TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Wrestlefreak

Armageddon 2006 Thread

Guest samoapunk
Shot of Mercury after the ladder shot he took.

mercurynoseho2.jpg

OMG! I've definitely gotta get the replay.

So the message now is "Order our PPVs, there might be a prize inside?"

Probably, but I take it as order the Smackdown brand PPVs, skip the rest. It is no coincidence that the four best WWE PPVs this year are all Smackdown ones.

Poor Mercury. He always seems to be injured. Or in rehab.

I'll watch this ladder match when this comes on 24/7 in a couple months. I hope they continue with the London / Kendrick / Regal / Taylor feud.

From wwe.com:

According to WWE Dr. Ferdinand Rios, MNM tag team member Joey Mercury suffered what seems to be a broken nose in tonight's Ladder Match with London & Kendrick, MNM, the Hardys and William Regal & Dave Taylor.

Mercury was rushed to the hospital after one of the ladders smashed him in the face and caused his nose to pour blood. Rios said that without a CT scan it isn't possible to know the exact severity of the injury.

"I can't give a prognosis because Mercury could have shattered his frontal bone," said Rios. "Hopefully there isn't any problem in his brain; that blow was so significant there could be some damage and we just couldn't tell [without the CT scan}. But, he didn't seem to have a concussion and his mental status was excellent."

He said that without any complications, Mercury may need plastic surgery and two months to recover before returning to WWE action. WWE.com will continue to follow this story as it unfolds.

Horrible news as he just returned a couple weeks ago. Hopefully it is only a broken nose and nothing worse.

Was there a point to Cena being in that match? I don't think he influenced that much of a difference in the buyrate.

Overall another surprisingly good ppv from Smackdown. The ladder match was amazing, the CW match was enjoyable and Taker/Kennedy was as good as the rest of their feud not to mention Taker going for the big spot.

Was there a point to Cena being in that match? I don't think he influenced that much of a difference in the buyrate.

Overall another surprisingly good ppv from Smackdown. The ladder match was amazing, the CW match was enjoyable and Taker/Kennedy was as good as the rest of their feud not to mention Taker going for the big spot.

There isn't another top shelf main event face for SD right now (with Kane and Taker busy with their own thing) and they didn't want to do another Batista/Booker title match or blow the Finlay/Batista match. Either were really buyrate appealing main events, hence the mass gimmicks and the addition of Cena.

Cena probably added some buyrates as he is the top star in the company.

My star ratings

MVP-Kane *3/4

MNM-Regal/Taylor-London/Kendrick-Hardyz ****1/2, my new WWE MOTY

Miz-Boogyman 3/4*

Chavo-Beniot ***

Helms-Yang **1/2

Taker-Kennedey **

Batista/Cena-Booker/Finley **1/4

Even though i haven't seen the ladder match, I would still probably put Taker/Angle NWO ahead of it.

Which just shows how bad 2006 has been for WWE if that match is considered its MOTY.

That match was fantastic, especially considering the two men involved.

Don't get me wrong, it was a good match and I brought into more on the first viewing but it really took a big drop-off.

If it gets MOTY because it involved the broken down Angle and old man 'Taker who occasionally has the ability to GO, that's just sad. Given all the talent WWE actually has, they should produce fantastic stuff but when that match is the MOTY (Which it makes the top three for me in WWE), it's kind of a sad thing.

Every thing this match wanted to be, McGuinness-Danielson III killed.

Yeah, okay...it's sad in the regard that they have damn good in-ring talent that isn't allowed to shine, but the match is good. I watched it a few weeks ago and still enjoyed it immensely. Not to say I didn't enjoy something like Punk/Joe II or Nigel/Danielson more...but I'm strictly talking WWE.

Yeah, okay...it's sad in the regard that they have damn good in-ring talent that isn't allowed to shine, but the match is good. I watched it a few weeks ago and still enjoyed it immensely. Not to say I didn't enjoy something like Punk/Joe II or Nigel/Danielson more...but I'm strictly talking WWE.

Aside from Angle/Benoit in '03, I can't recall the last time WWE offered a legitimate claim for a MOTY post 1997.

Why the hell didn't they announce this BEFORE the PPV? I wasn't especially interested in a tag match with London/Kendrick vs. Regal/Taylor, but throwing in the Hardys and MNM and making it a ladder match would have possibly made me more interested in getting the PPV.

SD usually has solid PPVs mainly because they just say "Fuck it, we have no idea what to do so let's just have these guys wrestle for 15 minutes." It doesn't exactly entice me to order however.

I'd say Finlay/Benoit at Judgment Day was a little better than Angle/Taker. They are probably top two though. I can't wait to see this ladder match.

Aside from Angle/Benoit in '03, I can't recall the last time WWE offered a legitimate claim for a MOTY post 1997.

What's your opinion on HHH/Foley from RR in 2000? Or the three ways between Benoit/HBK/HHH?

IMO, this was a top-notch PPV and the best Armageddon PPV ever. the Inferno Match was a pretty cool match to watch. It was something different that we haven't seen in a long time and it was cool that Kane finally won his match, The US and CW Title matches were pretty good and JBL was right for calling the fans idiots for chanting Boring. that really was a damn good match.

The Ladder Match. INCREDIBLE. Really, I thought the original Match would of been good on its own but this last minute decision truly deliver. this is right up there was Angle/Taker as MOTY Candidate. The Last Ride Match was fun and entertaining. Crazy moment with Taker falling off the set. The Main-Event was probably the worst match of the night and I didn't think it was all that bad, just a little to short.

Yeah, IMO SmackDown really delivered this year PPV wise. All their PPVs this year have been steller. 2006 was SmackDown's year.

Guest samoapunk

I've decided to hold off and get this ppv Tuesday. If they had announced the 4 Way Ladder Match for the Tag Titles, I would have ordered it live.

It seems to me that a lot of people that didn't buy would have if they had announced this match earlier. Cena was the main reason I didn't order it from the start though.