TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EdwardKnoxII

Incredible Hulk Movie Announced for June 27, 2008

http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=90108

Press Release

The Incredible Hulk to Smash into Theaters June 27, 2008

Legendary Marvel Super Hero to Return to the Big Screen in All-New, Action-Packed Adaptation Hitting Summer 2008

HOLLYWOOD--Nov. 6, 2006--You WILL like him when he's angry! Marvel Studios and Universal Pictures will unleash Marvel's renowned, larger-than-life green Super Hero onto moviegoers everywhere in summer 2008 as they have announced a June 27th release date for the action-packed, new big screen adaptation: The Incredible Hulk. The announcement was made today by Michael Helfant, President and COO, Marvel Studios and Kevin Feige, President of Production for Marvel Studios.

Directed by top rising star Louis Leterrier (Transporter 2, Unleashed), The Incredible Hulk will return to the roots of the long-running comic series, combining a well-developed storyline with incredible action and fun. Zak Penn, who previously collaborated with Marvel on X2 and this summer's smash hit X-Men: The Last Stand, is writing the script. The project is being produced by Avi Arad, Kevin Feige and Gale Anne Hurd and will be executive produced by Michael Helfant, David Womark, and Ari Arad. Marvel Studios is currently casting the project.

The Incredible Hulk is being independently produced by Marvel Studios through its $525 million, non-recourse film finance facility and will be distributed domestically and in several international territories by Universal Pictures.

Feige commented, "The Incredible Hulk will be the type of fun, high-octane event film people have come to expect from Marvel. We could not be more excited about this project and our summer 2008 prospects now that we have both our green goliath and our highly-anticipated Iron Man set for release."

Helfant added, "We're very happy that Universal is distributing The Incredible Hulk. We have a history together and this is a great opportunity for both Marvel and Universal to take the Hulk film franchise to another level."

About Marvel Entertainment, Inc.

With a library of over 5,000 characters, Marvel Entertainment, Inc. (NYSE: MVL) is one of the world's most prominent character-based entertainment companies. Marvel's operations are focused on utilizing its character franchises in licensing, entertainment, publishing and toys. Areas of emphasis include feature films, DVD/home video,

consumer products, video games, action figures and role-playing toys, television and promotions. Rooted in the creative success of over sixty years of comic book publishing, Marvel's strategy is to leverage its character franchises in a growing array of opportunities around the world. . For more information visit www.marvel.com.

Except for any historical information that they contain, the statements in this news release regarding Marvel's plans are forward-looking statements that are subject to certain risks and uncertainties, including unexpected delays in the production of The Incredible Hulk film or that Marvel may be delayed in meeting its lender's conditions for funding The Incredible Hulk film under its film slate facility. These and other risks and uncertainties are

described in Marvel's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including Marvel's Annual Reports on Form 10-K, Quarterly Reports on Form 10-Q and Current Reports on Form 8-K. Marvel assumes no obligation to publicly update or revise any forward-looking statements.

& ©: 2006 Marvel Entertainment, Inc. and subsidiaries, all rights reserved. Super Heroes is a co-owned registered trademark.

Oh but the last one was soooooooo bad...

I won't be waiting in line for this

:angry:

We're not friends anymore.

I'm looking forward to this. A while ago there was a weak rumor they were looking at Dominic Purcell from Prison Break to star.

The first one kicked all types of ass. I suspect this one will suck as they will try to go completely opposite of the beautifully done thing that Ang Lee produced. .

So I'm confused... is this a sequel to the movie that came out a couple years ago, or are they pressing the reset button? I can't see many people caring either way after that horrible, horrible movie they just made.

I appreciated what Ang was trying to do, I just think his execution wasn't very good. The ending was right out of an episode of Power Rangers, half the fight scenes looked like they were lit by a lantern, and some of the poetic scenes were just creepy. I did enjoy the comic book style cuts and the desert/city scene was pretty good, but there was a lot more that was poorly executed to me than was perfectly set.

Plus I didn't buy Bana as the Hulk. When he was angry or not, he acted exactly the same. There was no difference. And Connelly was just coasting her way to a paycheck.

We'll see.

:angry:

We're not friends anymore.

I'm looking forward to this. A while ago there was a weak rumor they were looking at Dominic Purcell from Prison Break to star.

:wub:

God damn it.

I want Captain America for fucks sakes.

agreed.

they really didn't need to do a remake...they could have just done a sequel with a bit more HULK SMASH

umm. different writer. different director. a deliberate attempt to not repeat the tone of the first one.

With all that in mind, why would the quality of the Ang Lee film have any bearing on if you'll see this one or not?

I understand that differen names are involved, but the name Hulk was stained because of it. People were wondering if Batman would work again after the Joel disaster, thankfully it was kickass.

The first movie was just too boring. I could not make myself care for Banner's relationship with the girl. The previews were all HULK SMASH, and he didn't even turn till 40 minutes into the movie. Not that it had to be all mindless action, but everything but that was bad.

