TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Just John

New Year's Revolution

I know no one cares about this show, but I'm going, so I'm looking forward to it. What do you all think I'll be subjected to?

John Cena vs. Umaga (WWE title): A little bit of a tougher call than I was expecting. I don't know what they can do with Umaga if he takes a fall since his gimmick really only works if he's undefeated. That said, I wouldn't be surprised if they just put Cena over clean. However, I'll go out on a limb and say they give Umaga the belt for a bit due to controversial ref stoppage.

DX vs. Rated RKO (Tag titles): With the titles on the line, this match becomes somewhat more interesting. DX did openly say they didn't care about the titles a couple weeks ago, right? I was thinking for a while R-RKO retains, either by lots of cheating or through some DQ bullshit. It'll be interesting if this has any affects on the WWE title match, though. If they do my proposed ref stoppage idea, they might give the belts to DX to keep the fans somewhat happy. I could see DX winning the belts, then R-RKO costing them a match against TWGTT in a couple weeks.

Jeff Hardy vs. Johnny Nitro (Steel Cage, IC title): Should be a fun match, as these two usually put on a good show. A couple big spots for sure, but I think the entire match will be solid. I can't imagine Hardy losing the title, especially with it being likely to see at least 1 big match go to the heels. Plus, there's really no reason to put the belt back on Nitro at this point.

Mickie James vs. Victoria (Women's title): A very interesting angle that potentially still has some legs. A Victoria win could set up the rise of a new women's wrestler who takes the title at Mania to stop her reign of terror. However, I don't think WWE has any real plans to drag out a women's angle (as evidenced by how badly they screwed up Trish/Mickie after Mania last year). I say Mickie wins, and nothing happens.

Ric Flair vs. Kenny Dykstra: It would be so WWE to build up Kenny on tv then have him lose clean at a ppv. I don't see that happening, though. They seem to really like Kenny, and they have no problems putting anyone over Flair. Kenny wins and moves on.

Carlito vs. Chris Masters: Battle of the aimless midcarders! Carlito wins to pop the crowd, even though there's a good chance we'll be dead after he mails in another performance.

I'm interested in the top 3 matches, for the results if nothing else, though I expect DX/R-RKO and Hardy/Nitro to be decent to good. Hopefully the show delivers something. Good match, shocking outcome, anything.

Is that DX vs Edge/Orton for The Tag Team Titles? I don't remember them ever announcing if it was or not.

Is that DX vs Edge/Orton for The Tag Team Titles? I don't remember them ever announcing if it was or not.

It is. Which screws up weeks of building this as a blood feud where DX even said the titles mean nothing and R-RKO has treated the titles as fashion accesories. I was expecting a bloody brawl to close the show but putting the title on the line throws a wrench in that idea. I don't think the idea was ever to put the titles on DX, and I don't expect R-RKO to carry them much longer.

NYR doesn't look horrible but doesn't look special either. Umaga/Cena, I'm almost certain will be a non-finish to build to some rematch. DX/RKO should be a good enough brawl. Hardy/Nitro will be the paint by numbers show but will try to incorporate a couple big spots to compenstate for the presence of the cage. The rest look like filler except Victoria/Mickie which should get that ref stoppage mentioned. It'd really put Victoria over as a big heel and put Mickie over more but it'll likely be the regular woman's match except marginally better then most.

John Cena vs. Umaga (WWE title): Umaga wins, screwjob fo some sort, title stays with Cena. Leads to the blowoff at Rumble.

DX vs. Rated RKO (Tag titles): This is not gimmicked, so I cant see it being the blow off. Since the titles are on the line, I say Heels retain. Then DX costs them teh belts to Crime Tyme in a couple of weeks.

Jeff Hardy vs. Johnny Nitro (Steel Cage, IC title): End to the fued, I say Johney takes it. I think the Hardyz will reunite by Mania, so no more belt for Jeff.

Mickie James vs. Victoria (Women's title): Victoria wins just to keep the fued going

Ric Flair vs. Kenny Dykstra: Flair cant wrestle, Kenny gloats. Match never happens

Carlito vs. Chris Masters: Carlito, I guess

I imagine a Tag Match gets added just to fill the card. 3 way number 1 contenders match or something.

John Cena vs. Umaga (WWE title): Boring.

DX vs. Rated RKO (Tag titles): Flair'll help DX win.

Jeff Hardy vs. Johnny Nitro (Steel Cage, IC title): MOTN

Mickie James vs. Victoria (Women's title): Probably will be a good match.

Ric Flair vs. Kenny Dykstra: Rated RKO will help him win.

Carlito vs. Chris Masters: Bland

Only 6 matches?!?!?? How the fuck are they gonna pull off 6 half hour matches?

John Cena vs. Umaga (WWE title) - Cena by DQ.

DX vs. Rated RKO (Tag titles): Rated RKO Although I can only imagine DX winning then saying on the mic they don't want the belts, so it's even more buried.

