TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Agent of Oblivion

NFL Discussion Forumtable

Get a big tackle to eat blocks and that might be one of the better pass rush groups in the league. Bradykillers!

That may be the ONLY thing they'll have going for them because that offense needs MAJOR work (they cut a solid TE and traded one of their up and coming receivers). They'll probably battle Buffalo for the AFC East basement again.

Two items I was greeted with upon getting on the ol information superhighway today:

1) Jamal Lewis is apparently looking seriously at the Browns and hes visiting the team first.

LOL..if any team has fond memories of when Jamal was actually good, it'd be the Browns.

2) The Ravens are interested McGahee

no

Guest Queen Leelee

Yeah, few rumors about McGahee to BAL for a 3rd. I doubt Willis will be happy there either... but, he'd be an improvement on what you guys have.

Bills looking at Chris Brown... ugh.

Yeah, few rumors about McGahee to BAL for a 3rd. I doubt Willis will be happy there either... but, he'd be an improvement on what you guys have.

Bills looking at Chris Brown... ugh.

well I heard they want the Ravens first round pick, but its like really late in the first. I still think they could get Hunt with the pick though, but apparently it seems the concensus is go for it.

On the browns thing some more..they have a good enough draft pick they could probably get Peterson in the draft. You cant tell me that a team would pass up on him for Jamal..esp since the "Browns need a QB!!" thing has to be ignored out of the first round pick because I think we all know they'll draft Troy Smith later..

Guest Queen Leelee

I've seen Willis + 4th for the Ravens 1st. I don't think that's realistic, though. Willis' value is plummeting. Everyone knows he won't be back in Buffalo.

The Browns need a lot of things, though. And even though I think Peterson is a total stud, putting a top 5 pick on him is risky considering his durability.

Troy Smith will be a bust.

Not sure how he can even get up high enough to be considered for the bust tag. Right now, Troy has the "great college quarterback, not NFL material" feeling hanging over him. I say the bust will be Brady Quinn. I really have nothing to base this but I'm still saying Brady is the bust.

If anything, Quinn will be solid if unspectacular (like Leinart last year) and Russell will be the bust. A cannon arm and mobility didn't help Vick or Culpepper become great QBs and this guy looks like he could easily eat himself into a lineman's weight any day of the week.

Guest Queen Leelee

Russell is more of a Leaf-type than the other two. Not really a runner. Huge, and a much bigger arm than the other two.

Quinn has the feel of a bust to me. Or, at least, weak 1st round value. He gets rattled under pressure. And he rarely had effective games against competitive teams. Racked up most of his stats vs. bottom feeders.

If anything, Quinn will be solid if unspectacular (like Leinart last year) and Russell will be the bust. A cannon arm and mobility didn't help Vick or Culpepper become great QBs and this guy looks like he could easily eat himself into a lineman's weight any day of the week.

Pretending that Culpepper wasn't one of the leagues best Quarterbacks for quite a few seasons requires you to only look at his last two years and ignore everything else.

Daunte had 3 good years ('00, '03 & '04), 1 of which was legitimately great ('04), but the other 4 he's played were terrible or close to it. With his injury history and Moss free existence since his one legendary year he's barely a decent QB these days. He peaked at 27, but will likely stay in the league into his mid to late 30's unless his legs are completely shot.

Well, the Bills have dealt McGahee to the Ravens officially now.

Buffalo gets Baltimore's 3rd and 7th round pick, and their 3rd round next year.

You think they'd be able to get a little more than that for McGahee. He has the skill set to be a top 10 back if he ever gets behind a decent offensive line. Third round picks are nice, but you are usually picking up depth at that point, not impact players.

Russell is more of a Leaf-type

Brutal.

Its true though.

What is the Raiders reasoning for not drafting Johnson #1 overall. He seems clearly the most talented player in the draft at this point and he definitely fills a need for them on and off the field. I'm just curious why it has never been considered when it seems on paper to be such an obvious pick for them to make.

The Raiders problem isn't anything but coaching and coordinating.

Yeah, that sounds really stupid, but it's the truth. Their offense was archaic last year.

