TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Princess Leena

American Idol

Okay, this was the first week where I truly felt that the result was bullshit. Gina was one of the few I was interested in. I won't bitch about Sanjaya advancing since we all know the deal there, but can anyone possibly explain the continued presence of Phil Stacy? I can sorta see Haley advancing since she is the token hot white chick, but she's been nowhere near as good as Gina.

Guess she never quite recovered from butchering Paint it Black.

Guest Queen Leelee

Stop exaggerating, Black.

While Gina didn't deserve to go home now, she wasn't going to last long anyway...

And if you hate Sanjaya, you might as well stop watching now and come back in May.

With the early eliminations of decent talent like Gina and Sligh... we're guaranteed one of Timberfake, Haley, Phil or Sanjaya in the final 5. Yikes.

Why couldn't Queen Brenna have been it this year? Or every year. Queen Brenna :hearts:.

It seems the final 3 have been set. Unless one of the guys does something incredible in the next two weeks, Jordin, Melinda and Lakeisha are going to be the top contenders.

I'm kind of pissed Phil Stacey continues to slide by every week. And did anyone else notice the panic Seacrest went into when Buble wanted to ask him a question.

Well, the reason that it bothers me that Gina was voted off is that she didn't really fit the pattern. Sligh last week? Yeah, he pretty much blew it and sucked. That Brandon dude? Forgot words. Usually those voted off are either devoid of any sort of personality or they totally suck that week. Gina had a crap week about 2 weeks ago, but her Pretenders song was one of the best last week and she didn't suck last night by any means.

I have no qualms about Gina's departure. While she might have been slightly more substantial in her ability in contrast to the inferior acts, she didn't have enough to beat out the big three girls (and I still stand that Jordin chances seem better then at least LaKisha and possibly even Melinda, given her string of flawlessness, might make her susceptible with voter confidence, we've seen that before) and Haley, is the looker of the bunch and while she's been on the edge frequently, that's keeping her alive in this game.

Gina, after abandoning her alternative edge in favor looking more mainstream (which is quite a oddity in itself) and with the Paint It Black debacle exposing her severe flaws in not just performing but what was supposed to be her niche genre really didn't have much chance.

It's really between two of the big three and Blake. Sanjaya will survive beyond the two other shit males, the glamour girl but per tradition, the train will derail. AI knows not to let him get further and they'll skew it to go that direction.

Guest Queen Leelee

Yeah, my final 4 is Melinda (very likely winner), Blake (most pimped guy by far, and the only one with any talent), Jordin (only contestant who brings a semblance of the "total package") and LaKisha (2nd best singer). Gap after them is huge.

I think LaKisha is the one who gets bumped early out of that... and Sanjaya betters Scott Savol, and gets in the Top 4.

Latin singers is the theme next week.

And Jennifer Lopez is the mentor. I can see her advice now - "don't worry, the producers will make it sound good."

Okay, Phil will probably do Marc Anthony (I'd put even money on You Sang To Me) and Jordin will likely do a Lopez song, I'm thinking either Waiting For Tonight or I'm Glad.

The rest? No clue. I'm scared/excited about what Sanjaya pulls out. MENUDO.

Okay, Phil will probably do Marc Anthony (I'd put even money on You Sang To Me) and Jordin will likely do a Lopez song, I'm thinking either Waiting For Tonight or I'm Glad.

The rest? No clue. I'm scared/excited about what Sanjaya pulls out. MENUDO.

SHE BANG!! SHE BANG!!

gina singing "smile" with tears in her eyes is the saddest thing i've ever seen on this show. that should be a lesson to all future contestants to never choose a bittersweet song; the irony might just be too much for you to take.

on the plus side, she gradually composed herself and seemed to sincerely enjoy it by the end, which turned out to be the most genuine moment of the season so far.

gina singing "smile" with tears in her eyes is the saddest thing i've ever seen on this show. that should be a lesson to all future contestants to never choose a bittersweet song; the irony might just be too much for you to take.

on the plus side, she gradually composed herself and seemed to sincerely enjoy it by the end, which turned out to be the most genuine moment of the season so far.

yea that pissed me off, Haley keeps sliding by when she probably shouldnt even made it to the top 12 to begin with (getting rid of Sundance and sabrina i think her name was was a big mistake) I was glad phil stayed on (I guess Im his only fan here lol) but Haley should have went. Gina was actually getting better and showing other sides besides her rock side and that she could actually sing a regular song well . She was one of the top 3 females to me (the other being Jordin and Melinda, Lakisha isnt as good as she is made out to be IMO) Yea we all know sanjaya will be around at least untill maybe the final 6 (just like Kevin "Chicken Little" was able to last so long last year, as every year has someone who sucks lasyting way too long)

Its obvious that they MAY be fixing this show right now. sanjaya is a draw, if only cuz people tune in every week thinking hell finally be gone. The judges comments, especially simon this year, seem to be deliberately trying to brainwash the voters into their thinking (which might explain how gina and phil ended up in the bottom 3 this week, but then again they have been frequent visitors to that not so fun club this year so that may be a stretch) Notice I said MAY be fixing, I dont want to be a consipracy guy again here.

methinks Haley will finally get the boot next week, and sanjaya will have us rotfl with his attempt at a latin song

"Just like other Americans I watch American Idol. I just watch it in my own personal viewing room. Atop a couch whose fabric is made of the fur of a now-extinct albino Malaysian tiger. I think I got the last one. I better have."