TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Wrestlefreak

Armageddon 2006 Thread

Armageddon 2006 Card
[
post-8260-1166358971.png

World Heavyweight Champion Batista & WWE Champion John Cena vs. King Booker & Finlay.

Inferno Match

- Kane vs. MVP.

Last Ride Match

- The Undertaker vs. Mr. Kennedy.

WWE United States Championship Match

- Chris Benoit © vs. Chavo Guerrero.

WWE Cruiserweight Championship Match

- Gregory Helms © vs. Jimmy Wang Yang.

WWE Tag Team Championship Match

- Paul London & Brian Kendrick (c's) vs. William Regal & Dave Taylor.

- The Miz vs. The Boogeyman.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm looking forward to this PPV. Like I said on this week's Smackdown thread, I think it will be better than Survivor series, and certainly better than ANY Raw brand PPV this year.

This pay-per-view looks as though it won't be a disappointment. It probably won't be "awesome" but it certainly shouldn't have any trouble topping Survivor Series or December to Dismember.

And yes, there are way too many pay-per-views these days. And I haven't ordered a single one (though, in fairness, I was a bit tempted by Survivor Series, Genesis, and Turning Point).

Ugh, I always hated seeing the champion in a tag team match to headline a ppv

Yeah, that really annoys me. TNA seems to do it a lot. If I'm watching a PPV, one of the focal points should be the chance to see a title change.

Dave says:

Tonight's line-up:

*John Cena & Batista vs. Fit Finlay & King Booker

*Undertaker vs. Mr. Kennedy in a last ride match

*Kane vs. MVP in an Inferno match. The loser is the first guy who gets lit on fire in a ring surrounded by fire

*Chris Benoit vs. Chavo Guerrero for the U.S. title.

*Paul London & Brian Kendrick vs. William Regal & David Taylor for the tag titles.

*Gregory Helms vs. Jimmy Wang Yang for the cruiserweight title

*Boogeyman vs. The Miz

One of these matches will not be as advertised. In this case, it is a change significantly for the better.

I wonder which match is getting changed.

Prediction: Taylor is still injured, Regal brings out his European pal Claudio to take his place.

Not going to happen, but man....

Taylor has been wrestling the past few weeks and Claudio still has ROH commitments to fulfill. It'd be nice, though. However, I don't think a Sweed would fit with the Brits.

Predictions in bold

Inferno Match

- Kane vs. MVP.

Last Ride Match

- The Undertaker vs. Mr. Kennedy.

The end of their feud, and any momentum Kennedy had.

WWE United States Championship Match

- Chris Benoit © vs. Chavo Guerrero.

This feud isn't over. But a blow off match will probably be coming down the road soon with Benoit on top. Unless he wins tonight, then thank God.

WWE Cruiserweight Championship Match

- Gregory Helms © vs. Jimmy Wang Yang.

Helms streak is one of the few good things that's happened to the belt in it's entire history. No reason to give it to another guy when the division is dead. Not to mention they make Jimmy job constantly.

WWE Tag Team Championship Match

- Paul London & Brian Kendrick (c's) vs. William Regal & Dave Taylor.

No complaints.

- The Miz vs. The Boogeyman.

Predicting retarded skit with no match.

TAKERfan456200.jpg

Super WWE fan Kevin Tucker, a resident of Newport News, Va., drove to Richmond dressed like his favorite WWE Superstar, Undertaker. His rendition of the Deadman was so genuine, he even had Undertaker’s symbol tattooed on his neck and the authentic eye-paint.

TAKERfan456200.jpg

Super WWE fan Kevin Tucker, a resident of Newport News, Va., drove to Richmond dressed like his favorite WWE Superstar, Undertaker. His rendition of the Deadman was so genuine, he even had Undertaker’s symbol tattooed on his neck and the authentic eye-paint.

That's not genuine... because Taker has "Sara" on his neck...and he hasn't done eye paint outside of the Ministry days since like 1995 at the latest.

Prediction: Taylor is still injured, Regal brings out his European pal Claudio to take his place.

Not going to happen, but man....

Taylor has been wrestling the past few weeks and Claudio still has ROH commitments to fulfill. It'd be nice, though. However, I don't think a Sweed would fit with the Brits.

Remember this is the WWE I won't be surprised if Claudio is brought in as a character from the UK be it Welch, Scot, Celtic, or IRA terrorist.

TAKERfan456200.jpg

Genuine? That UT imitation is awful.

Ugh, I always hated seeing the champion in a tag team match to headline a ppv

Yeah, that really annoys me. TNA seems to do it a lot. If I'm watching a PPV, one of the focal points should be the chance to see a title change.

The lineup looks like a SNME or In Your House card to me and they should be charging $24.95 for this.

Ha, Kane goes for a clothesline to the outside from the top rope, over the flames, and I totally just pictured a RVD/Kane Summerslam clothesline fuck up into the flames. However wrong that would be, I'd still laugh.