Movie-going audiences won't understand "different writers, different director," tho. It's another Hulk movie and the last one was crap.

The Batman Begins ad campaign was heavily based around the fact that it was a franchise reboot, and it was still wasn't that big of a success.

Movie-going audiences won't understand "different writers, different director," tho. It's another Hulk movie and the last one was crap.

The Batman Begins ad campaign was heavily based around the fact that it was a franchise reboot, and it was still wasn't that big of a success.

Batman Begins:

Domestic: $205,343,774 55.2%

+ Foreign: $166,510,009 44.8%

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

= Worldwide: $371,853,783

All time domestic gross: 67

All time world gross: 93

Yeah, it certainly wasn't a success.

Hulk was really good. At least it had a story. It shouldn't be all action. The last X-men movie was crap, cause the story was stupid.

The Hulk movie had some really bad stuff and really good...I liked the realistic little touches that Lee gave the film, especially with the tanks and copters...but the mutant poodles just about ruined the movie. I hope that it's considered a sequel and Bana makes it back..I would like to see more of the Hulk in a fight against Mandroids and The Abomination than half the film building to him becoming the monster...just give him the power and get on with it..

I'd like Bana to return. Otherwise they'll probably just hire whoever is popular at the moment. I don't want to see like Patrick Dempsey as the Hulk.

PATRICK DEMPSEY IS POPULAR????

The biggest thing that bugged me about the Hulk movie besides the fact that it was mind numbingly dull was the origin of the character. I understand small things needed to change but this one was nothing like what was in the comics.

Spiderman remained bitten by a radioactive spider it was an awesome movie

Daredevil's origin was changed, and the movie sucked hot sweaty Afleck ass.

See the connection? And to the people who want a Captain America movie, the last movie was so atrociously bad I could never imagine seeing another one.

I don't see the connestion because there isn't one. The only change they made was making Kingpin responcible for Jack Murdock's murder. The origin was handled fine. Daredevil sucked because the love story didn't work, and the action scenes were disappointing. The Director's Cut fixed those problems.

The biggest thing that bugged me about the Hulk movie besides the fact that it was mind numbingly dull was the origin of the character. I understand small things needed to change but this one was nothing like what was in the comics.

Spiderman remained bitten by a radioactive spider it was an awesome movie

Daredevil's origin was changed, and the movie sucked hot sweaty Afleck ass.

See the connection? And to the people who want a Captain America movie, the last movie was so atrociously bad I could never imagine seeing another one.

I don't see the connestion because there isn't one. The only change they made was making Kingpin responcible for Jack Murdock's murder. The origin was handled fine. Daredevil sucked because the love story didn't work, and the action scenes were disappointing. The Director's Cut fixed those problems.

The Director's Cut was a much better film too.

I actually liked the way that they changed the Hulk's origin. I mean, open-air nuclear tests are a thing of the past, so it'd have looked kinda silly for them to be doing that. Yet they managed to have his origin be pretty close (Banner throws himself in path of nuclear experiment to save bystander), and then they built on that. I liked how they mentioned that his genetics were different as a result of the stuff his father did, so Banner was affected by the gamma blast differently then anyone else would have been.

Though I agree that they should just do a sequel, not a re-boot. A re-boot means they have to tell the origin again; a sequel means they can jump right into the action. And seriously, it's THE HULK. If there's gonna be any superhero movie that's just smash-em-up violence, it should be the Hulk.

Matt Murdoch became Daredevil when he saved an old man from being run over by a truck and chemicals fell off the back of it. In the movie he was almost hit by a forklift because he was thinking "OMG my daddy breaks legs for the criminals!! He's not such a good guy after all!" standing in the middle of the god damn road causing the forklift to swerve.

First origin is self sacrifice. Second origin is blatant stupidity.

*EDIT*

And the first post was 95% joking.

Fair enough, but he didn't save an old man in the comics, he saved a blind man. The blindness then transferred from the guy he saved to him because of the chemicals. THAT'S stupid.

And KR is right, the director's cut was a much better film.

I liked The Hulk, but yeah I can see why some people didn't like it (too slow, mutant poodles. etc) My beef was that they changed it so now

The Absorbing Man was his dad.

COME ON!!!

I hope Bana comes back too so he can fight The Abomination and / or The Leader.

The daredevil directors cut was much better than the theatrical one, it actually had a plot.

I hated the film in cinemas, i nearly walked out and cried.

I'd like Bana to return. Otherwise they'll probably just hire whoever is popular at the moment. I don't want to see like Patrick Dempsey as the Hulk.

That dumb show he's on is.

That dumb show he's on is.

I wouldn't know.

The Ang Lee Hulk was one of the most unbearably stupid and boring movies I've sat through in a theatre. Two of my friends walked out when we saw it.

I'll probably go to see this anyway, depending on how the trailers look when they're done.

The theatrical cut of Daredevil sucks a big one but the director's cut is much better in just about every way.