TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Steviekick

OAO Impact 1/18/07

Out of all the possible women, they pick Jackie to be Miss Tenn.

Couldn't they have just brought someone in from Shimmer?

It's Russo man.........he would probably like the roster to be AJ Styles and all WWE rejects.

This is great......a half hour of an hour show with no matches, even WWE wouldn't do that.

Ok, my Tivo started 5 minutes in... but was LAX Vs. Team 3D not a match? Sure, not a clean finish, but was that not a match?

AJ looks funny with his new tights.

I was watching Final Resolution and my housemate walked in and saw AJ on the floor facing away from the camera, and with his new tights my housemate said, "why did christian die his hair black?"

It looks like Storm has taken Bobby Roode's place.

Storm has got a lot more charisma than Bobby Roode does. Roode flopped and is now trying to latch off of Eric Young's dying heat. Storm is building heat of his own after betraying his long time partner and treating their female manager like crap.

As I said before, if they don't screw it up, they can have another ME player with Storm without having to rely on WWE rejects.

James Storm is good, and it seems like Jacqueline will be fine as his valet for now.

I guess I didn't mind Robert Roode in his new role so much, just the fact that it didn't really go anywhere. At least it gave Traci Brooks something to do, other than slum with "Maverick Matt."

...the Estrogen War.

...that's just wrong to me.

Let me get this right...they shown the women fight in the restroom for 30 seconds then forgot about it the rest of the show and probably for the rest of the month and why is Christy Hemme getting the Milena push....is Foley going to come out as her special friend to back her up? Will I have to go to TNA.com or Myspace to figure out what is going on?

Let me get this right...they shown the women fight in the restroom for 30 seconds then forgot about it the rest of the show and probably for the rest of the month and why is Christy Hemme getting the Milena push....is Foley going to come out as her special friend to back her up? Will I have to go to TNA.com or Myspace to figure out what is going on?

Watch the fucking show before you tear it apart...later in the show, Gail Kim interfered in the Storm/Hoyt match and attacked Jackie.

***Obligatory first-post introduction***

Hi, Everybody.

****End Intro***

I liked the show, for the most part.

On the upside, Styles' line to Eric Young was great. "Jellyhead." Heh. Styles, to me, seems to have some incredible pompous heel potential. His refusal to get up during his match with Rhyno fit perfectly into that persona, without having him lose any real face, kayfabe-wise - he just didn't care to allow an obsessed Rhyno continue to try and cripple him, so his pompous heeldom remained intact, as did his status as a dangerous contender. I was terribly disappointed in the gawdawful Styles-Angle match. Styles is now a second-rate midcard loser that Angle can toss around like a rag doll until distracted by Tomko's Goatee of Doom? Having said pompous heel/dangerous contender look like a job-squadder does nothing for his image though. How did he go from legit world title/x-division threat to Angle jobber that quickly?

Storm as a despicable heel is also looking good.

I just wish they'd start showing some more X-division matches instead of the Nash skits. Those are funny, but honestly the X-division is TNA's biggest asset - they should be on every week for at least one match. An Impact taping without a Shelley or Starr/Aries match is a wasted show.

Just my 2 cents.

Has Christian really never lost in TNA?

No, he has lost. To Rhino if I remember correctly. He just never lost a singles title match in TNA.

-Gerweck.net

Despite competition from all-original broadcast fare - as well as a strong NBA number on TNT and the premiere of American Chopper on TLC - the tenth Primetime airing of TNA Impact had its highest M25-34 rating in this time slot.

Airing on Thursday 1/18 from 9-10p, the telecast averaged a 1.14 HH rating, with a .86 in M18-49, a .99 in M18-34, a 1.19 in M25-34 and an average audience of 1.4 million viewers.

Damn that Russo...fire his ass.

Watch the fucking show before you tear it apart...later in the show, Gail Kim interfered in the Storm/Hoyt match and attacked Jackie.

that probably happened when I stepped out to take a piss.

Damn that Russo...fire his ass.

TNA is going out of business in 3 months.

Am I the only one who thinks Angle is flopping horribly? Some of it is the way he's being booked. I know Russo is going for this edgy Austin tweener thing, but Angle isn't the kind of guy who can do that. It's like one week he's a total heel going after Joe's girlfriend and breaking her leg....now he's suddenly a total face going against the heel Christian. No explanation whatsoever. Some call this being a tweener. I can it being schitzo.

That said, the crowd chanting "RVD" when Christian mentioned the mystery trainer he had was funny. Sorry guys, but RVD has to suffer a while longer in ECW.

Christian cut a great promo, and it was all ruined by Angle.

I hate the new attire from AJ, but I love the AJ sucks chants. I also hate how AJ flops around after getting tossed around.

Angle doesn't look dangerous to me, because the mouth guard makes him look like some sort of psychotic Bugs Bunny. It also seems weird that he's the only guy on the roster to have one. In MMA fair enough, everyone's got one. In TNA, it just makes Angle look like some vain idiot. Besides which, as others have said, this supposedly-tweener role doesn't work for him as far as I can see. He can potentially do it, but the see-sawing booking doesn't help. And of course he carries the American flag down to the ring, which means that unless he starts talking about how the crowd aren't proper Americans, he'll always get some face pops.

I too HATE the way Styles was used against Angle. Truly sickening.

Oh, the 'consultant' that Christian's brought in? I was going to say Haas before I remembered he's back with the WWE. Is this where Steiner will turn up?

I'd love to see DDP show up as well, if only to give Angle a Diamond Cutter at the next PPV.

Another possibility that could work would be Angle-Christian in a heel-v-heel feud. Those can work if done correctly. Pyscho Heel Angle vs. Smarmy Heel Christian would be great. I agree Angle can't seem to handle the 'tweener role all that well. He has two modes in his promos and performances - psycho and schmuck. He can't mix them up without looking utterly ridiculous (i.e., his last couple of weeks in TNA).