TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
theintensifier

OAO No Way Out thread

No Way Out is shaping up to be a pretty solid PPV. The Royal Rumble was a good start for 2007, let's hope that NWO keeps that momentum going!

The 2/18 No Way Out PPV card has changed, for the better, with a return from Armageddon with Brian Kendrick & Paul London defending the tag titles against MNM, The Hardys and William Regal & David Taylor in a ladder match.

http://www.wrestlingobserver.com/wo/news/h...t.asp?aID=18593

Guest Princess Leena

I dislike how the biggest filler PPV of the year usually has good matches.

I've always wanted to attend a wrestling event, but sadly, I never have.

I might get lucky and go to an ROH show in Detriot.

I'm looking forward to attending. I'm just not sure about the likely Finlay vs. Boogeyman match. Please let Boogeyman lose, finally.

Well, if it makes you feel better, they do have a match on Smackdown this Friday, so maybe that will be the end of it. Here's the winner if you're wondering...

................Finlay

I'm looking forward to attending. I'm just not sure about the likely Finlay vs. Boogeyman match. Please let Boogeyman lose, finally.

Well, if it makes you feel better, they do have a match on Smackdown this Friday, so maybe that will be the end of it. Here's the winner if you're wondering...

................Finlay

That's obviously just leading to a tag match at No Way Out.

Finlay/Little Bastard vs. Boogeyman/Boogeyboy(coming to a SD near you real soon!)

Not really a spoiler, just playing it safe.

................Finlay

That's obviously just leading to a tag match at No Way Out.

Finlay/Little Bastard vs. Boogeyman/Boogeyboy(coming to a SD near you real soon!)

Not really a spoiler, just playing it safe.

lol boogeyboy (that's hilarious)

hey fazzle, y do u have a pic underneath ur posts that says u suk?

So the theme is Monster magnet's "Power Trippin'"? I like it, but I'm surprised they used such an old song.

Hey, they used "Big Time" by Peter Gabriel for Wrestlemania last year, which I thought was a great choice, and that was from 1986.

I never thought the 4 way match this month was a good idea to begin with. They just had it in December, and you would assume there is a Money in the Bank match at Mania. Don't oversaturate the gimmick.

Not announcing the original at Armageddon was one thing. Announcing the rematch, spending half the damn show last week hyping it and then pulling it a week or so before the PPV (on the WEBSITE no less) is a whole new level of dumb. And then they make it out to be Duece and Domino's doing, as if they want the fans who bought tickets to crap on the match because it's not a Ladder Match.

They'll probably just do Hardyz vs. MNM, Ladder Match. They surely wouldn't be stupid enough to bait and switch the match completely, would they?

Why did they do that?

WWE announced the match on the website, then spent time hyping it, only to yank it from the PPV. Why bother making the announcement in the first place. Surely this wasn't a snap decision. The ladder match probably would have added a bunch of buys from fans after the reaction the first one got. It just doesn't make sense.

At least it makes more sence considering that they should be the #1 contenders.

Not defending it, it was a stupid way of doing things, but ya know, least it makes sense.

At least it makes more sence considering that they should be the #1 contenders.

Not defending it, it was a stupid way of doing things, but ya know, least it makes sense.

It does indeed make sense and I think they should have been placed in the ladder match instead of Regal/Taylor. If they were going to go through with it of course.

We ARE the same fanbase that made a stink about the overuse of ladder matches between 2000 and 2003, right?

Doing a rematch of a match from 2 months ago and a little over oen month from your big annual 6 man ladder spotfest is too much. I approve of this change for that reason.

However, it would have been a good match and it's removal from the card (which combined with the tag team main event made it a "I must see this!" event) has pretty much guaranteed I won't try very hard to split the cost of the show with a friend just 3 weeks after the Rumble.

WHY THE LADDER MATCH WAS PULLED FROM NO WAY OUT

by Mike Johnson @ 2:32:00 PM on 2/12/2007

For those of you who are wondering why WWE yanked the four way ladder match from the No Way Out PPV, the reason is that Vince McMahon decided over the weekend that (as of right now, since they keep going back and forth on this) The Hardy Boyz and MNM will no longer be teaming. Matt Hardy, Joey Mercury, Jeff Hardy and Johnny Nitro will be going back to singles roles on their respective brands.

With that decision made, the feeling was that having the Four Way ladder match at the No Way Out PPV was meaningless, so they've switched gears to allow Deuce and Domino to challenge WWE Tag Team champions Paul London and Brian Kendrick instead. Stephanie McMahon made the call to change the match.

WWE has gone back and forth on whether to keep the teams together or not, so this is just the latest in that trend.

For someone whos actually going to be at No Way Out live sunday, this is really fucked up. the 4-way ladder match last year was one of the best matches of 2006 and I was excited to be seeing it again LIVE!. I really was. what a fucked up way to screw its fans like that. fuck you WWE!

How dare WWE use storyline logic and cancel a match that was a rematch of a match from just two months ago that seriously injured a wrestler. How dare they cancel the match a month before (probably) pushing a 6 man ladder match as a big attraction for their biggest event of the year. How dare they remove a match because it would involve teams that they're not supposed to be keeping together and thus has no continuity sense.

Yes, clearly WWE is the enemy here, and not the bloodthirsty internet minions.

yeah, but for the fans who are going to be there live, this is a disapointing news. the point of the match was sence the last one was so good, why not do it one last time. the fact is the match has already been announced on TV and have already been hyped so fans are already expecting to see this match at the PPV regardless of the storylines. If they didn't want to have the fucking match in the first place, they've shouldn't have announced it. so yeah, again. fuck you WWE.

They just did the match.

The Hardyz v. MNM tag feud has been blown off

London/Kendrick v. Regal/Taylor was blown off

Deuce and Domino have defeated the champs in a non-title match.

It made no sense for them to do the match, good for them for changing it

For someone whos actually going to be at No Way Out live sunday, this is really fucked up. the 4-way ladder match last year was one of the best matches of 2006 and I was excited to be seeing it again LIVE!. I really was. what a fucked up way to screw its fans like that. fuck you WWE!

This is exactly how I feel.

Just wondering, dude... Where is your seat?

This is exactly how I feel.

Just wondering, dude... Where is your seat?

Not really sure yet. my cousin got them for free through his mom's job. although I heard they're really good seats though. I had great seats for WM21.