TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CanadianChris

NFL Week 17

Stolen from CBSSportsline.com

The NY Giants clinch strength of victory tiebreaker over Green Bay if:

- DET loses OR

- MIN loses OR

- Any two of the following results occur: ARZ loss, MIA loss, SF loss, CAR win, HOU win, TB win

Green Bay Packers clinch strength of victory tiebreaker over NY Giants if ALL of the following occur:

- ARZ win, DET win, MIA win, MIN win, SF win, CAR loss, HOU loss, TB loss.

If the NY Giants and Green Bay Packers end up tied in strength of victory, then tie will be decided by strength of schedule.

If all of that happens the Packers deserve the playoff spot.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I got the Seahawks. Ugh. I knew I shouldn't have let my current beard and a coin flip affect my answers.

Me too. Fuck that... I'll be rooting for the Chargers. They're the closest thing I have to a local team now, and LT is the shit.

I'll also be rooting heavily for the Chargers by way of proximity, since the Niners are out.

Then again, there's a Hawaii connection to a few teams out there: Jags (Manuwai), Bears (Kreutz), Broncos (Elam) and Falcons (Lelie and Forney), but I wouldn't admit more than a slight rooting interest in those teams.

I'm also going to be rooting for the Chargers. Hell, I do it every time they're on TV here, which is about every week. And I've been doing it for the past few years (even when they sucked), so I guess you could even call me a fan.

I have no idea why people keep pimping the Bengals. They really haven't beaten much of anyone that could be considered an elite team aside from splitting with the Ravens. I'm not really counting the Saints since I don't think for a minute that New Orleans is a serious threat to anyone in the AFC.

What's with the crowd in Detroit? Are they all Cowboys fans, or are they booing the Lions because they want the #1 pick and the Lions are screwing it up by winning?

Well it could be that, and it could also be they don't want to be the team that helped Jeff Garcia and the Eagles win the NFC East after they ran him out of town. But I'm guessing it has to do more with they want the #1 so they can draft another receiver.

Guest Smues
What's with the crowd in Detroit? Are they all Cowboys fans, or are they booing the Lions because they want the #1 pick and the Lions are screwing it up by winning?

I figured it had more to do with their hatred of management and trying to make a statement.

You do realize they're playing at Texas Stadium right?

On NFL Countdown's Pictures of 2006 they were playing The Game off the WWE Anthology Vol. 3

I got the Chargers as my bandwagon team

Guest "Go, Mordecai!"

I have four games to choose from:

Steelers-Bengals

Jaguars-Chiefs

Lions-Cowboys

Rams-Vikings

hmm.

Guest Smues

It just occured to me that those annoying NFL Playoff ads will probably start very very soon. Boo for that.

Guest Smues

"This is our version of Charleton Heston coming up on the Statue of Liberty: It's a football buried in the beach in Tampa! HA!"

God does Fox suck.

Guest "Go, Mordecai!"

I enjoyed this:

"Tony Romo has had fewer starts than any Pro Bowler, but that's just how special the league thinks he is. He's really something magical."

On cue, Romo gets sacked, fumbles, and the Lions recover.

Oh God, the robot is wearing a Santa suit.

I enjoyed this:

"Tony Romo has had fewer starts than any Pro Bowler, but that's just how special the league thinks he is. He's really something magical."

On cue, Romo gets sacked, fumbles, and the Lions recover.

Oh God, the robot is wearing a Santa suit.

Wasn't christmas last week? FOX can't even do the holidays right either.

You do realize they're playing at Texas Stadium right?

No, I thought they were in Detroit.

Romo just threw a killer pick. Detroit looks like they might go up 9.