Russell is more of a Leaf-type

Brutal.

Its true though.

What is the Raiders reasoning for not drafting Johnson #1 overall. He seems clearly the most talented player in the draft at this point and he definitely fills a need for them on and off the field. I'm just curious why it has never been considered when it seems on paper to be such an obvious pick for them to make.

They have plenty of capable receivers. Johnson wouldn't help them at all in that regard. They need to fix the offense first before worrying about skill position upgrades. Their problem was schemes and coaching, not the talent.

Guest Queen Leelee
You think they'd be able to get a little more than that for McGahee. He has the skill set to be a top 10 back if he ever gets behind a decent offensive line. Third round picks are nice, but you are usually picking up depth at that point, not impact players.

The Bills had an efficient run blocking line last year. The fat scrubs they picked up were to build a "smashmouth" team.

Fact: Anthony Thomas was the better back in 2006. Every Bills fan would agree with this.

Most of the NFL overrates Willis. Most analysts are saying the Bills are crazy for giving up on Willis this early. The Bills had zero choice. Willis never wanted to be in Western New York. He keeps fluctuating his weight, and losing his skills.

2 3rd round picks, Marvin did very well. The Bills had no leverage here. Every team knew Willis wasn't going to play in Buffalo next year.

Now, please don't sign someone like Chris Brown. Thanks.

I don't think it's that obvious. They already have Moss and Porter on the roster, and Moss has a salary of like 9.5 million or something equally ridiculous this year. Tying up so much salary in one position is probably not a good idea.

In terms of needs, tthey have needs everywhere. They have a terrible offensive line and no quarterback, so either of those two spots seems more important to fill than grabbing a third WR.

Edit: Cheech beat me to this.

I wouldn't give up on Andrew Walter JUST YET, but I could see how others would.

I think that Andrew Walter could be a serviceable QB in the league, but when you have the no. 1 overall pick you have the opportunity to get an impact player that can change the fortunes of your franchise. I'm not sure Russell or Quinn is that guy, but I can see how you'd be pressured to select one of them.

But neither Porter nor Moss are on good terms with the Raiders nor really reliable at this point. Between suspensions and injuries how much time did they miss last year. With so many question marks about both QBs (Quinn & Russell) and so many question marks with your top two WRs, wouldn't it make more sense to take the most talented player in the draft #1.

I am deeply unsettled by the suggestion that anyone other than Tampa Bay will be taking Calvin Johnson. Are we just not doing the Cleveland/Tampa coin toss anymore, because it seems like ESPN has conceded the 3rd pick to the Browns. I'm not concerned about Oakland or Detroit, but Cleveland worries me, especially since they're no longer a mortal lock to take RB with their 1st round pick.

The Bills had an efficient run blocking line last year. The fat scrubs they picked up were to build a "smashmouth" team.

Fact: Anthony Thomas was the better back in 2006. Every Bills fan would agree with this.

Most of the NFL overrates Willis. Most analysts are saying the Bills are crazy for giving up on Willis this early. The Bills had zero choice. Willis never wanted to be in Western New York. He keeps fluctuating his weight, and losing his skills.

2 3rd round picks, Marvin did very well. The Bills had no leverage here. Every team knew Willis wasn't going to play in Buffalo next year.

Now, please don't sign someone like Chris Brown. Thanks.

I Dont know how the Ravens did good out of this..Id have rather they drafted a RB then taking some teams unwanted luggage off of them. And a 3rd/7th this year and a 3rd next year, to me, is a pretty steep price considering how well the Ravens usually draft. Plus, if they dont manage to resign him to a long term deal, then they really got hosed.

We'll see.

I am deeply unsettled by the suggestion that anyone other than Tampa Bay will be taking Calvin Johnson. Are we just not doing the Cleveland/Tampa coin toss anymore, because it seems like ESPN has conceded the 3rd pick to the Browns. I'm not concerned about Oakland or Detroit, but Cleveland worries me, especially since they're no longer a mortal lock to take RB with their 1st round pick.

Cleveland did win the toss. Tampa is the 4th pick. Sorry.