TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest NYankees

Obscure Videogames

For as hyped as Parappa was on Playstation, I don't think I know a single person who's ever played it.

Oh, I had a copy of "Mega Man Soccer" for SNES...talk about obscure/weird sports games.

I might be the only person on Earth who has played Pa Rappa The Rapper 2.

Oh no ive played it too, almost prefer it because you can freestyle on it easier. But i hated Um Jamma Lammy, it was the same as Parappa but harder and just not as good.

I was seriously invested in Mega Man Soccer for like twenty minutes.

When I was a little kid I had a friend who for some odd reason loved playing Bump n' Jump on the NES. It was the only game he ever wanted to play. Seriously; he would bring it over and bitch out if we didn't want to play. So we'd eventually cave and spend hours failing because that shit was hard.

I just picked up a brand new copy of Beyond Good and Evil this past Monday for $10. I can see why it was touted as the "Best Game Nobody Played" the year it came out as it has a lot of cool elements. Most importantly, I think this is the first time I'd ever seen a copy of it anywhere and I live in NYC so I'd imagine it wasn't released very widely.

The original Shadow Hearts, and SH: From the New World also should probably be on the list.

I just picked up a brand new copy of Beyond Good and Evil this past Monday for $10. I can see why it was touted as the "Best Game Nobody Played" the year it came out as it has a lot of cool elements. Most importantly, I think this is the first time I'd ever seen a copy of it anywhere and I live in NYC so I'd imagine it wasn't released very widely.

The original Shadow Hearts, and SH: From the New World also should probably be on the list.

What version of Beyond Good and Evil? PS2 version is dirt cheap and common, but also has horrible slowdown and looks pretty crummy. XBox and GC version look and run better, but are harder to find. Yet aren't in immense demand, really.

I dig the game. It plays...kind of like some other games I enjoy...

As for obscure games, I'm probably one of the few US fans of the Klonoa series. The first game is wicked, and the 2nd game is really sweet, too. My first PS2 game was Klonoa 2, which I bought with the system. I balked at just about everything else on the shelf for a while.

No one else I knew played the .Hack games on PS2. Sure, they could be repetitive, but they weren't that bad...had some KICK ASS boss battle music!

I have the first game. I still need to pick up the other three from EB Games or something.

They were never that fancy but were okay turn-based RPGs.

Speaking of RPGs I always liked the Wild Arms series, which I thought was pretty good but not as famous as the Square games.

Mutant League Hockey was fuckin' ace. My dad brought it home from work, cause this guy told him that his wife told him to give it away. I had the game for about a year, and my mom walked in while I was playing it.

Into the trash it went.

No one else I knew played the .Hack games on PS2. Sure, they could be repetitive, but they weren't that bad...had some KICK ASS boss battle music!

I have the first game. I still need to pick up the other three from EB Games or something.

They were never that fancy but were okay turn-based RPGs.

I never did play the last one

I actually own all the American releases. Just got around to beating the first series a few days ago. I liked the series but 4 games might have been stretching it a bit far. The second series (.Hack//G.U.) may not have gotten terribly good reviews, but I like it quite a bit. They went with a steampunk-lite World this time, and the graphics are quite a bit better all round. Your character is an asshole, but I guess you have your trade-offs. Fortunately I haven't heard anyone as annoying as Mistryl in this one (Atoli is close though).

The anime that came with the original series isn't that bad either.

I just realized how much time I had invested in Legend of the Mystic Ninja. Goemon was the shit, yo.

Mutant League Hockey was fuckin' ace. My dad brought it home from work, cause this guy told him that his wife told him to give it away. I had the game for about a year, and my mom walked in while I was playing it.

Into the trash it went.

For the record, I hate that guy's wife and your mom a little more than I did previous to this post. I rented that game back in the day and my brother and I wouldn't worry about scoring as much as trying to get the almighty forfeit victory.

Guest rockaustin

James Pond and Cadash for Sega Genesis. Whole load of suck those two games were.