course, you'll still get people saying "wait 'til you see it before judging it" and all that other nonsense bullshit. I'll never understand the constant optimistic. Shit is shit. It doesn't matter if it's green or brown.

Pay-Per-View quality, indeed. :rolleyes:

they were told they weren't good enough

It still holds true today The James Gang is not on Shane Douglas, Konnan, 3D, Raven, Kurt Angle, Sting, Christian, Joe, Eric Young, Alex Shelley, hell not even on Simon Diamond's level on the mic. You can do a shoot "cool heel" promo attacking WWF or WCW but I won't care, you can do a "That's my daddy" face promo but I won't care, you can stand in the rafters and say you're going to jump but I won't care. Let's face facts the Armstrong curse lives and you can't escape it.

Guest Canadian Crippler64

Jobbing Abyss on the last show before the PPV is ridiculous.

That being said, the show is obviously being built around Joe and Angle, and give TNA credit for doing that feud well so far. I wish they had not used Abyss for Angle's opponent, but other than that...I have no complaints about that storyline.

I hope that I am right about the fact that the multiple switches of the X Division title was just an attempt by Russo (albeit a terrible one) to re-focus the division around those three guys...Sabin, Daniels and Styles. I don't know why the belt had to flip so much, but hopefully this will be the last of it. Personally, I would have just had Styles win the belt from Senshi and then feud with Sabin. Daniels could have been brought into the mix later to further the storyline.

For those who aren't long-time watchers of TNA, I can't entirely fault the thought process, even though the execution was BRUTAL!

Back in 2005 Petey Williams, Sabin, Daniels and Styles tore the house down together for months in some of the better matches in TNA history, and if they are going to try and re-create that, then I am all for it.

I must agree though that the booking is eerily similar to the dying days of WCW, and that scares me...It should scare TNA too.

Two things are now clear, more than ever. First, TNA is run by idiots. While Russo is part of the problem, he wouldn't be if Dixie, Jeff and the rest of the crackpots had realized that Russo is a one-trick pony, and had thought outside the box for someone to bring on board. Second, Vince Russo will forever think it's 1998. He had is only success back then, and he keeps trying to recreate it time after time. He's been around for barely a month and it's clear that he hasn't changed one bit. He's still trying to replicate what worked in 1998 and isn't the least bit interested or able to adapt and move with the times.

We got worked shoots that smarks don't give a fuck about that'll just confuse the marks.

Not saying its a great storyline at all but how in the hell will "BG and Kip being pissed at Michaels and HHH for taking the DX name all to themselves and declaring war on VKM" confuse anyone? People watching the show that don't follow it on the internet aren't all braindead morons.

We got worked shoots that smarks don't give a fuck about that'll just confuse the marks.

Not saying its a great storyline at all but how in the hell will "BG and Kip being pissed at Michaels and HHH for taking the DX name all to themselves and declaring war on VKM" confuse anyone? People watching the show that don't follow it on the internet aren't all braindead morons.

But they might not know HHH and Shawn Michael's real names, thus not even know who they're talking about.

At least with WWE, you know that Vince is senile with the kids not caring because they know the company can stay alive on name value for another 10 years at least bearing any major disaster. What's TNA's excuse for being inept? It's not Russo. Russo has only been involved for 1/4 of the TNA run. Dixie is a smart businesswoman, that's not a question but she's not a wrestling promoter. The one and only guy that can get all the credit/blame for this is a guy whom is worse then Kevin Nash is. Nash is just a smart guy who knows what he is doing but doesn't care what happens to others. I think even the most vicious Nash haters (HTQ) will admit that Kevin Nash is a brilliant guy in terms of knowing the business even if he doesn't neccesarily do it.

Jeff Jarrett is just an all around idiot who really thinks he's doing it right.

It's the same old song but Jeff Jarrett still runs the operation and he's crashing into every wall in the way and once they get something going, he throws it all in reverse.

I think even the most vicious Nash haters (HTQ) will admit that Kevin Nash is a brilliant guy in terms of knowing the business even if he doesn't neccesarily do it.

Nash knows his own corner of the business very well, I'll say that much.

Voodoo Kin Mafia

See- Voodoo Kin Mafia= VKM= which are the initials of Vincent Kennedy McMahon.

Amazing

I'm surprised that was the best thing they could come up with.

Dear god do these shows sound horrible.... but in a good way.