TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RonL21

OAO Monday Night Raw Thread-1/29/2007

Jesus, how long have you guys been watching wrestling? It's not going to be Cena/Taker.

DING DING DING!

the whole Undertaker thing was just a tease to hype up the whole "Who will the Royal Rumble winner pick to face at Wrestlemania!" angle they've done for the past few years. I would like to see Kennedy vs Bastista at WM as well, with Kennedy winning the title but it's going to be Undertaker vs Batista the seeds have already been planted for the past few weeks.

Great ending to Raw. I still think it's gonna be Taker/Batista at Mania, but it's great to tease otherwise. I think Undertaker should keep the streak.

The rest of the show was crap, as usual.

So I was thinking if the Taker thing is a swerve, are we really going to get a Cena/HBK 1 on 1 match before Backlash and if so, who turns heel?

Jesus, how long have you guys been watching wrestling? It's not going to be Cena/Taker.

DING DING DING!

the whole Undertaker thing was just a tease to hype up the whole "Who will the Royal Rumble winner pick to face at Wrestlemania!" angle they've done for the past few years. I would like to see Kennedy vs Bastista at WM as well, with Kennedy winning the title but it's going to be Undertaker vs Batista the seeds have already been planted for the past few weeks.

Theres that whole thing about Cena's title match being changed that is aiding into the hope that it really is Cena/Taker. Im hoping they will use the reaction from last night to decide to go with Cena/Taker but the realist says they are to set on Batista/Taker to change it now. My guess is on SD, Taker shows up at the end, and Batista doesn't just stand there like a dofus and stare at Taker..

and I really still would like to see HBK/Kennedy.

Guest Princess Leena
one of the best endings to raw in a long time !!!

Damn you, Glennsoe.

That RAW ending was done to get the internet buzzing and Meltzer, while he's the most credible person for information right now, can be worked just like any of us. Although, it seems very possible that Dave is right and Cena's match was changed to include HBK in some manner.

Just look at it from where WWE are coming from and setting things up. Cena/Taker is very interesting but a classic tease. With no knowledge of internet/Meltzer rumors, what do we know. Logical booking wise we have absolutely no idea what's going to happen except that Batista/Taker was pushed since before the Rumble and now Cena/HBK has been teased as the match if Batista/Taker happens. HBK has been pushed as wanting one last shot at Wrestlemania, so he's probably in one of the title matches, be that RAW or Smackdown. Then there's the ECW Title match. Other than that it's all conjecture except Trump-???/Vince-??? happening and Orton/Egde having to settle issues. So start with that:

MAIN EVENT - World Heavyweight Title

Title vs. Streak

Batista vs. Taker

Sub Mains

WWE Title - Cena vs. HBK (Edge/Orton for Fatal fourway but WWE prefers one-on-one title matches)

Edge vs. Orton (Gone if four way)

Hogan-Trump vs. Vince-??? (Shane or Khali)

ECW Title - Lashley vs. ??? (could be anyone, but they won't trot two four ways out there so this will depend on the more important WWE title)

Okay, that's what I've got. In the midcard Kennedy in particular or possibly somebody like, Carlito, Shelton or Punk (who would benefit more from the exposure to the crowd than winning) could use a Money in the Bank match, while the TLC gets more people (tag teams) onto the card. Most agree that only one will be on the show and MITB is becoming a nice tradition, but they decided to move the Elimination Chamber onto different PPV's so it's not a given. Only one between the IC and US will be on the line since that's been common practice and it's not likely that they'll unify the Tag titles so TLC can get rid of that or Smackdown gets a defense, but honestly there's a lot of stuff they can do. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised to see them extend Kane/Booker out till Wrestlemania. The undercard's never obvious until after No Way Out.

The other thing we have to consider now, is who will Cena/HBK drop the titles too? They need to get them off the main eventers and put them back into the tag team division.

They cant hold onto them and do the "tag team champions fight each other" angle can they?

Four way:

Cena/HBK Vs. Rated RKO Vs. Cryme Tyme Vs. TWGTT

WGTT take the belts in a one-fall, 4-way on Raw.

Cryme Tyme wins the belts at WM 23.

Lol

From PWInsider:

Monday's edition of WWE RAW scored a 4.2 cable rating, with a 6.2 share; up from last week's 4.1. The show did hours of 4.0 and 4.3.

WWE AM RAW scored a 0.7 cable rating, with a 3.1 share.

They cant hold onto them and do the "tag team champions fight each other" angle can they?

Meh, not like the tag titles have meant much anyway especially at Wrestlemania. We're lucky if we get one tag title match at the PPV. I wouldn't be surprised if they redid the Mysterio / Guerrero tag champ vs. tag champ deal at WM 23 except it will be the World Tag Team Champions fighting for the WWE Championship instead and we get the WWE Tag Team Championship defended instead earlier on in the program.