TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
alfdogg

This week in the NBA

Yeah, 15 games is way too much. Plus they can take anything after 12 to arbitration and since they are going against, i don't know, every precident ever set in the history of the sport by giving him that many games, I THINK he might have a case.

My question. How the fuck does Jared Jeffries get 4 games for TRYING to get to someone. Thats the penalty for throwing a punch. He never even got to throw a fucking punch. That is pure bullshit. They don't suspend coaches when they have to be restrained from getting to a official (I mean Jerry Sloan does it once a week). Bullshit sez I.

And Mardy Collins, that was a flagrant two, two game suspension at most. If you look at the video, he ignores Smith, ignores basically everyone and never throws a punch. Nate is the guy starting everything.

Jeffries, melo and collins are kinda getting screwed on this. I would give Melo 8-10, Jeffries 2, Marty 2, and Nate and Smith 10 (yes I am giving them more games than Melo)

I'd give Melo, Nate and Smith all the same and in the 8 game range. They were the worst and definitely escalated the situation, but it wasn't that big of a deal really.

Guest NYankees

Ripper, they are making examples out of the players so that it doesn't happen again.

Guest Princess Leena

I would have given Carmelo at least 50, and maybe the entire season. His cheap punch was unprovoked, and the entire reason the situation got as bad as it did. If he had any idea how to throw a punch, he could have done serious damage to Collins. That cannot be tolerated.

The rest I'm fine with, except Collins should get less. He should only get the 2 games for the flagrant.

I would have given Carmelo at least 50, and maybe the entire season. His cheap punch was unprovoked, and the entire reason the situation got as bad as it did. If he had any idea how to throw a punch, he could have done serious damage to Collins. That cannot be tolerated.

The rest I'm fine with, except Collins should get less. He should only get the 2 games for the flagrant.

Take it easy, he barely hit Collins. You can't mete out punishments based on whether or not someone could have been hurt worse had the punch landed cleaner. I forget who it was that Shaq nearly beheaded a few years ago, but because he missed the mark and didn't nearly kill the guy he didn't get a major suspension. The flagrant foul did more damage than Melo's punch, so if Melo was to get the gate for the season then you'd have to suspend Collins for that long and then some. Isiah should also get a suspension because it was pretty obvious that the foul was premeditated and ordered by him.

Guest NYankees

Melo should be kicked out of the league for being such a fucking pussy. I can only imagine what he would have done if he were playing the early 90's Bulls, Knicks or Pistons.

I would have given Carmelo at least 50, and maybe the entire season. His cheap punch was unprovoked, and the entire reason the situation got as bad as it did.

What? JR Smith and Nate Robinson were already rolling around in the fans and the real catalyst was Collins' flagrant. Melo's punch caused Jeffires to chase him and made the situation worse, but it was out of control well before that. Calling it unprovoked is a little bit of a stretch since he was swinging at the guy who gave the flagrant, even if it occurred well after the fact. I think they came down too hard on Melo if anything, but I understand the "wanting to set an example" mentality.

Guest "Go, Mordecai!"

Maybe Carmelo should go down to 10. 50+, though, Leena? Come ooooooonn.

Carmelo getting more than Isiah, Nate Robinson, and Mardy Collins, the little bastard that started everything, doesn't sit right with me.

Hell, Carmelo's suspension is almost more than the games the three of them got COMBINED (0 + 10 + 6).

Between Isiah's post-game comments attempting to justify Collins' hard foul and the fact that Collins had done the same thing the night before against Indiana, those two should definitely have gotten more than they did.

Ripper, they are making examples out of the players so that it doesn't happen again.

Because now there will never be another fight in sports? Whatever.

They are pulling that same "this is not our league" crap. It is a bunch of competitve guys going at each other hard for 3 hours a night. It is going to happen. It should be expected to happen. Its fucking sports.

Guest "Go, Mordecai!"
It is a bunch of competitve guys going at each other hard for 3 hours a night. It is going to happen. It should be expected to happen. Its fucking sports.

Dirty!