TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
cabbageboy

NFL Week 13

Ooof. Well, even though they won by merit of occasionally capitalizing on the Broncos' many, many mistakes, the Seahawks thankfully emerged victorious to further muddy the AFC Wild Card picture.

I can't imagine the Broncos would have lost tonight if Plummer had been at the helm.

Hopefully that's the killshot to Denver's postseason hopes. I can't take anymore Broncos games for at least a year.

Guest Felonies!

2006 will be remembered as The Year Of The Unjustified Broncos.

Oh, and preemptively, stuff it, CanadianChris. You're a nice guy, but there's no reason for these fuckers to be on TV this goddamn much.

Let's see how I did today:

Thursday 8:00:

Baltimore (9-2) vs. Cincinnati (6-5): Ravens are on a roll but the Bengals still have some life. I can't help but think the Bengals manage to win this one at home by 7. (Bengals won it by 6. 1 for 1)

Sunday 1:00:

Kansas City (7-4) at Cleveland (3-8): KC is seemingly on track and the Browns obviously suck, but I sense this will be closer than expected. Chiefs by 4. (I was right about it being close at least, blah. 1 for 2)

Detroit (2-9) at New England (8-3): This one is the closest thing to a no brainer for the week. Pats by 17. (Pats damn near lost this one at home, good call Leena. 2 for 3)

NY Jets (6-5) at Green Bay (4-7): The Jets are a very up and down team, and I have a hunch the Packers will have something left at home. Green Bay by 6. (The Packers seem to be toast. 2 for 4)

Indianapolis (10-1) at Tennessee (4-7): Are the Titans on a patented Jobber Roll? Could be possible. That said I can't in good conscience pick them here. Colts by 10. (The Titans are in fact on a Jobber Roll. God save us all. 2 for 5)

Arizona (2-9) at St. Louis (5-6): The Rams definitely need to take care of business here if they harbor any playoff hopes. Rams by 9. (What the hell happened here? 2 for 6)

Atlanta (5-6) at Washington (4-7): I have no idea what to think of this one. The Falcons are reeling at this point, so what the hell....Skins by 3. (Oh great, I finally pick against the Falcons on the week they decide to show up and play. 2 for 7...I am sucking here)

San Diego (9-2) at Buffalo (5-6): The Bills are actually pretty tough at home, could it be a possible Jobber Roll? I will go out on a slight limb here and say the Bills win in an upset by 4. (Well the Bills got pretty close here, bah. 2 for 8)

Minnesota (5-6) at Chicago (9-2): The Bears are bound to be pissed off here and the Vikings aren't anything special. Bears in a beating by 14 at least. (Ah finally a win. Not even Grossman's hideous play prevented the Bears from winning. 3 for 9)

San Francisco (5-6) at New Orleans (7-4): The Niners have improved this year, but the Saints are still a better team. Saints hold serve at home by 10. (Wasn't even this close. 4 for 10)

4:00:

Houston (3-8) at Oakland (2-9): Oh...my....god. Has ever a worse game graced the human race? Raiders get that elusive 3rd win in a 13-10 clunker. (Texans actually got a solid win here. 4 for 11)

Jacksonville (6-5) at Miami (5-6): The Dolphins are in serious Jobber Roll territory here, and in fact it might actually morph into a playoff run. Jacksonville is crap on the road, so I'll go with Miami by 3. (The Jobber Roll has ended for the Dolphins. Ah well. 4 for 12)

Tampa Bay (3-8) at Pittsburgh (4-7): Another crappy matchup. Can't help but think the Steelers will manage a win here though, let's say by 7. (Steelers won here easier than that. 5 for 13)

Dallas (7-4) at NY Giants (6-5): Stick a fork in the Giants, they are done. Dallas will pay them back from the earlier loss by 10. (Tough win for the Cowboys. 6 for 14)

Seattle (7-4) at Denver (7-4): The Cutler Era begins in Denver, hard to know what will happen here. Still can't see the Broncos losing 3 in a row, so I'll take them by 6. (The Cutler Era off to a dubious start. 6 for 15)

There is a reason I stopped betting.

Guest Princess Leena

I think I even did worse than that.

I stopped betting on the NFL long ago. Except against my hapless Bills.

2006 will be remembered as The Year Of The Unjustified Broncos.

Oh, and preemptively, stuff it, CanadianChris. You're a nice guy, but there's no reason for these fuckers to be on TV this goddamn much.

No, at this point, I actually agree. I turned the game off in the third because they were putting me to sleep.

I have more faith in Josh Brown then any other person on the planet.

When it matters, he DELIVERS. Plus, that was one helluva tackle for a kicker to boot.

if it doesn't make Jacked Up tonight, I'd be shocked

They've got problems everywhere. The team was soft during Martz's tenure as coach, but now it appears that they've become stupid as well, with Alex Barron getting false starts every other drive and Richie Incognito whacking people after plays are done, on top of what seems like hundreds of other moronic penalties.

They've got problems everywhere. The team was soft during Martz's tenure as coach, but now it appears that they've become stupid as well, with Alex Barron getting false starts every other drive and Richie Incognito whacking people after plays are done, on top of what seems like hundreds of other moronic penalties.

I've noticed that whenever I've watched the Rams. They must lead the league in false start penalties at home. It's ridiculous.

Guest Felonies!

Bears O.C. Ron Turner said that the reason he was going with such a passing game was so that Rex Grossman could make The Big Pass and silence the haters. Isn't that how gamblers lose their life savings?

Guest Paul
Bears O.C. Ron Turner said that the reason he was going with such a passing game was so that Rex Grossman could make The Big Pass and silence the haters. Isn't that how gamblers lose their life savings?

Indeed it is.

Well, maybe they'll try to "silence" his critics in the playoffs. That'll work.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

I get the logic, but it's not the right move. Grossman's like a golfer with the yips. He needs to settle down and get a mental base before throwing it 30 yards and praying.

Hey, this is actually a pretty good game. The Eagles and Panthers have been engaged in a very entertaining shootout since shortly before halftime. It's 24-24 now and Carolina seems to be on the verge of blowing yet another fourth quarter lead.

Annnnd a god-awful throw from Delhomme that results in an interception makes it a virtual certainty.

Guest Felonies!

So everybody is 6-6 now? (EDIT: pending the interception for the Eagles?) Man, the NFC sucks again. I was really hoping this would be our year. doinit4theconference2006.

You know, when I see the Panthers at 6-6 I wonder why all these pundits constantly pick this team to go to the Super Bowl. Do they not realize that Carolina was a total fluke in 2003 along the lines of the 1994 San Diego Chargers (who were quite similar really...decent journeyman QB, good running game, solid D, lots of luck)? Okay maybe not that bad since they did make the NFC title game last year, but honestly does anyone want these guys constantly hovering near the Super Bowl?

It does bother me everytime they talk up the Panthers because that basically means they think the Saints will fade. I know if the Panters had won tonight, then ESPN would of been all over their nuts for an entire week. Seems like there's lots of 'flavors of the week' going on lately.