Cleveland @ Orlando, 7:00

Denver @ New York, 7:30

Memphis @ Miami, 7:30

Detroit @ New Jersey, 8:00

Dallas @ NO/OK, 8:00

Philadelphia @ San Antonio, 8:00

Minnesota @ Milwaukee, 8:30

Phoenix @ Sacramento, 10:00

Should be a nice little massacre on Friday evening. The NBA needs to look into that flex scheduling deal that the NFL has.

The national tv games look pretty good this week. Sure, Wednesday is unoriginal teams, but at least the matchups are good. However, on Thursday there's Orlando, Charlotte, and NO/OKC who I never get to see. I really want to see the good Orlando Magic, Chris Paul, and Adam Morrison in the NBA. Friday has the AI-less Sixers getting raped by Dallas, but that is automatically negated by the fact there is a Rockets game in the late spot.

When I was getting my hair cut yesterday, they were talking about that... I said that Minnesota would have to lose at least three players in order to even come close to affording AI. Between his and KG's salaries, it would all but cripple the franchise.

If Minny does get AI, they wouldn't need to worry about salary once they complete the trade because he would boost attendance. The Knicks are about a billion over the cap and they still make money without selling out MSG regularly anymore.

We'd probably have to give up Foye, but still AI is the shot in the arm this franchise has needed for the past couple years. If KG leaves (and he will if they dont make some moves soon) then the franchise will be crippled.

If Minny does get AI, they wouldn't need to worry about salary once they complete the trade because he would boost attendance. The Knicks are about a billion over the cap and they still make money without selling out MSG regularly anymore.

naiwf, do you think it's a good move for the Knicks to go after AI? Chances are, if they didn't make the Francis trade, and they didn't cut Taylor and Rose, AND if Iverson wanted to come here, he would be a Knick, along with Webber. If they really wanted to, they still have a shot right now because they can take Webber back, but it's not as likely.

New rankings from ESPN

1. Phoenix

2. San Antonio

3. Dallas

4. Utah

5. LA Lakers

6. Detroit

7. Houston

8. Orlando

9. Minnesota

10. Chicago

11. LA Clippers

12. Cleveland

13. Denver

14. Golden State

15. Indiana

16. Miami

17. Washington

18. Seattle

19. Sacramento

20. NO/OK

21. Milwaukee

22. Portland

23. Atlanta

24. Memphis

25. New Jersey

26. Toronto

27. New York

28. Boston

29. Charlotte

30. Philadelphia

Roy called it!

I do like that they were referred to as "Eddy Curry's Knicks" in the comment space.

naiwf, do you think it's a good move for the Knicks to go after AI? Chances are, if they didn't make the Francis trade, and they didn't cut Taylor and Rose, AND if Iverson wanted to come here, he would be a Knick, along with Webber. If they really wanted to, they still have a shot right now because they can take Webber back, but it's not as likely.

It would be a good to great move for the fans of the Knicks who have given up on the team in recent years. On the other hand, I don't think it would be a good move for the Knicks as an organization. The only way Philly would trade him in the division would be to get (near) expiring contracts, and almost all of the young talent on the team because they're nice and cheap. There's no way the Sixers end up taking Marbury or Francis off of our hands, so we'd still have the same problem we do now with a bunch of guys making a lot of money and playing the same position.

The way I see it, Iverson isn't winning with the people around him in Philly, and the players in New York that will be left if a trade is made aren't that much better than those in Philly, so it's really a lateral move, with not too much upside.

Thought this was funny:

• Nate Robinson loves to stay after practice and shoot-around to get up some extra shots. He loves competing with teammates in 3-point contests, sometimes for money, sometimes for extra fun. This morning, he got schooled by Knicks assistant coach Mark Aguirre who beat Robinson twice in Around the World.

New rankings from ESPN

1. Phoenix

2. San Antonio

3. Dallas

4. Utah

5. LA Lakers

The Lakers have beaten 3 of the 4 teams ranked above them. That's really good.

the old ball is coming back on January 1st. Apparently all the complaints about it causing cuts on players' hands was the tipping point. (i know i read something in the local detroit news about that too, as well as nash and jkidd)

As stupid as changing the ball was in the first place, changing it mid season is even dumber. Just change it back next year. Geez.

As stupid as changing the ball was in the first place, changing it mid season is even dumber. Just change it back next year. Geez.

