TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Agent of Oblivion

NFL Discussion Forumtable

Guest Queen Leelee

Unfortunately, this also probably means Domanick Davis or Williams' career is over. A shame. He made the most of his abilities. Always ran hard. And wrecked his body playing every down for those years.

i keep thinking porter to the raiders would be a natural fit. supposedly garcia didnt sign with the raiders because his demand to not draft russell was shot down. no shit, jeffrey.

Guest Oedipus Rex

I just heard that rumor on The Score, but they didn't confirm it yet. I don't know about this one, guys. Benson might have taken himself out of the Super Bowl.

Guest Oedipus Rex

I liked Benson in short yardage situations, but he has such a shitty personality that the platoon wasn't gonna last anyway.

Bears and Jets switched 2nd round picks. That's IT? That's a DUMP. There has to be more than "we'll give you our most important offensive player for your slightly higher second round draft pick." We go from 63 to 59 and lose Thomas Jones. Brilliant.

Guest Oedipus Rex

I didn't see that on the list I saw, but okay. Still not enough to justify the trade.

I liked Benson in short yardage situations, but he has such a shitty personality that the platoon wasn't gonna last anyway.

Bears and Jets switched 2nd round picks. That's IT? That's a DUMP. There has to be more than "we'll give you our most important offensive player for your slightly higher second round draft pick." We go from 63 to 59 and lose Thomas Jones. Brilliant.

Don't be silly. The dump was necessary. Thomas Jones is not good enough to be the "most important offensive player". Cedric Benson may suck, but they are paying him a lot of money. Too much money to be used for "short yardage situations".

Guest Oedipus Rex

We need that money to pay Lance Briggs to pout about having to play with Brian Urlacher on the NFC champions. Life is hard.

Guest Oedipus Rex

Yeah, and he's hopping mad. He wants the tag rescinded or he'll hold out.

New QBs coach came over from the 49ers today, I guess.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

I'm not very disappointed about losing Jones, actually. RB is probably the Bears' deepest position, with a 1st rounder, and the most capable utility guy in the league in Peterson backing it up. Jones is going to sssssssssuck on the Jets, too. He's not getting any younger, he hops a lot, and he's progressively getting more and more dinged up. It's only a matter of time before he gets legit hurt bigtime. Plus, I think Benson will play a lot harder now that he's going to start.

Guest Oedipus Rex

I think the Bears can cope, but don't you think we should've gotten more for Thomas Jones than the right to swap second-round picks?

I'm not very disappointed about losing Jones, actually. RB is probably the Bears' deepest position, with a 1st rounder, and the most capable utility guy in the league in Peterson backing it up. Jones is going to sssssssssuck on the Jets, too. He's not getting any younger, he hops a lot, and he's progressively getting more and more dinged up. It's only a matter of time before he gets legit hurt bigtime. Plus, I think Benson will play a lot harder now that he's going to start.

He didn't start getting many carries till like his 4th season in the NFL. His first 3 seasons, he had like as many carries as Larry Johnson had this past year. He'll be fine with the Jets, especially with Leon Washington backing him up. The only reason the Bears traded him was because they had to. They are paying Benson a ton of money, and they're a cheap organization to begin with, so they weren't going to pay Jones to split carries. He wanted out as well since they wouldn't renew his contract.

Guest Queen Leelee

I'm surprised at the acceptance of this move by you Bears fans.

You have supreme talent defensively. This doesn't come along that often. You had a strong run game.

Now, on offense, you're relying on Rex Grossman and Cedric Benson. Rex Grossman. Cedric Benson. Good luck.

Dolphins continue to drastically overhaul the team:

1) trade Wes Welker to the Pats for undisclosed draft picks (rumored to be their 2007 2nd & 7th round picks). Boo :( :( :( :( :(

2) sign former GB TE David Martin

3) release QB Joey Harrington

4) release TE Randy McMichael (!!!)

Unfortunately, this also probably means Domanick Davis or Williams' career is over. A shame. He made the most of his abilities. Always ran hard. And wrecked his body playing every down for those years.

...that and the reports that he's going to need more surgery on his knee

Guest Tzar Lysergic

Get a big tackle to eat blocks and that might be one of the better pass rush groups in the league. Bradykillers!

Thomas Jones signed an extension with the Jets. It'll be 4 years, 20 million, with a 12 million signing bonus. Pretty good.

Very cool. An extended contract with a team that's legitimately excited to have him should cut down on any attitude problems Jones might have.