TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
TheFranchise

Comments that don't warrant a thread.

I'm getting a laser printer during the holiday and I want to wirelessly network it to my laptop, any suggestions?

How much printing are you going to do? If you aren't printing more than 30 pages a week on average i'd say its a waste of money. However I don't thinkthere are wireless laser printers out on the market yet. (Avoid HP and Lexmark)

No, I'm getting the printer for free I'm just trying to figure out to hook it up to my house's network

Same price, my gf gets this laptop.

LG R700-X.APO1A9

Communications

--Modem :None

--Bluetooth :BlueCore™ 4 (Bluetooth v2.0+EDR)

--Wireless :802.11 a/g/n

--W-LAN Antenna :Triple Hexa-band Antenna

--WebCam :Yes(1.3 Mega Pixel)

--Security :HDD Security

--LAN :Gigabit Ethernet

Input Device

--Keyboard :103Keys with Inlaid Numeric Keypad

--Pointing Device :Touchpad with Scroll Function

Expansion Slot

--PC Card Slot :ExpressCard/54

--Multimedia Card Slot :4-in-1 (SD/MMC/MS/MS Pro)

Battery

--Standard :6Cell(Li-Ion)

Warranty

--LG Canada :1 Year

Specs

--Graphics :NVIDIA® GeForce® 8600M GT (DDR2 512MB VRAM, *TurboCache Support)

--Optical Drive :DVD Super Multi Dual Layer (DVD-R/RW, +R/RW, RAM)

--AC Adapter :90W

--Weight :3.4 Kg (with a standard battery)

--Processor :Intel® Core™2 Duo Processor T7500, 4MB L2 Cache, 2.2GHz, 800MHz FSB

--Hard Drive :250GB (S-ATA) 5400RPM

--Audio :"2 speakers(1Wx2ea) + 1 sub-woofer(2W)

--Input/Output Port :4xUSB, RJ45, VGA, HDMi, HP-out(w/SPDIF), Mic-in, Line-in, DC In, IEEE1394

--Colour :Black and Silver

--Memory :2x1024MB DDR2 (667MHz,Dual Channel Support, Up to 4GB)

--Dimensions (WxDxH) :395.0 x 278.0 x 26.5 ~ 34.9 mm

--Operating System :Windows Vista Home Premium

--Chipset :Mobile Intel® GM 965 EXPRESS

--LCD Display :17" WSXGA+(1680x1050) with Fine Bright Technology

--Resolution :1680 x 1050

Software

--CD/DVD Titles :Power2Go, Recovery Center, LG Intelligent Update (Norton Anti-Virus, Drivers, Applications, Easy Manual and Easy trouble shooting Guide)

--Pre-installed :LG SmartCam, HDD Partition Managing Tool, LG Intelligent Update

Question, does anyone know if MSN Messenger works with Vista yet? Or does anyone have a version that works rather.

I remember trying a few months ago, and it ended up causing errors with my comp, and I was reading that it wasn't compatible, so I uninstalled, and was just wondering if that's changed or anything yet. Or if anyone knows how to get it to work.

I'm getting a laser printer during the holiday and I want to wirelessly network it to my laptop, any suggestions?

How much printing are you going to do? If you aren't printing more than 30 pages a week on average i'd say its a waste of money. However I don't thinkthere are wireless laser printers out on the market yet. (Avoid HP and Lexmark)

No, I'm getting the printer for free I'm just trying to figure out to hook it up to my house's network

Buy a print server.

If you had a desktop you could hadwire it to, then it would make things a lot easier. You could then share the printer on your wireless network and go from there. Thats what I have done and I haven't had a hitch with it

Having just gotten a new HDTV (40" Samsung, 1080p, Auto Motion Plus), I was planning on getting Comcast's HD service. Obviously, only the available HD channels will be HD, but how's the quality on the other channels? About the same or a little better?

Guest Vitamin X

Comcast's HD service is awful. You just get your standard old network channels in HD, ESPN, and a few other things. Your other channels that aren't in HD will obviously be the same, since they're not in HD.

Other cable services offer a ton more HD channels, and the satellites are way better. If you're looking for HD, I'd definitely go for one of the sat. services, if you can. I can't get it in my building, though.

I just wanted to brag about my new laptop. For $875, I got a Toshiba Satellite P200D, with a 17.1" widescreen, 1.8 GHz dual-core processor, 2 GB RAM and 160 GB hard drive, DVD burner, 6 USB ports, and a whole bunch of other shit. It is outstanding.

Guest Vitamin X

Not bad, although I hate large laptops. I'd refuse to go above 14" for a notebook personally, but even checking newegg's prices for a 17.1" size laptop, that is a good deal. If you were to go with a 15", though, you could've gotten a few slightly better systems for ~$500, though (This one in particular). Also could've gotten a decent gaming laptop for the price of the one you got.

Where did you get your laptop?

