TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Hadley

Eugenes heel turn

Guest Hadley

Does anyone think that the heel turn by eugene has to be one of the worst heel turns ever? I mean, all they have to do is have nick dinsmore come out clean shaven and admit that the gimmick was all a sham, instead theyre continuing to use the character and just have him say "you cant boo me,,im special!" and otherwise act exactly the same way he did as a face.

I think you'd be hardpressed to find a heel turn worse than Sting and/or Goldberg's which happened at roughly the same time.

Eugene's is more stupid than "worst ever".

Yeah...I think turning him heel is probably a good idea, it's just been horribly executed. I agree that he shouldn't be acting "retarded" anymore. The worst heel turns are the ones that shouldn't happen (like the Sting and Goldberg examples cited above), but Eugene clearly has run his course as a face...he had a long time ago.

I've wished for a long time Eugene would get the treatment the Spirit Squad got on RAW this past Monday. I really hate him...he's been like a castrated donkey ever since Triple H buried him in that cage match, "broke" his arm, and then he was out like two weeks later acting basically the same.

It was on an episode of RAW. It was the match where the Spirit Squad beat them so Duggan and Eugene couldn't be a tag team anymore, and then Eugene freaked out and attacked Duggan with the 2x4.

No, they broke it up over a few shows. They planted the seeds for his turn when Umaga beat up Eugene about a month ago. Duggan went to check on Eugene in the back, and Eugene snapped on him. Then they did a handicap match with Umaga vs. Duggan and Eugene, with Eugene staying out of the ring the whole time while Duggan got killed. Then they lost the match to the Spirit Squad where the losers would never team again (lot of good that did for the SS) after which Eugene attacked Duggan with the board.

Fundamentally, there's not much wrong with the angle itself, as it's being built in a fairly logical manner. Yeah, they could stand to drop the retardation, but honestly, how much sense would that make? The biggest problem is that no one has cared about Eugene for over a year, and it's been much longer than that for Duggan.

Honestly, at this point the best Nick Dinsmore can hope for is to just get sent back down here to OVW and become a trainer. Something that keeps him on the payroll. Let's face it, the guy's wrestling career is basically screwed at this point. The Eugene character has run its course and it's such an iron clad gimmick it's going to be almost impossible to do anything else. I don't even think having Dinsmore renounce the gimmick would salvage him.

Just give him a split personality, have an evil non-retarded Eugene slowly start taking over the loveable retarded Eugene. If anyone could pull off such a gimmick it's probably Dinsmore.

Just give him a split personality, have an evil non-retarded Eugene slowly start taking over the loveable retarded Eugene. If anyone could pull off such a gimmick it's probably Dinsmore.

Well, that would be something interesting at least.

Guest A.BUTCHER'S HOUSE OF RIBS

They should take him of TV for a few months and bring him back under a hood as the new "Mr. Wrestling" I doubt it'll take him to the main event but it'd be a good midcard gimmick. He's a good wrestler and I think he could pull it off.

Does anyone think that the heel turn by eugene has to be one of the worst heel turns ever? I mean, all they have to do is have nick dinsmore come out clean shaven and admit that the gimmick was all a sham, instead theyre continuing to use the character and just have him say "you cant boo me,,im special!" and otherwise act exactly the same way he did as a face.

It might lead to that.

But for now it's too early to judge it I think. Give it some more time.

I haven't been watching Raw, but this sounds frustrating. Eugene, moreso than any other character on the roster, had a ready made heel turn from the moment he debuted. All he had to do was reveal that the whole "retard" thing was a sham to get sympathy and find a way onto the Raw roster. People would hate him.

I have a feeling the fans would totally shit on him revealing he wasn't retarded after all...I mean, what would his motvation be for doing that? It's not like being retarded got him anywhere. Didn't get him titles, didn't get him pussy...so why act that way for 2 years?

No, he's gotta go away for a year and come back repackaged...haircut, clean shaven, totally different gimmick.

I think it's definitely on the list of "turns no one cares about." I wouldnt call it earth shattering. i think there's one side of creative that relies too heavily on heel turns and makes it important and another that see it as inconsequential and one of those "throw it up there and see what sticks" scenarios. I dont see anything involving Eugene as long term like Goldberg or Austin, but more "this guy's not injured so we'll give him something to do," on the level of the Haas/Viscera storyline that everyone loved so much.

You dont really see long term planning in things like character development with a losing streak and things coming to a head. You could look back and say there was some thought into it, but you could also see they could have put another match in that segment and forgotten about it the next week and never visit it again.

I have a feeling the fans would totally shit on him revealing he wasn't retarded after all...I mean, what would his motvation be for doing that? It's not like being retarded got him anywhere. Didn't get him titles, didn't get him pussy...so why act that way for 2 years?

No, he's gotta go away for a year and come back repackaged...haircut, clean shaven, totally different gimmick.

