TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Agent of Oblivion

NFL Discussion Forumtable

Guest Queen Leelee
The Giants traded Tim Carter for Reuben Droughns.

Is that "doing something", lol?

Heh. I guess the Giants really, really don't want Jacobs as their every down back.

I really, really hope that they try to make Droughns their every down back.

But only because I hate the Giants, see.

Just to expand on the Chargers new uniforms. They will be officially unveiled on Wednesday. Here is the preview pic from the article I read.

SDCnewuni.jpg

The Chargers will also be using white helmets with yellow lightning bolts

I Dont know how the Ravens did good out of this..Id have rather they drafted a RB then taking some teams unwanted luggage off of them. And a 3rd/7th this year and a 3rd next year, to me, is a pretty steep price considering how well the Ravens usually draft. Plus, if they dont manage to resign him to a long term deal, then they really got hosed.

We'll see.

You don't see how this is a good deal for the Ravens? They just majorly upgraded their running game and last time I checked the Ravens liked to run the football. McGahee isn't just someone else's garbage. He's very close to being an elite back. He was jettisoned because the Bills are too cheap to pay him.

Wes Welker just got traded for a #2 and a #7. Two 3s and a 7 isn't exactly a king's ransom.

Wow, what a fucking idiot.

I would wipe my ass with that third round pick if it got my team a good running back.

Losing the 3 picks wont be that bad if they sign him to an extention, but trading 3 guys who would be around for several years for 1 guy who only plays 1 year is stupid. Plus Id rather have had Tony Hunt myself. I suppose they could still draft him but thats stupid now.

The Ravens are trying to win a championship. They are old.

No reason to hold onto a few lottery tickets when you can fix a problem that they've had for two seasons.

Guest Vitamin X
Maybe Green Bay just plans to match a rookie up with Morency/Herron.

Wasn't someone bringing up the point a few weeks back that Favre is much better when he has an accomplished RB to hand off to? I guess they are trying to disprove that theory.

Yes, that was me, and I actually used that as reasoning FOR dumping Ahman Green since he was slipping majorly and I felt they could benefit from bringing in a stud rookie RB.

I don't like the uniform either. Especially with white pants.

I think it looks practically the same, except with a patch of white and lightning bolt slapped on the sleeve.

The white helmet will be cool, though.

Is the problem fixed though.

With their offensive line, it should be. Jamal Lewis was the worst "power" running back around. Dude had the choppiest feet of any player I've ever seen. It took him 10 steps to get 2 yards.

Guest Eagle Man
Odd that fans of other teams are telling the Chargers what they want to see.

(directed to Eagle Man, because he didn't vote for me.)

I thought Chargers fans wanted powder blue. I do!

Guest Queen Leelee
I Dont know how the Ravens did good out of this..Id have rather they drafted a RB then taking some teams unwanted luggage off of them. And a 3rd/7th this year and a 3rd next year, to me, is a pretty steep price considering how well the Ravens usually draft. Plus, if they dont manage to resign him to a long term deal, then they really got hosed.

We'll see.

You don't see how this is a good deal for the Ravens? They just majorly upgraded their running game and last time I checked the Ravens liked to run the football. McGahee isn't just someone else's garbage. He's very close to being an elite back. He was jettisoned because the Bills are too cheap to pay him.

Lalala.

forums.thesmartmarks.com: Where we mindlessly babble and have no conversation with anyone.

Not if McGahee doesnt agree to a contract extension and he leaves after this season. And all I can think of is, why would a team like the Bills with no other viable option at RB trade away such a supposedly great potential talent for mere draft picks even if they did know he was going to leave anyway. If he's so great and all youd think they would put more effort into getting a deal done or something..

Id say this is the Ravens 2nd of 3 years with a shot at going to the Super Bowl. If they dont make it after next year, they're going to be in trouble if they dont have good drafts the next two years and get their salary cap situation fixed somehow. McNair will probably be gone, and some big named guys on the defense will be on the declining portions of their careers.

Odd that fans of other teams are telling the Chargers what they want to see.

(directed to Eagle Man, because he didn't vote for me.)

I thought Chargers fans wanted powder blue. I do!

They do, I admit that. Well I mean, Hektik can tell you or not. He's the true resident Chargers fan. He's got the avy and all!

I think wearing the powder blues every game would make them less special. I like the arrangement they have now. Right now it is their 3rd alternate jersey that they wear twice a year (for their HOF game and an NBC game). It is almost like football formal wear that they break out on special occasions.

I'm liking the new uniforms. I like that they went to a gold bolt with a powder blue outline. It gives it a nice little touch. I love that they are going back to white helmets. Not quite sure about the font they used for the numbers. Maybe it will grow on me.

