TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RonL21

OAO Monday Night Raw Thread-1/29/2007

One night after history was made at the Royal Rumble, Raw sifts through the Superstar debris in Dallas’ American Airlines Center.

The Heartbroke Kid

In front of a hometown San Antonio crowd, The Showstopper fell one man short from doing what he promised on Raw last week—winning his third Royal Rumble Match. With Undertaker now headed to the main event of WrestleMania 23, what’s next for Shawn Michaels? He remains a target in many Superstars’ sights, including Rated-RKO’s Edge & Randy Orton, and one can never count out Mr. McMahon. Then again, one should never overlook HBK, either. Will Dallas become privy to a “Plan B” from the DX member?

Cena stands tall

Who’d have thunk it? Despite severe abdominal injuries at the hands of Umaga last week, plus being turned into a bloody mess at last night’s Royal Rumble, a crazed WWE Champion John Cena defied the odds and choked out the Samoan Bulldozer! By emerging as the Last Man Standing, The Champ has certainly converted even some of his harshest critics into loyal Chain-Gang Soldiers. But there are still plenty of others lying in wait to challenge Cena for his title…including his WrestleMania 23 opponent, whoever that is. Will tonight’s Raw reveal his identity?

Mr. McMahon Fan appreciation day

As Mr. McMahon announced last week, he’s planning a big surprise for WWE fans on Raw tonight. What exactly has the Chairman trumped up for them? Will the fans—or any of the Raw Superstars—truly value it?

Jeff vs. the Behemoth

Tonight on Raw, high-flying Intercontinental Champion Jeff Hardy will face the enormous Great Khali with gold on the line. Will Hardy’s combination of high-risk aerial maneuvers and lightning-fast speed be enough to topple all 420-pounds of the Punjabi Warrior?

This has been added to the preview.

Jeff vs. the Behemoth

Tonight on Raw, high-flying Intercontinental Champion Jeff Hardy will face the enormous Great Khali with gold on the line. Will Hardy’s combination of high-risk aerial maneuvers and lightning-fast speed be enough to topple all 420-pounds of the Punjabi Warrior?

If it was non-title, it'd be an easy Khali squash. But with the title on the line? I can't see Khali winning it. Maybe Jeff gets himself DQed after Khali no-sells a chair shot?

The Great Khali, who along with Kendrick & London, Helms, Finley, Cena, and Benoit is the best thing on television (and totally made the Rumble go from awful to fun with his elim. streak) should win the IC title tonight and break Honky Tonk Man's streak. That is all.

I suspect we get "Imposter McMahon Vs. Imposter Donald" tonight.

Mr. McMahon Fan appreciation day

As Mr. McMahon announced last week, he’s planning a big surprise for WWE fans on Raw tonight. What exactly has the Chairman trumped up for them? Will the fans—or any of the Raw Superstars—truly value it?

Can't wait to see the midgets!

The Great Khali, who along with Kendrick & London, Helms, Finley, Cena, and Benoit is the best thing on television (and totally made the Rumble go from awful to fun with his elim. streak) should win the IC title tonight and break Honky Tonk Man's streak. That is all.

God I hope your being sarcastic.

Khali vs Hardy will be intresting, I'm thinking DQ finish as well.

No I'm not being sarcastic. Khali is an awesome throwback to the days of the 80's, is mega over, TOTALLY took the Rumble from "Zzzz...." to interesting (along with the HBK/Taker showdown), and deserves a huge undefeated run.

Jeff has been booked SUPER-strong so far in the past 2 months, so Khali winning by countout after pressing him to the floor or something is likely.

Well, I thought Khali's initial appearance was an OMG moment cause you knew he'd start tossing people. But then he did his horrible headbutts and chops to the head....and the crowd died. I always like seeing some huge jobber like Khali in the Rumble though. He's fun fodder for some serious contender to toss.

Source: Meltzer

"There looks to be a major change in the planned Wrestlemania line-up having to do with John Cena's match. The decision hasn't been fully made but I'm told the change of a change from the plan is significant."

Source: Meltzer

"There looks to be a major change in the planned Wrestlemania line-up having to do with John Cena's match. The decision hasn't been fully made but I'm told the change of a change from the plan is significant."

Oh god Cena heel turn and joins McMahon against Hogan and Trump~!

So basically Meltzer's being a mark.

Michaels/Cena at Mania. They're hinting at it in the Raw preview ever so slightly if you know how to read between the lines.

*cough* plan B *cough*

(although Michaels getting a title shot totally devalues the Rumble even further...I guess. The announcers DID state that Batista/Taker would be THE main event at WM 23, as in the last match, so I guess Shawn could settle for the 15-min sub-main.)

Well last year wasn't HHH the last Raw guy to be thrown out? He ended up going against Cena. And the year before that Cena and Batista were the final two for each brand and both of them went on to Wrestlemania. It seems to be like it's becoming tradition for the last guy from each brand getting the shot. (It didn't happen at WM 20, but that was because Angle beat Show/Cena at No Way Out, and really, neither Show/Brock nor Show/Eddy would have been good Wrestlemania main events. )

I'd laugh if the big change was the one I was hoping for:

Cena vs. Taker at Mania.

BOOK IT!

Cena being the one to beat Taker at WM would be just as stupid as Batista being the one to do it.

It would be the one thing that would get me to stop watching RAW for good.

Guest Princess Leena
Please, PLEASE tell me they are NOT going to give Khali the IC title just so Hogan can try to slam him at Mania.

That would be awesome.

A high percentage that one of them would get injured. And Khali gets gold!

Cena over Taker would be a billion times better than Batista over Taker actually, since Cena is the present/future of the business and a WM win over Taker would make him 1,000,000 times more of a mega star than he already is. Do it.

Ah, shit. There's the No Way Out or SNME main event. Shawn and Cena Vs. Taker and Batista.

See, I see Cena/Taker more of a better choice to have a sorta Hogan/Andre vibe than anything else.

Let me explain.

John Cena = Hulk Hogan...and not just because of how invincible they're made to look like.

Cena is the man that has been, for the better part of the past 2 years, WWE Champion. He's been fighting hard, proving himself (sorta), and being the best he can. He, like Hogan, is the young champion out to prove himself (...yes, Hogan was relatively young at the time of WrestleMania 3)

The Undertaker = Andre The Giant.

Besides the Mania Streak being the equivilent to Andre's "15 year unbeaten streak", there's also the tenure factor. Undertaker's time in WWF/E I think is pretty close to how long Andre was in WWF at the time of Mania 3. He'll be the fighting legend, looking to prove himself over the young champion.

Now the slamming thing won't come into effect, but still...it's pretty damn close there.

Add to that I don't think Cena has ever beaten Undertaker, and you have, in my eyes, a better main event than Batista/Taker.

does no one remember 2003-2004 Cena/Taker?

Taker killed Cena but it was an entertaining build up

ex. Cena rapping in a graveyard then pissing on the MARK (tombstone)

anyway, I bet the major change is turning it into a 1 on 1 match. Edge and HBK in a gimmick match.