Jeff Hardy vs. Johnny Nitro (Steel Cage, IC title): Jeff Hardy

Mickie James vs. Victoria (Women's title): Victoria

Ric Flair vs. Kenny Dykstra: Kenny

Carlito vs. Chris Masters: Carlito

John Cena vs. Umaga (WWE title) - Cena via DQ. It obvious that umaga is going to smack with a chair!

DX vs. Rated RKO (Tag titles): RKO. To me, it wouldnt look right with HHH with the tag title around his waist!

Jeff Hardy vs. Johnny Nitro (Steel Cage, IC title): Nitro, Hardy will do something crazy from the top of the cage and miss, and nitro wins it.

Mickie James vs. Victoria (Women's title): Victoria, she has had a mean streak recently.

Ric Flair vs. Kenny Dykstra: Kenny, possibly another feet-on-the-rope pin job

Carlito vs. Chris Masters: Carlito, but this is going to be a boring match tbh!

Umaga wins the title so Cena can regain it at the Rumble.

Rated RKO via DQ.

Hardy.

Victoria (leading to Mickie regaining at WrestleMania).

Kenny.

Carlito.

The only saving grace I can see for Umaga/Cena is if it ends, DQ or stoppage or whatever, with the old Jamal 'giant splash to the outside through a table' spot. Either that, or they make the match No DQ on Heat, like virtually every PPV main event in the late 90s. Their match on RAW in England late last year was terrible, I don't see why this one would be any different without a stipulation.

You're forgetting all the backstage shennanigans that will undoubtedly occur, b/c that's what makes a wrestling show good.

Adding a Cryme Tyme/WGTT match would make sense as well. I think the show will be better than most are expecting, but I'm not going to bother ordering.

My picks:

Cena-Umaga goes to a no contest / double DQ

Hardy over Nitro

DX over R-RKO in a bloody, 25-30 min match

Kenny over Flair

Carlito over Masters

Mickie over Victoria

(if it happens) WGTT over Cryme Tyme

It's free, so I'll give it a go.

by the way, does anybody know when us in England will have to PAY for these? i mean all of them, not Rumble, Mania etc...

You're forgetting all the backstage shennanigans that will undoubtedly occur, b/c that's what makes a wrestling show good.

K-fed will be backstage getting all of the divas pregnant, Bischoff's personal assistent will be on the phone talking to Vanilla Ice, Maria will be asking everyone what the Kama Sulta is, and Cena & HBK will be having a funny face contest.

Umaga beats Cena by "referee stoppage" after the official involved watches Cena take a beating without defending himself and steps in and stops the match. Win/win/win. Umaga remains undefeated, controversial new champion and Cena doesn't lose any heat.

WWE is stupid so this, of course, is NOT the finish they'll go with.

Their match on RAW in England late last year was terrible, I don't see why this one would be any different without a stipulation.

I'm sure there was a decent match between them last year that I was into. Or maybe it was just the confrontation they had with Striker (I think)

FWIW, I can see a bs finish and stipulation rematch at RR.

After the way Umaga got bitched around by Cena last Monday, I can't see anything but either Cena going clean or some stupid finish happens that either ends up being a DQ or something. Either way, I don't see Umaga walking out with the title.

John Cena vs. Umaga (WWE title): Boring.

DX vs. Rated RKO (Tag titles): Flair'll help DX win.

Jeff Hardy vs. Johnny Nitro (Steel Cage, IC title): MOTN

Mickie James vs. Victoria (Women's title): Probably will be a good match.

Ric Flair vs. Kenny Dykstra: Rated RKO will help him win.

Carlito vs. Chris Masters: Bland

They'll put togeather some pointless Diva contest. Lots of backstage interviews. Maybe Hacksaw will come out for no reason so Euguene can attack him. Crime Tyme will rob someone. DX gets a 10 minute intro.

Umaga beats Cena by "referee stoppage" after the official involved watches Cena take a beating without defending himself and steps in and stops the match. Win/win/win. Umaga remains undefeated, controversial new champion and Cena doesn't lose any heat.

WWE is stupid so this, of course, is NOT the finish they'll go with.

Umaga as WWE Champ is not a winning situation.

Edge taking the belt off of Cena pre-Rumble last year created interest and generated ratings and if Umaga actually goes over somewhat strong (which is essential) I can't see why people wouldn't tune in for this too.

As I mentioned during the Raw thread this week(though I'm certainly gonna understand if no one remembered it), I'm going to the theatre with a few buddies to watch tonight's show. We are all Umaga marks. They want me to be drunk. They want me to make six year olds cry. They're going to be disappointed.

Cena wins. Hardy wins. DX wins. Cryme Time skit. Carlito wins(but no one will care). Mickie James will win, I'll dry-hump the 50 ft. theatre screen. DX has a long intro. I demand a refund from the theatre manager.

Edge taking the belt off of Cena pre-Rumble last year created interest and generated ratings and if Umaga actually goes over somewhat strong (which is essential) I can't see why people wouldn't tune in for this too.

If Umaga wins will they cut to the crowd of crying Cena fans?

EDIT: Nevermind. Reading helps. Curry's finish is a great finish. If you have to put the belt on Umaga, that's the only way I'd do it.