Not if McGahee doesnt agree to a contract extension and he leaves after this season. And all I can think of is, why would a team like the Bills with no other viable option at RB trade away such a supposedly great potential talent for mere draft picks even if they did know he was going to leave anyway. If he's so great and all youd think they would put more effort into getting a deal done or something..

Id say this is the Ravens 2nd of 3 years with a shot at going to the Super Bowl. If they dont make it after next year, they're going to be in trouble if they dont have good drafts the next two years and get their salary cap situation fixed somehow. McNair will probably be gone, and some big named guys on the defense will be on the declining portions of their careers.

Come on Marvin, they wouldn't have traded for the guy without the framework for a contract in place.

From Profootballtalk.com:

POSTED 3:13 p.m. EST; LAST UPDATED 4:05 p.m. EST, March 8, 2007

McGAHEE DEAL: SEVEN YEARS, $40.12 MILLION

We're told that the Ravens and running back Willis McGahee are very close to agreeing on a seven-year deal worth $40.12 million.

As we previously explained, McGahee will receive $7.5 million to sign, an initial option bonus of $6 million, and a second option bonus of $1.5 million. The salaries are $595,000 in 2007, $605,000 in 2008, $620,000 in 2009, $3.6 million in 2010, $6.0 million in 2011, $6.5 million in 2012, and $7.2 million in 2013.

Since McGahee was due to earn $2.155 million in 2007, the deal is essentially a six-year extension worth $37.965 million.

If the Ravens cut McGahee before the back-end salaries kick in, he will earn a total of $20.42 million over four years.

Guest Eagle Man
I think wearing the powder blues every game would make them less special. I like the arrangement they have now. Right now it is their 3rd alternate jersey that they wear twice a year (for their HOF game and an NBC game). It is almost like football formal wear that they break out on special occasions.

I'm liking the new uniforms. I like that they went to a gold bolt with a powder blue outline. It gives it a nice little touch. I love that they are going back to white helmets. Not quite sure about the font they used for the numbers. Maybe it will grow on me.

It looks like Agency, which is what the similarly navy-and-gold-clad Pacers just started using. Personally, I wanted gold numbers on powder blue with gold pants, to bring back the vintage Chargers colors and sort of emulate the old Los Angeles Rams at the same time as well.

Guest Queen Leelee

I've said why the Bills dumped Willis.

Nobody fucking reads here.

Leena's sadly right. You'd all be right if he'd never gotten injured at the end of his college days. Shame, because I really wanted to see how he'd do in the NFL.

The Patriots' aggressive offseason approach landed another target, as the team and wide receiver Donte' Stallworth have agreed to terms on a contract.

ESPN first reported the agreement, which has since been confirmed.

ESPN has reported that the deal is a six-year contract potentially worth more than $30 million, with $12 million in bonuses. We have been unable to confirm those details, although the deal is likely similar to what the Broncos did with Javon Walker when they acquired him from the Packers prior to the 2006 season. In that scenario, the Broncos were unsure how Walker would respond from knee surgery, so they structured a long-term deal that essentially made the first year an audition of sorts.

Very nice. The report that he's in the Substance Abuse program is a bit worrysome, but it's still a good signing.

The Patriots' aggressive offseason approach landed another target, as the team and wide receiver Donte' Stallworth have agreed to terms on a contract.

ESPN first reported the agreement, which has since been confirmed.

ESPN has reported that the deal is a six-year contract potentially worth more than $30 million, with $12 million in bonuses. We have been unable to confirm those details, although the deal is likely similar to what the Broncos did with Javon Walker when they acquired him from the Packers prior to the 2006 season. In that scenario, the Broncos were unsure how Walker would respond from knee surgery, so they structured a long-term deal that essentially made the first year an audition of sorts.

Very nice. The report that he's in the Substance Abuse program is a bit worrysome, but it's still a good signing.

If I understand correctly, it comes out to $3.6 million for the first year, and then essentially every year after that is an option. Not bad at all.

Apparently the Pats have also signed WR Kelley Washington to a 5 year deal according to Mike Reiss of the Boston Globe. Sadly Ron Borges is unavailable to write about how this will sink the Pats.

I would imagine this marks the end of the Troy Brown era in New England unless they carry a 6th receiver.

Yeah 5 years and 22 mil for Washington. I believe him and Stallworth were teamates in college at Tennessee. Quite a bit of money for someone who's done little in his career.

I'd be pissed to see Troy Brown head to another team. That guy has constantly done everything asked of him and more and he's still better than Reche Caldwell and Kelly Washington even at his age. I'm not drinking the kool-aid on Brown walking being a good idea.