TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
alfdogg

This week in the NBA

Why would Tyrus Thomas be a deal breaker? What is Jerry West doing, trying to pull a billy Knight? Because Rudy gay and Hakim Warrick don't resemble Tyrus's game AT ALL(except for the being better at it part)?

Were you in a coma these past 3 months? Curry is good now, and the Bulls need a low post presence, which is one of the reasons why they are trying to trade for Gasol.

Pacers win 96-94 in OT after trailing by as many as 20 points in the 3rd quarter. Big fourth quarters from Armstrong, Daniels, and Granger, and Murphy had 17 & 12.

Shaq played 14 minutes and had 5 points and 5 rebounds. He didn't look too sharp, to put it kindly, but that would be expected after so much time off.

Jason Kapono is a hell of a shooter.

Pacers win 96-94 in OT after trailing by as many as 20 points in the 3rd quarter. Big fourth quarters from Armstrong, Daniels, and Granger, and Murphy had 17 & 12.

Shaq played 14 minutes and had 5 points and 5 rebounds. He didn't look too sharp, to put it kindly, but that would be expected after so much time off.

Jason Kapono is a hell of a shooter.

You know, Kapono is a shooter, but when exactly will people stop leaving him? Exactly how many WIDE open 3s does the guy get. When do opposing coaches say "Hey, don't leave this guy?"

Why would Tyrus Thomas be a deal breaker? What is Jerry West doing, trying to pull a billy Knight? Because Rudy gay and Hakim Warrick don't resemble Tyrus's game AT ALL(except for the being better at it part)?

Gay's game is a lot more similar to Luol Deng than Tyrus Thomas.

And even if you want to compare the two, I would much rather have fearless rimrocker Thomas than passive, inconsistent Gay.

You've got a point about Warrick/Thomas having similar games, but if the Griz are going to trade their best rebounder/shotblocker/inside scorer it only makes sense to want someone with Thomas' upside and shotblocking/rebounding ability in return. Unless they're getting back an exact replica of Gasol they're going to end up with some mismatched pieces, and when you're trading away an established all-star center you want the best/most valuable young talent available, and Thomas is the youngest/highest upside player the Bulls have to offer. Deng is the guy who's more of a mismatch for their roster with Gay and Mike Miller at the 3, but you take him over Ben Gordon since he's a better all-around player and younger too.

Can't be bothered to find the CTDWAT for the Sports... but watching Rafer during the Hou/SA game I was wondering..

With how popular street ball is getting in America and the NBA's lust for wanting to get more "cred" with younger kids and prove that its not a stuffy league...

Why not instead of a Rookie/Sophomore game.. you invite an And 1 team to come in and play against a select group of NBA players?

Can't be bothered to find the CTDWAT for the Sports... but watching Rafer during the Hou/SA game I was wondering..

With how popular street ball is getting in America and the NBA's lust for wanting to get more "cred" with younger kids and prove that its not a stuffy league...

Why not instead of a Rookie/Sophomore game.. you invite an And 1 team to come in and play against a select group of NBA players?

Because if the And 1 guys won(which they wouldn't) it would not be a good look for the league.

If the And1 guys were good enough to pose a threat to a team of NBA players, they'd probably already be in the NBA in the first place, like Alston. I doubt they could even hang with an above average college team.

Most NBA coaches would rather shoot themselves than have guys who don't play defense, take bad shots, and turn the ball over.

In an exhibition game, there's always a chance that the And 1 guys could pull an upset, which would just be all sorts of bad publicity for the NBA. Why give a national stage to those who are basically bastardizing the sport?

But, but, they can take guys shirts off and bounce the balls off of their heads. Steve Nash can't do what Hot Sauce do.*

* I'm well aware that every time guys like Hot Sauce touch the ball it's either a carry, travel or 24 second violation. In a legit game at Rucker the And1 guys would get their asses kicked.

Some good stuff tonight

Eddie Jones hits a crazy shot to beat Jazz in OT 132-130

Blazers beat Minnesota in OT, Clippers now tied with Minn for the 8th seed

EDIT: Monta Ellis hits a shot at the buzzer to beat Nets 110-109

Back to the Rookie/Sophomore game for a minute: Wow. I didn't realize until I was just looking through numbers what a deep draft class 2005 has ended up being. There's going to be a lot of Sophs having solid seasons left off that team.

Chris Paul

David Lee

Deron Williams

Andrew Bogut

Raymond Felton

Sean May

Monta Ellis

Jarrett Jack

Ryan Gomes

Danny Granger

Andrew Bynum

Hakim Warrick

Luther Head

Channing Frye

Marvin Williams

That's the top 15 ordered by efficiency ranking, not including Charlie Villanueva since he'll probably still be out due to injury. And they usually only take 9 to a team for this game.

Well since my idea of having an And1 team actually play a game went over well...

..why not throw some of 'em into the dunk contest? I mean fuck, it couldn't hurt to put atleast a couple in to jazz up the contest

I think something needs to be done to spice up the slam dunk contest, or at least avoid an embarrassment like last year where Nate Robinson missed like 15 dunks in a row but still won. Give some incentive to get good people in there, please.

Supposedly there might be a deal in the works that would send Corey Maggette and Shaun Livingston to the Nets for Vince Carter and Marcus Williams. I don't think that works under the salary cap, but there might be some ancillary pieces to even things out. I actually sort of like that deal for both teams, although a lot less for the Clippers. The Nets are essentially thisclose to needing an all-out rebuild, and the Clips need a shot in the ass to get them back into contention this year.

But, but, they can take guys shirts off and bounce the balls off of their heads. Steve Nash can't do what Hot Sauce do.*

* I'm well aware that every time guys like Hot Sauce touch the ball it's either a carry, travel or 24 second violation. In a legit game at Rucker the And1 guys would get their asses kicked.

I wouldn't go that far. The main reason most of these guys aren't in the league is A: Lack of midrange game and B: They are too small.

Most of them played very well in college, and put up great numbers, and some are doing great on some of the smaller basketball leagues (think IBL and shit like that) but a 5-8 two guard with no jumper isn't going to make it in the league. Niether is a 6-7 center with no real handles. They can play real ball though.

But they are there to put on a show. They are a modern day Harlem Globetrotters.

The Bulls lead the Mavericks 27-13 after 1 quarter. The 13 points by the Mavsis a seasonlow for a quarter, and it would have been even less had it not been for 7 last minute (literally) points.

This has been a very fun game to watch so far on TNT.

EDIT

That was a little harsh of me. Bosh deserves to be there, but he shouldn't be starting ahead of O'Neal, and my mind can't be changed on that.