Just like Johnny Nitro...

Does anyone even still remember his days as Eric Bischoff's lacky and short lived Johnny Blaze name?

Just like Johnny Nitro...

Does anyone even still remember his days as Eric Bischoff's lacky and short lived Johnny Blaze name?

I do, but I will agree that they did good with him...I'm sure most fans don't remember that stint...just us IWC dorks!

The problem is that they're not going all the way with this. When Eugene "snaps" he just seems mildly irritated. Instead they should have him be incredibly violent and sadistic and crazy, like a retarded Bruiser Brody or some shit. Have him start throwing chairs, choking people out, punching out referees, shit like that, and then when he 'calms down' he's like the old Eugene again.

And he needs to be moved to ECW or Smackdown.

The problem is that they're not going all the way with this. When Eugene "snaps" he just seems mildly irritated. Instead they should have him be incredibly violent and sadistic and crazy, like a retarded Bruiser Brody or some shit. Have him start throwing chairs, choking people out, punching out referees, shit like that, and then when he 'calms down' he's like the old Eugene again.

LOL...a Bruiser Brody-type wave of violence could do Eugene a world of good, really. Have him come out through the crowd, throwing chairs around, beat the hell out of his opponent, etc. Give him a new outfit and he'd be good to go.

Personally, I think they should have him go all violent, then have him go after Jeff Hardy, because he wants to win the Intercontinental Champion so he can be like his hero, Jeff Jarrett. The match happens, Jeff Hardy completely underestimates him, and Eugene ends up winning with some new finisher or something, after avoiding the swanton and all of Jeff's patented maneuvers. Then, he gets on the mic, and totally in a different voice says "Hahaha! You all underestimated my genius! My name is Nick Dinsmore! The Eugene you knew is dead! Now I am the Intercontinental Champion! And Matt...that sandwhich you ate for dinner...was poisoned! MWUHAHAHAHA!" (Scene cuts to Matt Hardy suddenly gagging and passing out backstage).

Whoever said Sting's heel turn was terrible is just a hater.

:::Hulk signs autograph for little kids:::

Sting, off-camera, behind Hulk, doing childish voice: "Hey Hulk! Can I have your autograph?"

:::Hulk turns around:::

POW! Sting cracks him with baseball bat again.

LOL...a Bruiser Brody-type wave of violence could do Eugene a world of good, really. Have him come out through the crowd, throwing chairs around, beat the hell out of his opponent, etc. Give him a new outfit and he'd be good to go.

Personally, I think they should have him go all violent, then have him go after Jeff Hardy, because he wants to win the Intercontinental Champion so he can be like his hero, Jeff Jarrett. The match happens, Jeff Hardy completely underestimates him, and Eugene ends up winning with some new finisher or something, after avoiding the swanton and all of Jeff's patented maneuvers. Then, he gets on the mic, and totally in a different voice says "Hahaha! You all underestimated my genius! My name is Nick Dinsmore! The Eugene you knew is dead! Now I am the Intercontinental Champion! And Matt...that sandwhich you ate for dinner...was poisoned! MWUHAHAHAHA!" (Scene cuts to Matt Hardy suddenly gagging and passing out backstage).

He can be like Edward Norton in Primal Fear.

Sting, off-camera, behind Hulk, doing childish voice: "Hey Hulk! Can I have your autograph?"

I didn't think it was terrible I loved it and thought it was funny for that fact that WCW and Hogan would think that the fans would boo Sting of all people, who was the 1st or 2nd most loved wrestler in WCW at the time, for attacking Hogan for crying out loud.

Shows you what kind of ego Hogan has.

But how would Eric Bischoff explain everything?

I think taking him off TV and having him come back in a year with a completely new gimmick is the best idea.

Whoa, when was this? That sounds pretty great. And count me in on those who loved the heel turn in Fall Brawl 1999. The look on Hogan's face when he suddenly realized he was fucked was priceless.

The mechanics of Sting's heel turn weren't all that bad, it's just that nobody wanted to boo the guy and he himself quickly soured on the idea of being a heel. So he kinda drifted back into a tweener against Bret for a while, then just went face again. Sting had been screwed over by some many people that year alone, what with him being suspected of being the Hummer Driver and all, that people quite enjoyed him finally snapping and not giving a shit for once.

I think Nick Dinsmore should show up on SD looking for a contract while Eugene stays on Raw. Nick would simply tie his hair back straight while on SD, and let it fray out on Raw. A few times someone would come to Nick's dressing room and "catch" him pulling his hair back into the tie, really showing him for who he "really is", but neither will confirm that they are the other (but Nick Dinsmore will become one of Eugene's favorite wrestlers).

I doubt anyone remembers Eric announcing his nephew as having that last name, so it could work. Or he could always just use a different last name on SD to further differentiate them.