TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
alfdogg

This week in the NBA

Yao won't be ready to go when the game rolls around, so my guess is that Amare Stoudemire will get his start. Who would have guessed at the beginning of the season that he would be the Suns player to start in the All-Star game? Unless they move Duncan to center and start Dirk.

T-Mac is actually having an all-star year though.

He's having a good year, but he's also shooting the ball poorly (43% fg, 68% ft, 31% 3's) and has missed close to 10 games. Nash is a no-brainer over him, and I'd put Deron Williams in there before him as well. But we all know why T-Mac is starting, all those commericals and video game covers have to count for something

If 23.2 PPG, 5.5 RPG & 6.3 APG is just a good year, then I think you have ridiculous expectations of what an All-Star should be.

Oh, he's an all-star, but he's only starting because people are brainwashed by cool shoe commericals and NBA Live games. There's no way he should be starting in the all-star game this year. That's all I'm saying.

I don't really get how Nash can win two MVP awards and put up insanely great numbers on an awesome team and still not get enough fan support to start in the game, but whatever, maybe he should get a better agent

Well, that game far exceeded my expectations. Cuttino Mobley ends up winning it with a 3 with 0.6 left, but the Nets almost converted on a lob play right at the end. Tough loss for the Nets, they fought really hard to come back in the second half.

The Nets have become the Kings of the East: Live and die by their backcourt... No interior presence... An overrated "core" of players... Can't close games out... snatch defeat from the jaws of victory time after time...

Guest "Go, Mordecai!"
Man, the Nets just had the shittiest week in NBA history. Three losses in a row all by last-second 3's? You have to feel a little bad for them.

No, I really don't.

Guest Vitamin X
If Clippers would have lost this game I would have been pissed

Clippers back to .500 though

Man, last season really spoiled you guys.

Man, the Nets just had the shittiest week in NBA history. Three losses in a row all by last-second 3's? You have to feel a little bad for them.

No, I really don't.

Yeah, same here. Considering that last week we lost back to back games by 1 point, and the 2nd one was to NJ after Cliff Robinson went over the back for a tip in layup. Fuck the Nets.

The fans don't vote for MVP or Nash wouldn't have any of those either.

Well thankfully the fans don't or we'd be in trouble.

Yao Ming would be MVP every year if that was true.

The Nets have become the Kings of the East: Live and die by their backcourt... No interior presence... An overrated "core" of players... Can't close games out... snatch defeat from the jaws of victory time after time...

Man, and it was just 4 months or so ago when preseason analysts were picking New Jersey as Eastern Conference Champions. Heh.

The fans don't vote for MVP or Nash wouldn't have any of those either.

Well thankfully the fans don't or we'd be in trouble.

Yao Ming would be MVP every year if that was true.

Grant Hill would have been the MVP in his rookie season.

Now that Crawford made 16 shots in a row, how many games does he go where he shoots below 35% to offset that insane stretch?

You're Debbie Downer. Seriously.

Good to see Crawford (hit 16 shots in a row, and 8 3 pointers in a row at one point) and the Knicks take care of business at the Garden tonight. And it was by 20.

Ugh...worst Celtics season ever! (Though the 96-97 season is close). It's astonishing to see the varied different ways they can blow games. When Pierce comes back in early February, they might win a few of these close games but it's really starting to look like we're going to get Durant or Oden.

I got tickets to see The Celtics-Lakers game on January 31st, is there any rivalry that has fallen more than this one? Not just in sports but in almost anything.

Ugh...worst Celtics season ever! (Though the 96-97 season is close). It's astonishing to see the varied different ways they can blow games. When Pierce comes back in early February, they might win a few of these close games but it's really starting to look like we're going to get Durant or Oden.

I got tickets to see The Celtics-Lakers game on January 31st, is there any rivalry that has fallen more than this one? Not just in sports but in almost anything.

Toronto vs Montreal in the NHL.

I must say that the Washington Wizards have the ugliest jersey in all of professional sports.

Gold & Black > Gold & Purple

Or, in other words, the Kings alternate unis are way uglier than the Wizards alternate unis.

No, I really don't.

Yeah, same here. Considering that last week we lost back to back games by 1 point, and the 2nd one was to NJ after Cliff Robinson went over the back for a tip in layup. Fuck the Nets.

Woah, Cliff Robinson is still playing? That's awesome

Please tell me someone watched the highlights of the Jazz/Hornets game tonight. There was a fat lady yelling at the opposing player's free throws who made the most annoying sound I've ever heard. I say that with no exaggeration. She did it twice in the highlight and I was ready to throw things at my screen.

I watched with league pass and its right up there with the guy yelling for Dusty Rhodes at Starrcade '85 and some guy who was yelling at a fight that was on HBO last month (I'm drawing a blank on the fighters).