TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Matt Young

What the fuck? SNOW in southern California?

I'm hoping that Tuesday brings some snow to the Northwest again as Seattle's had soe pretty half-assed snow for the most part so far. Snow pack is huge at the moment though. I swear it was snowing for six hours today and there wasn't more than a half an inch on the ground though. Motherfuckin' pitiful.

It hasn't snowed here either. We had that one day of freeze which of course was the cause of my wreck last month but aside from that I've enjoyed this warmer yet wetter winter.

I think it's funny that I've seen more snow in New York this winter than people who live there. Unless you were walking around in the East Village around 12:30pm on December 5th and saw the flurries also.

Global Warming.

Seriously.

I live in Michigan. We've had a little snow, one or two snow storms, but mostly rain and freezing rain.

Guest Vitamin X
It's 15 but feels like 6.

"FEELS LIKE" 6?! See, here's my way of looking at cold temperatures. Once it goes below 32 degrees, it just about all "feels" the same, the only difference is how long you can actually take it or not. But in terms of comfort level, 20 and 0 feel just the same.

I think it kind of goes the same way for heat as well, when it's over 100. 105 and 115 feel just about the same, it's just one's just slightly more tolerable than the other. Of course in Miami it's all pretty much insufferable.

Well, there's cold and then there's COLD. Up here, 32 is nice balmy weather. I don't start not noticing different degrees of cold until it gets down to about 0. Anything under 0 is cold.

I remember last year it got down to -50 here. Believe me, you'd notice the difference between 32 and -50.

It's 15 but feels like 6.

"FEELS LIKE" 6?! See, here's my way of looking at cold temperatures. Once it goes below 32 degrees, it just about all "feels" the same, the only difference is how long you can actually take it or not. But in terms of comfort level, 20 and 0 feel just the same.

I think it kind of goes the same way for heat as well, when it's over 100. 105 and 115 feel just about the same, it's just one's just slightly more tolerable than the other. Of course in Miami it's all pretty much insufferable.

There's a difference, believe me. You notice it if you spend 15-20 minutes outside.

At least you got snow. It's 40 of here, and it's raining.

We're going to have high temperatures of about 34 degrees the next two days with freezing rains down here. Now that's really cold/nasty for this part of the world, but you'd think the apocolypse was upon us.

TV news is running graphics of "ARCTIC BLAST" and "THE BIG CHILL" with spooky music playing, people are stocking up on canned goods and batteries, and three people in my office have called in today due to "the weather" ("the weather" for today being upper 40's with a slow, steady rain--something we've had three or four time already this year). It's really pathetic.

You keep that Celsius shit to yourself

Totally. Second gayest form of temperature measurement ever.

It's supposed to snow some this week over here.

You keep that Celsius shit to yourself

Totally. Second gayest form of temperature measurement ever.

I check the temperature in Kalvin.

No, Rankine. Here's the order since i guess it's not common knowledge, from gayest to manliest.

5. Rankine

4. Celsius

3. Kelvin

2. Fahrenheit

1. Electronvolts

It's technically been cold enough to snow here over the last four days/nights but there is no percipitation in the air, thus no snow.....of course where I live, Snow is always a 45-60 minute drive away during the winter, so it is nice to be able to go to the snow when you want, and the rest of the time have nothing to do with it.

Guest "Go, Mordecai!"
It has finally snowed in Wisco.

I shoveled today. No snow blowers for me, no sir.

It's technically been cold enough to snow here over the last four days/nights but there is no percipitation in the air, thus no snow.....of course where I live, Snow is always a 45-60 minute drive away during the winter, so it is nice to be able to go to the snow when you want, and the rest of the time have nothing to do with it.

I agree with Mike..its colder than a bitch up here.

Guest Vitamin X

I agree with Mike..its colder than a bitch up here.

And I'm just 7-8 hours north of you guys. Of course, we get a lot more rain than you do.

And it's funny because most of the times that it's been "cold enough" to snow this season, it's just rained really, really cold here. Last year, they tell me it was around 50-something or so with rain everyday for about 3 months straight. This year, we've traded off having no rain for it being way colder. I don't know which I prefer at the moment, especially with damn near everyone I know being sick here at this time.

Its 20 down here. To think, it was 47 Sunday.