Why would you make them play the entire year with it if you've already decided to change? Especially if the players are hurting themselves by using it?

The Pacers were hit with the dreaded food poisoning bug last night. In addition to Jackson's suspension and O'Neal's injury, Harrington and Daniels had to sit out because of this, and Tinsley is playing through it. The Bulls have only gone 7 deep, and every one of them has scored in double figures. Currently 86-75 Bulls near the end of the third.

Why would you make them play the entire year with it if you've already decided to change? Especially if the players are hurting themselves by using it?

Because they spent the last few months making the adjustment to the new ball in the first place. So now they have to adjust back to the leather ball and there is going to be another adjustment period, just like there was at the start of the exhibition.

MSG sells itself, bro. Its like the Staples Center, in that a good percentage of the people who go could care less about basketball, they just want to be seen there. And with that cable deal, thats why they can afford to be over the cap.

And I think you are overestimating AI's drawing power a little. He himself is not going to sell the place out, only winning does that.

I cannot see AI going to a place where there is a player making close to $20 million a season, unless that player is part of the deal.

Guest NYankees

MSG sells itself, bro. Its like the Staples Center, in that a good percentage of the people who go could care less about basketball, they just want to be seen there. And with that cable deal, thats why they can afford to be over the cap.

I guess you didn't hear the boos after last Wednesday or Thursday's Game. The Knicks got booed out of the building and the fact that there were about only 13-14'000 at MSG. That is pathetic especially when MSG had a consecutive games sellout going into the hundreds a decade ago. MSG holds almost 19'000 seats for Basketball games.

And I think you are overestimating AI's drawing power a little. He himself is not going to sell the place out, only winning does that.

I cannot see AI going to a place where there is a player making close to $20 million a season, unless that player is part of the deal.

I would assume that T'Wolves fans would come in droves as they would have a sudden shot at, at the very least, a solid playoff run. Plus, two lifetime All-Stars on the same team is enough to make anyone want to go and watch.

Wow, this is my first post in like, a month.

Because they spent the last few months making the adjustment to the new ball in the first place. So now they have to adjust back to the leather ball and there is going to be another adjustment period, just like there was at the start of the exhibition.

I see your point, but I don't think there's going to be as much of an adjustment needed, since they're going back to a ball they've played with for years.

I would assume that T'Wolves fans would come in droves as they would have a sudden shot at, at the very least, a solid playoff run. Plus, two lifetime All-Stars on the same team is enough to make anyone want to go and watch.

Congratulations.

I think that the fans would only start coming out seriously if the team started winning. To pack the place and watch them struggle initially while Iverson and the team get used to each other is a little slappy, if you ask me.

I guess you didn't hear the boos after last Wednesday or Thursday's Game. The Knicks got booed out of the building and the fact that there were about only 13-14'000 at MSG. That is pathetic especially when MSG had a consecutive games sellout going into the hundreds a decade ago. MSG holds almost 19'000 seats for Basketball games.

And that coincides with the team being decent at the time and I would think a hellacious waiting list for season tickets. They were constantly in the playoffs at the time (Semis in 94, 95 and 96), and they were in the Finals in 94... Considering that in my opinion the team is just not good right now (and yes I am being PC when I say that), 13-14,000 is pretty damned good. I'm not surprised in the slightest they got booed off the court.

Congratulations.

I think that the fans would only start coming out seriously if the team started winning. To pack the place and watch them struggle initially while Iverson and the team get used to each other is a little slappy, if you ask me.

And that coincides with the team being decent at the time and I would think a hellacious waiting list for season tickets. They were constantly in the playoffs at the time (Semis in 94, 95 and 96), and they were in the Finals in 94... Considering that in my opinion the team is just not good right now (and yes I am being PC when I say that), 13-14,000 is pretty damned good. I'm not surprised in the slightest they got booed off the court.

13-14K at the Garden is still making a ton of revenue, a lot more than say a sold out Q.

At least it took 20 whole games before T-Mac had back spasms this year.

Hopefully the Rockets can hold on long enough without him to stay in contention, but I won't hold breath.

It looks like Radmanovic is starting to hit his jumpers, so I'm not too worried about the Odom loss. The schedule isn't too bad over the next few weeks either.

It's time to see Kobe get his 35 a night.