My wife's cousin owns a small computer shop here in town, so we got it through him.

I play poker online, so a big screen with a high resolution is a must for playing multiple tables. Even so, it's not as big a screen as would be ideal -- I had a 20" LCD with a 1600x1200 res for my old desktop -- but it's good enough.

Six USB ports? Yowsa.

I'm fine with my 17" laptop screen. Conversely, my soon-leaving roommates just got a second-hand computer specifically for gaming; It came with a 21" CRT. That's bigger than the TV they're taking with them.

My brother just bought an iPod touch, and every time he buys a song from the iPod and syncs it to our computer, the song disappears from both the iPod and iTunes. Does anyone else have to same problem or know of a way to stop this from happening?

If VGA and S-Video out on my PC won't carry sound, how can I hook my PC up to my television with sound? Would a 3.5mm-to-RCA cable work if it's plugged in through the headphone jack on my PC?

I have a Verizon phone. It now displays the word "Car Kit". It makes noise no longer, and I can't be heard or hear phone calls. Please help me.

Oddly enough, text messaging works.

I have a Verizon phone. It now displays the word "Car Kit". It makes noise no longer, and I can't be heard or hear phone calls. Please help me.

Google it.

Found this:I RECENTLY PURCHASED A NEW LG VX6100 PHONE, $225 WORTH AN UPGRADE TO MY OLDER LG PHONE THAT KEPT DROPPING CALLS. I HAVE HAD THE PHONE FOR 2 MONTHS. I AM IN SALES, WE HAVE HAD VERY HUMID DAYS HERE. I HAD THE HEADSET PLUGGED INTO THE PHONE, I UNPLUGGED IT AND WENT IN THE HOUSE, LATER ON WHEN I TRIED TO USE IT, THE SCREEN SAID CAR KIT. I COULD SEE IT LIGHTING UP AND WHO WAS CALLING BUT I COULD NOT HEAR OR BE HEARD. I COULD STILL SEND AND RECEIVE TEXTS.VERIZON HAD SOME TROUBLESHOOTING ADVISE WITH THE HEADSET, DIDNT WORK. WENT TO THE STORE AND BEFORE I EVEN OPENED MY MOUTH THE VERIZON MANTRA AT THIS SERVICE STORE WAS 'WATER DAMAGE' MOISTURE....ETC. I EXPLAINED THE SITUATION AND ASKED IF YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT MOISTURE FROM HAVING THE PHONE OUTDOORS AND THEN COMING INDOORS, THE TECH SAID TO ME THAT COULD CAUSE CORROSION. AFTER TRYING TO SODDER IT AND IT STILL NOT WORKING THE TECH SHOWS ME THIS LITTLE BLACK BOX THAT HAD NOW TURNED PURPLE AT HTE BOTTOM OF THE BATTERY THIS HE SAID PROVED I HAD WATER DAMAGE AND IT WAS NOW VOID OF ANY WARRANTIES, EVEN THE 1 YEAR MFG WARRANTY. BEWARE TO THIS LITTLE BOX ON THE BOTTOM OF THESE BATTERIES, I KNOW I DID NOT HAVE THIS ANYWHERE NEAR WATER BUT IT WAS HUMID, IF MERE HUMIDITY IS CAUSING THESE BATTERIES TO SHORT OUT A PHONE AND PUT IT IN CAR KIT MODE THEN THERE WILL BE A LOT OF WASTED MONEY OUT THERE. I HAVE HONESTLY THOUGHT ABOUT PAYING THE EARLY CANCELLATION FEE FOR THE CONTRACT FOR THIS PHONE BUT AM SO AGGRAVATED BY THIS NEEDLESS FINGERPOINTING THAT I COULDS SCREAM.

And more here:

http://forums.cnet.com/5208-7817_102-0.htm...ssageID=1334671

Anyone have Motorola Phone Tools? I'm cheap. Failing that, anyone have a recommendation for a free program?

I just switched phones (as well as providers). My KRZR doesn't really feel like it's mine without photos of me drunk on it. "Grace, Too" is the ringtone, though. So I got that going for me. Which is nice.

Anyone else look at Koodo, for that matter? That's who I switched to, I'm thrilled with them. They're opening up a retail store in St. Kitts, I'm furiously applying there.

Has anyone here using a mac pirated XP yet? I need some help installing it. I torrented a copy of XP, but Boot Camp isn't recognizing it as the install disk.

Had the same problem with my old Verizon phone. As OldSchoolWrestling posted, it's from water moisture. I'm not sure if this will work for you but it worked for me everytime. Just take a hair dryer and lightly blow the steam into the open phone slot where you plug in the charger for several minutes. It should hopefully dry up all the remaining water and have it working again. Be careful not to keep the dryer too close to the phone and risk short-circuiting something, but this was a wonder cure I don't see floating around the internet nearly as much as it should.